Dual Citizenship For Thai Lady ?

Picked up today at the Bar: A Thai Lady acquiring citizenship in a Farang country will loose her Thai-Citizenship by doing so ! Opposition: No, a Thai National will retain his Thai-Nationality, no matter what ! He/She will have Dual-Citizenship. What is correct ?

Thx & cheers.

Opposition is correct. I know several dual US/Thai citizens, including my TW and our children. You're merely required to exit and enter Thailand on the Thai passport, and use the other passport elsewhere.

Edited by KhunG

Picked up today at the Bar: A Thai Lady acquiring citizenship in a Farang country will loose her Thai-Citizenship by doing so ! Opposition: No, a Thai National will retain his Thai-Nationality, no matter what ! He/She will have Dual-Citizenship. What is correct ?

It depends, if the nationality is acquired by marriage it is fine, if by naturalization the law says that it cause loss of Thai nationality, per section 22.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811510-citizenship-for-daughter-born-in-australia/page-2#entry9231270

However, this is not enforced at least I have never seen any case.

It depends on the regulations of the new Country which grants Citizenship.

Thailand has no problems with Dual Nationality, however the OTHER Nation may not allow this and insist that the Thai renounces Thai Citizenship when they are granted Citizenship of their new Country.

Patrick