Woman found hanging in rented Phuket room

webfact

Woman found hanging in rented Phuket room
Eakkapop Thongtub

1427448821_1-org.jpg
The woman was found by neighbours hanging by a piece of electric cable.

PHUKET: -- A 28-year-old woman was found hanging in a rented room in Patong in the early hours of today (March 27). There were messages written on the wall according to police.

At 12:45am, Maj Theerasak Boonseng of Kathu police received a call from local residents to investigate a woman who was found hanging in a rented room behind the Naza Bar on Fifty Year Rd in Patong.

Police arrived at the scene with Kusoldharm rescue workers but the body of the woman had already been taken to Patong hospital by neighbours.

The neighbours told police that they found the woman hanging by a length of electric cable and immediately took the woman down and put her on the floor.

They said that the victim was still breathing when they took her down so rushed her to Patong Hospital but she died as they arrived.

They advised police that they believed the woman had tried to kill herself.

The victim, name withheld, had been dead for less than an hour when police arrived at the hospital, and they said that she had bruises around her neck and her lips were pale.

They also stated that there appeared to be no sign of foul play or assault on the body.

At the rented room, police discovered love notes and poems on the wall of her room, but still will have to investigate further to ascertain whether they were in fact written by the victim.

Witnesses who knew the victim said that she was unemployed and living with her boyfriend. Prior before the incident, they heard the couple arguing about the boyfriend chatting with other girls on Facebook and Line.

Some say the victim's feelings were hurt after she had caught the boyfriend cheating with other women.

The victim attempted to commit suicide after her boyfriend left for work and she was rescued by residents but died at hospital one witness told police.

This is the fourth incident this month police have been called to about women hanging themselves.

On March 13, a university student was found dead after hanging herself. She had left notes to love ones.

On March 15, a masseuse hung herself in her rented mansion, and on March 22 another woman was found hanging in a rented room at Karn Kayha in Thalang.

If you or anyone you know is depressed or in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand on their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02-713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-found-hanging-in-rented-phuket-room-51615.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-27

I find it amusing these days to find that in Thailand, a lot of thai females actually keep (I mean support financially) young cute looking males. These guys do not work except for a few and the females are usually older. Some of these guys are even gays who have not come out opennly and when their female keepers are away, they will do their own stuff ie cruisng for other gays etc. I had such an experinece and found it so amusing.

...........believed the woman had tried to kill herself!............Well in fact she did kill herself. Who wrote this story?

That is what the neighbours said. So nothing wrong with the way that is written, unless you'd want the writer to change the quote from the neighbours.
  • Like 1

...........believed the woman had tried to kill herself!............Well in fact she did kill herself. Who wrote this story?

That is what the neighbours said. So nothing wrong with the way that is written, unless you'd want the writer to change the quote from the neighbours.

stevenl, not to pay much attention to this poster, he has won my "strange ranger" post of the year award from the Krabi forum on the American fugitive woman:

"Suspect she became a street free-lanced hooker. 6 years is a long time with out proper paperwork. Makes me wonder if a faring never visits bars or gets into trouble, it would be a very very long time before he is discovered during cremation ceremonies? Will he be allowed to be buried in Thailand? A cheap way of going!"

Edited by grumpyoldman
  • Like 1

I by no means understand any woman, let alone a Thai lady. It appears that the persona the Thai's like to build up around themselves, something along the lines that I have this that and other...and then when the real or fake living standard they built up falls, they simply cannot, due to the face saving issue here, go back 'home' and start anew. I actually heard a Thai lady say that it would be simpler to kill herself than to face the scorn of going back home and trying to explain why she lost her farang boyfriend. She actually said that her life was much better than before, so when she 'comes back'...that is, after killing herself...she would have an even better life. Part of the mystery surrounding Buddhism. In the end it is sad that anyone reverts to a permanent solution over a temporary problem. Just my thoughts.

Not when the neighbours found her she hadn't, that's why she was taken to hospital. Seems to be a well written report, why don't you read things properly?

• Like 1