Khao Soi

angsta

I had same problem two weeks ago then i founded in the end. Been there many times already. You can see the rewiews on the wall, only positivt, newspapers and costumers.

Khao soi kai 55b real good original north-thai food.

Loc: 3.road/soi leng kee. If you stay on the 3 road east side and you nose is toward south, walk about 50m and you can see 2 very big lightgreen umbrellas , there.

Close 18.00

Let us know if you like it?

Two places on 3rd Road.

The one you have found, Reuan Khao Poon, although the Khanom Jeen is their speciality, their Khao Soi is decent.

The other one is further South, about 300 metres after the Pattaya Tai junction, on the opposite side of the road to the above, called Krua Meuang Thai Neua.

Both these places are daytime restaurants and are normally closed by the time the sun goes down.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1

Two places on 3rd Road.

The one you have found, Reuan Khao Poon, although the Khanom Jeen is their speciality, their Khao Soi is decent.

The other one is further South, about 300 metres after the Pattaya Tai junction, on the opposite side of the road to the above, called Krua Meuang Thai Neua.

Both these places are daytime restaurants and are normally closed by the time the sun goes down.

Khao Soi is traditionally a brunch dish in Chiang Mai and most decent places are closed in the afternoon or have run out.

Can you give me a reference point for Krua Meuang Thai Neua? You go over the Pattaya Tai junction with Tonys gym on your left and this place is on you right approx 300 meters?

So round two. This place is literally around the corner from me. Since Googlemaps took those photos in 2012 the area has changed but the shop remains the same and it's just off third road..

This Khao Soi has a little bit more going on, more of everything and only 40 baht. Yesterday I went heavy with the chilli but today less so. Quality. When I was leaving I asked about the pots which were full of soups and currys. In Chiang Mai there is/was a pot lady at the the end of Soi 9 Moon Muang and she sold the most amazing Burmese curry (hang/gang ley?) and yes they had some and sticky rice and that has also just been demolished.

I will be back.

• Like 1

Good to hear you enjoyed it Angsta.

Its a bit of hidden gem that restaurant, so don't go telling everyone ;)

I presume you never had a chance to try Supnay Lanna Cuisine, which was also on 3rd Road ?

Their Khao Soi was also superb.

Unfortunately they barely lasted a year :(

• Like 1

So round two. This place is literally around the corner from me. Since Googlemaps took those photos in 2012 the area has changed but the shop remains the same and it's just off third road..

This Khao Soi has a little bit more going on, more of everything and only 40 baht. Yesterday I went heavy with the chilli but today less so. Quality. When I was leaving I asked about the pots which were full of soups and currys. In Chiang Mai there is/was a pot lady at the the end of Soi 9 Moon Muang and she sold the most amazing Burmese curry (hang/gang ley?) and yes they had some and sticky rice and that has also just been demolished.

I will be back.

I rediscovered khao soi on my recent second honeymoon with the surprisingly young, awesomely talented and amazingly clever Mrs NL last February. This is great to know that a good version of it is available in Pattaya. Noted for when I get back from the land of (very bland) phở.

Good to hear you enjoyed it Angsta.

Its a bit of hidden gem that restaurant, so don't go telling everyone wink.png

I presume you never had a chance to try Supnay Lanna Cuisine, which was also on 3rd Road ?

Their Khao Soi was also superb.

Unfortunately they barely lasted a year sad.png

Sadly I didn't. I lived in CM for a couple of years so this was something I ate regularly and the quality there is very good.

I'll be popping back for some more tomorrow...it would be rude not to.

Oh, and the opening hours are 08:00 - 16:00.

• Like 1

I have tried the 2 places on Third Rd. but the one in Jomtien, Soi Chaiyapruek may edge them out and be crowned the best?

Up from the beach about a block or so on the right.

Can you do a googlemap like the other chap? Or coordinates? Failing that, get a name for it. The US standard measurement doesn't really equate here and is even more nebulous with the 'about a block or so' reference.

I have tried the 2 places on Third Rd. but the one in Jomtien, Soi Chaiyapruek may edge them out and be crowned the best?

Up from the beach about a block or so on the right.

Can you do a googlemap like the other chap? Or coordinates? Failing that, get a name for it. The US standard measurement doesn't really equate here and is even more nebulous with the 'about a block or so' reference.

I just checked google street view but the images are from Nov. 2012 and I don't see this place. I was there about 6 months ago. Hopefully they are still doing business.

You can walk up Soi Chaiyapruek from the beach, maybe 200 meters or so on the right.

If you get to 2nd road you have gone too far.

Not a long walk, Easy to explore that area. If I get a chance I will drive by and get a more accurate address.

• Like 1