Junta enjoys 85% approval rating: Suan Dusit poll

Lite Beer

OK another poll and VERY positive, nice to hear....

Great thing this overwhelming acceptance! clap2.gif

So if this is the case hold free elections immediately and celebrate your great victory with over 85% voting for you.

Well is it only me, somehow I have the feeling it may not be close to 85% after the votes are all accounted for?

Amazing how cynical the responses are to this poll by TV readers.

Definition of a cynic: a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.

I wonder what the respondents' opinion is of the popularity rating of most Western governments. In some of these "models of democracy" the approval rating is under 25% - ironic given that these freely elected governments are ostensibly elected by the same people who give them a bad rating.

Let me guess - this bilious bunch equates western democracy with a universal religion.

Or, perhaps, we're skeptical since the people in charge have explicitly said that they would only allow polls to be taken and published which put the regime in a good light? Which pretty much guarantees a positive result. Which we therefore feel makes it a pointless exercise. It could be that.

I wonder what the respondents' opinion is of the popularity rating of most Western governments. In some of these "models of democracy" the approval rating is under 25% - ironic given that these freely elected governments are ostensibly elected by the same people who give them a bad rating.

I think you just proved the point you were ridiculing with that statement. The 85%+ poll results are ludicrous when you consider that these are polls about an unelected government which is suprressing peoples basic freedoms. A 65% approval rating would be very favorable throughout the world. To believe that 85% of people are happy by the fact that they have to watch their unelected prime minister on prime time television regularly is not only highly unlikely, it is completely insulting to everyone elses intelligence.

Who did they poll? How many? When? What is the calculated margin of error? Where is the link to the detailed question/response write-up?

Maybe the poll was executed flawlessly. Maybe the poll is a complete fabrication.

It's anybody's guess. facepalm.gif

Edited by phoenixdoglover

lol, the best thing about these 'poll' threads is that they bring out a plethora of red-shirts who unwittingly show us their intellect by flooding the thread with comments an 8 year would be embarrassed about.

Do you seriously believe Suan Dusit are doing polls under orders from the government and 'doctor' the results in case they get arrested ?.

Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

So...you are telling me, that you really believe this buhlscheiss?

Seriously?cheesy.gif

DM07, surely you realise that EnglishJohn is a 'send up', a parody of the anti-red shirts !! :)

Definition of a cynic: a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.

Let me guess - this bilious bunch equates western democracy with a universal religion.

These are not cynical responses but rather realistic responses based on fact.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1424762688&section=11&typecate=06

The junta has degreed that only positive polls are allowed, thus making the results of all polls suspect.

Try to keep up.

• Like 1

lol, the best thing about these 'poll' threads is that they bring out a plethora of red-shirts who unwittingly show us their intellect by flooding the thread with comments an 8 year would be embarrassed about.

Do you seriously believe Suan Dusit are doing polls under orders from the government and 'doctor' the results in case they get arrested ?.

Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool instead of opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

That is great advice. Unfortunately, most people never follow their own advice.

So...you are telling me, that you really believe this buhlscheiss?

Seriously?cheesy.gif

Thanks for saying that first, was the first thought that sprang into my mind.

And why are they piddling around with 85 % ? Just go for a clean sweep

and call it 100% !! Oh wait that would make it look phoney.....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think you just proved the point you were ridiculing with that statement. The 85%+ poll results are ludicrous when you consider that these are polls about an unelected government which is suprressing peoples basic freedoms. A 65% approval rating would be very favorable throughout the world. To believe that 85% of people are happy by the fact that they have to watch their unelected prime minister on prime time television regularly is not only highly unlikely, it is completely insulting to everyone elses intelligence.

I think you are making a big mistake by presuming Does has intelligence.

Interesting how so many wish to lash out at the west during a low time in Thai history. There are a few very good examples of Asian Democracies that Thailand should find inspiration from. Being a westerner and criticizing the current affairs in Thailand does not make them chauvinists. It makes you appear overly touchy.

• Like 2

To be cynical is often being realistic.

Seems to work for most communist countries, the East German government when under communist control always managed to get 98% of the vote, makes you wonder then where the hundreds of thousands of people came from who went out on the streets protesting ''We are the people''

• Like 1

yes and 8 out 10 cat owners said their cats preferred whiskas , which sounds great till you actually started to read the smaller parts of the adverts wink.png

...but my cat really does like Whiskas, wish she didn't it's damm expensive LOL

We get our Whiskas cheaper from Makro. The wife loves the salmon one in Tom Yam Cat.

Yet to see a poll showing less than 85% Junta support, can't fathom why Prayuth isn't bringing on elections ASAP, maybe these polls are potentially lacking just a little in accuracy?

If you want to know the truth, the poll actually came back at 120% approval for the Junta.

They adjusted it down to make it look a bit more believable.

No need to waste the taxpayers money on an election.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

Yet to see a poll showing less than 85% Junta support, can't fathom why Prayuth isn't bringing on elections ASAP, maybe these polls are potentially lacking just a little in accuracy?

If you want to know the truth, the poll actually came back at 120% approval for the Junta.

They adjusted it down to make it look a bit more believable.

No need to waste the taxpayers money on an election.

I like my poll results given to the second decimal, anything less and I question the professionalism of the pollsters.