Total lunar eclipse observable from Thailand on 4 April

Lite Beer

Am I too far south (Hatyai)? It was not total from my perspective, with a very definite corner (between 8 and 9 o'clock) never going dark. The sliver is getting bigger now, and was probably at it's smallest at 19:18.

I was watching from 18:55.

Edited by Seastallion

my balcony in Bang Na looks East so I was going to have a great view, no clouds perfect conditions , went out at 7:00 pm, damn, nothing there, I was so disappointed, must be the haze or light pollution... Then I started to see a slight crescent... How stupid am I? When the moon is fully eclipsed, you can't see it... duh! So I did see the moon eclipse! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Can anyone explain why the moon turned red at 5am this morning?

For the very same reason that the sun often turns red at dawn and dusk. It was sinking down through our 21st century polluted atmosphere!

Actually that's not strictly true. It was sinking down through the lens of our 21st century atmosphere. Thought I'd better get in quick before the barstool astronomers kicked off!

Edited by Moonlover

So excuse my ignorance but does this mean the earth is between the moon and the sun?

Best post of the year ...so far.

And by the way yes is the answer.

And if you are serious with your question? Can you help me out I have $10,000,000 in a bank account in Nigeria and I need etc.. etc... et ...

I received the same e-mail from Nigeria, Don't believe it its a scam.....don't send money or bank account.....your sure to get ripped off!

• Like 1

============================

Usually a red Sun at Sunrise means there is a cloud of dust or haze in the air and the rising Sun shines through that dust or haze which makes the sunlight dimmer and the Red color shows through more easily than other colors making the rising sun appear red.

3 hours and 31 minutes is 211 minutes not 209 minutes, this reporter need to learn to count but it is typical of the thai schooling system to be this good at maths or even english for that matter, a time would have been helpful but I guess that wasnt important enough for the story

Oh, so good......!!! well said..

Well thank you very f***ing much Thaivisa.com for giving your members so much notice of such a unique event.....................which, as you might have guessed I missed out on!!!!!!!...............................mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTcmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTcmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc !!!!

I was driving back from Bangkok tonight around the same time and I noticed it was a clear sky and darker than normal . I could see stars very clearly. When I arrived home the moon was still covered with a black dot.

Well thank you very f***ing much Thaivisa.com for giving your members so much notice of such a unique event.....................which, as you might have guessed I missed out on!!!!!!!...............................mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTcmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTcmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc !!!!

Been several threads on it, your not keeping up lol

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Er, they wouldn't happen to know what time this is happening, would they?

Think it will be at nightime, but not 100% sure, will check on Google and get back to you ;-)

Not all lunar eclipses happen at night.

moronic!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Penumbral Eclipse begins 4 Apr, 09:01 4 Apr, 16:01 No, below horizon
Partial Eclipse begins 4 Apr, 10:15 4 Apr, 17:15 No, below horizon
Full Eclipse begins 4 Apr, 11:57 4 Apr, 18:57 Yes
Maximum Eclipse 4 Apr, 12:00 4 Apr, 19:00 Yes
Full Eclipse ends 4 Apr, 12:02 4 Apr, 19:02 Yes
Partial Eclipse ends 4 Apr, 13:44 4 Apr, 20:44 Yes
Penumbral Eclipse ends 4 Apr, 14:59 4 Apr, 21:59 Yes

Times for Bangkok (no significant deviation for other places in Thailand).

Only 5 minutes of total eclipse.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2015-april-4

Thanks for the link.

This is the only productive comment on this entire thread. Getting bored with all the nonsense people post on this site.

5 am? I'm surprised it was still above the horizon at that time as it rises at around 6 pm at the moment.

Were you facing east or west?

We face west. At 5am that morning the moon was setting in the west (of course).

Anyway, it was far redder and nicer than the actual eclipse.

Er, they wouldn't happen to know what time this is happening, would they?

Think it will be at nightime, but not 100% sure, will check on Google and get back to you ;-)

Not all lunar eclipses happen at night.

moronic!

Actually, 1/2 of the World is in daytime for every eclipse.

They'll just have trouble seeing it.

A personal attack on another poster has been removed please see the following rule that you agreed to when you signed up to Thai Visa:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.