Prayut criticises TV channel for using women in mini skirts as selling point

Lite Beer

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

Probably to many other things to do rolleyes.gif

Isn't part of women's rights to be able to wear what ever they like. If Yingluk had of banned the mini skirt to would have been attacked by many women's groups. The mini skirt has been around for 60 years it's nothing new. Maybe prayuth can add the mini to the bikini guide lines, only to be worn by fat ugly chicks.

The tendency to use sexy females to help promote selling, business, profits is of course to be left to the private sector to be regulated. Maybe the PM should led himself be guided by the example of the United States.

70sh: http://www.retrospace.org/2010/01/mini-skirt-monday-31-minis-on-tv.html

10 years ago: http://www.parentstv.org/ptc/facts/mediafacts.asp

today: ???

One may be excused to wonder why a previous Prime Minister who was really into equal right for women and dignity for women, didn't notice this issue.

More probably, because it isn't an "issue".

Typically male speech.

I try to avoid the submissive men posting pro military here usually , but really switching this Generals narrow minded early 20th century views back on YS is just too audacious to let go without clarification.

YS is not a woman who might approve of woman being perceived as sexualised , but she isn't a prude either.

But more important she recognised it was not her role to censor people or programming on TV where matters minor like this exist.

It's really amusing a military man object to attractive woman in skirts.

Ok ...what would you think if he started intervening and went further .

Say he said he wanted to rid the Kingdom of homosexual foreign expats and tried to justify it by linking it to pedophiles .?

We all know its not .

But this is a general who links rape with bikinis and has shown himself to hold views that are not in keeping with modern times.

What I am saying is your blind faith is crossing over to a point of ridiculous pandering some might question.?

It is your right ( which I respect ) to hold strong political views but ""absolute " rule and censorship and strict controls on gatherings , freedoms , and threat , do not hold dear to the average person...( including Thais) and no amount of make believe can alter that.

YS is not hiding and living her life as a coward and submissive to a government non elected and run by military.....and if the show is canned it's just indicative of one less freedom of expression that all people should be concerned about

Just wondering how you got to "Yingluck not hiding" in this particular topic blink.png

Typically male speech.

You are correct, Prayut's criticism of how women dress and your support of it is definitely "typically male speech". Most of us understand that equal rights for women and dignity for women includes not telling women how they should dress themselves.

'my' defence of it?

You may have missed

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813033-prayut-criticises-tv-channel-for-using-women-in-mini-skirts-as-selling-point/#entry9245286

BTW I doubt that the pretties on television dress the way they do because they have any say in how they dress.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Typically male speech.

You are correct, Prayut's criticism of how women dress and your support of it is definitely "typically male speech". Most of us understand that equal rights for women and dignity for women includes not telling women how they should dress themselves.

'my' defence of it?

You may have missed

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813033-prayut-criticises-tv-channel-for-using-women-in-mini-skirts-as-selling-point/#entry9245286

BTW I doubt that the pretties on television dress the way they do because they have any say in how they dress.

I'm sure they have a say in whether they want the job.

Why the hell is the dear PM even concerned in the slightest about this. Is this top of the page for things to be done?

Prioritizing is not his strong suit.

Doesn't he have one or two slightly more pressing matters than what women wear on the telly? If not, he certainly should...

Is there anything he doesn't get involved in or have an opinion about ? I hear Leo Sayer singing ' I'm a one man band '.

Just wait and see what happens if Art 44 is adopted.

• Like 1

Probably no one really gives a sh....!

Getting rid of miniskirts everywhere in Thailand should be one of the most urgent reforms that Thailand needs. The General ...sorry, I mean the Prime Minister is absolutely right! Miniskirts will only deepen the divide in Thailand.

Didn't he say last time that the British girl in Koh Tao was raped because she was wearing a bikini? Or something like that.

No. he didn't say that. Some members of a Thailand forum did say that he did though.

• Like 1

So according to you a woman that wears a miniskirt has no dignity? No PM has the right to tell people what they must wear that is called individual choice which is part of individual freedom which is part of democracy.

This guy is losing it by the minute!!

Slowly (not really) moving the country backwards!!

12 core values

Moral council

and now, mini-skirts!!

Maybe PM Prayut should try to see things in the right perspective ?

attachicon.gif1425838888541847_a602x602.jpg

Maybe you should post things in the right perspective and try to find a similar photo posed by Thais in Thailand.

I am sure some kind of self censorship is needed. Difficult part is to decide where the borders are. Western standards cannot be applied. Well even Western standards differ from country to country. Nudity OK or not? Brutality OK or not?

I would believe this is for the Thai society to decide.

This should not be purely based on Majority opinions. If it disturbs many locals, which I doubt by the way mini skirts do, it should not been shown.

Some older Thais may have a hard time understanding that moral standards have changed.

I think the PM should have other priorities right now.

How about truly equal rights for women, in constitution and law?

• Like 1

Here we go ladies and gents, back to the 50's.

Some of you wanted this, be careful what you wish for.

I doubt if very many TV members have any experience of what Thailand was like in the 50's, myself included.

I would suggest that what people wished for last year was an end to the daily protests in Bangkok and to see the country return to normal.

I am sure some kind of self censorship is needed. Difficult part is to decide where the borders are. Western standards cannot be applied. Well even Western standards differ from country to country. Nudity OK or not? Brutality OK or not?

I would believe this is for the Thai society to decide.

This should not be purely based on Majority opinions. If it disturbs many locals, which I doubt by the way mini skirts do, it should not been shown.

Some older Thais may have a hard time understanding that moral standards have changed.

I think the PM should have other priorities right now.

How about truly equal rights for women, in constitution and law?

The real issue is does he even have the right to impose his will into this area?

And if so , on what bases?

Ok your side of the coin addresses sensibilities of older Thais ....but the show isn't for older Thais .

Nor is it mainstream TV it's a show late at night and fairly tame.

By our standards .

Tongue in cheek gags.

Really were this guy so interested in morality would not the 50 feet high billboards advertising everything from cars to brothels on freeways using images not be removed where woman being used in flimsy attire is concerned?

What about neon signs outside establishments ?

And the very core of this hypocrisy , what's inside them.

He could act on them .( he may well )

However , in reality this is just smoke and mirrors and designed for the older Thais to say "" isn't he righteous "

In short it's more spin.

Sits well with his hand book on good Thais "think and say as I do."

And don't say otherwise or you might get shot

post-219560-0-17651100-1427684475_thumb.

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 1

Oh OH, now there is a new sign of the conservative back ward movement under this ex general!

Where will Thailand end up? In a backward oriented Leader and also a Leader who lost the roosts while flyiing over the county with the fantasy of leading this country in a short time to a 1st world country but missing all the things that are a basic for this kind of movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be aware!!!!!!