Re-entry Permit

I'm travelling to KL, and then to HK, about a week later. The first leg I'm flying from Don Muang, and a week later from Swampy. Are the re-entry permits easily obtained at Don Muang (I will get a double entry)? Or are they a pain in the arse to deal with?

I'm on an ED Visa.

Thanks in advance.

re-entry permits are available at all international airports.There is no double entry, only single bt 1,000 or multiple Bt 3,800. Add Bt 200 processing fee at BKK, not sure about others.

Multi entry 3,800 baht and will be valid until the expiry date of your current ED Visa

No. The re-entry permit will be given a validity until the end of his current permission to stay.

• Like 1

Maestro, on 30 Mar 2015 - 00:38, said:
Faz, on 29 Mar 2015 - 23:35, said:

Multi entry 3,800 baht and will be valid until the expiry date of your current ED Visa

No. The re-entry permit will be given a validity until the end of his current permission to stay.

And wouldn't his permission to stay be until the 'Valid until' date on his ED Visa?

No. Entering Thailand with his re-entry permit, he will be given permission to stay until the end of his previous permission to stay.

The expiration date of the visa is immaterial. Incidentally, a visa does not have a "valid until" date but an "enter before date" or a "must be utilized before date" but this is bedside the point in this topic.

Maestro, on 30 Mar 2015 - 02:16, said:

No. Entering Thailand with his re-entry permit, he will be given permission to stay until the end of his extension of stay.

The OP clearly stated he was on an ED Visa.......not an extension.

Therefore his current permission to stay will end when the valid until date is reached on his Visa.

Am I missing something?

Before seeing your latest post I corrected my post to change "..end of his extension of stay" to "...end of his previous permission to stay".

You are correct in saying that the OP said that he has an ED visa and never said that he has an extension of stay.

Please read the information on the web page http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html for a better understanding between visa validity period and the permission to stay validity period. If after reading that you still have a question about it, please feel free to post it here. It is sometimes of crucial importance to understand the difference between the two.

Thanks for the link Maestro. Yes I understand the difference.

However in the OP case he has an ED Visa which for arguments sake had an expiry date of 31/4/15.

After re-entering Thailand from his second trip wouldn't his permission to stay still be until that expiry date.

He would have to apply for another ED Visa (another application) and the re-entry permit wouldn't cover that Visa.

Isn't the end of his permission to stay and his valid until Visa date the same in this case.

Correct me where I'm wrong. We all live and learn.

There is one important element missing in your post. Tell me what, in your example, the date shown after "UNTIL", ie the expration of his permission to stay, is in the arrival stamp and I can tell you that this date will be the date after "UNTIL", ie the expiration of his permission to stay, in the arrival stamp he gets when he enters with a valid re-entry permit.

Eaxmple:

1. I sent off my application for a single-entry non-ED visa on 27 MAR 2015.
  2. The Thai consulate issues the visa on 31 MAR 2015 with "ENTER BEFORE 30 JUN 2015"
  3. I receive my passport with the visa back in the mail on 02 APR 2015.
  4. I fly from Milan to Bangkok on 08 APR 2015 and arrive on 09 APR 2015.
  5. I get an arrival stamp "ADMITTED 09 APR 2015, UNTIL 07 JUL 2015"
  6. On 12 JUN 2015, I get a re-entry stamp at BKK airport "Valid Until 07 JUL 2015" and fly to Singapore on the same date.
  7. On 15 JUN 2015, I fly back to BKK (missed two days of classes) and get an arrival stamp "ADMITTED 15 JUN 2015, UNTIL 07 JUL 2015"

Do you see the difference between the visa expiration date of 30 JUN 2015 and the re-entry permission to stay expiration date of 07 JUL 2015, both highlighted above in bold red?

• Like 1

I suspect you have an extension of stay you applied for at immigration. No ED visa would give you that long of a stay.

You can get re-entry permit that will be valid until you current permit to stay ends which I assume is August 11th.

As said you can get a single for 1000 baht or a multiple for 3800 baht.

You can get one at either airport in Bangkok 24 hours a day.

Maestro, on 30 Mar 2015 - 04:07, said:

There is one important element missing in your post. Tell me what, in your example, the date shown after "UNTIL", ie the expration of his permission to stay, is in the arrival stamp and I can tell you that this date will be the date after "UNTIL", ie the expiration of his permission to stay, in the arrival stamp he gets when he enters with a valid re-entry permit.

Eaxmple:

1. I sent off my application for a single-entry non-ED visa on 27 MAR 2015.
  2. The Thai consulate issues the visa on 31 MAR 2015 with "ENTER BEFORE 30 JUN 2015"
  3. I receive my passport with the visa back in the mail on 02 APR 2015.
  4. I fly from Milan to Bangkok on 08 APR 2015 and arrive on 09 APR 2015.
  5. I get an arrival stamp "ADMITTED 09 APR 2015, UNTIL 07 JUL 2015"
  6. On 12 JUN 2015, I get a re-entry stamp at BKK airport "Valid Until 07 JUL 2015" and fly to Singapore on the same date.
  7. On 15 JUN 2015, I fly back to BKK (missed two days of classes) and get an arrival stamp "ADMITTED 15 JUN 2015, UNTIL 07 JUL 2015"

Do you see the difference between the visa expiration date of 30 JUN 2015 and the re-entry permission to stay expiration date of 07 JUL 2015, both highlighted above in bold red?

Maestro,

Thanks for taking the time to explain the difference in detail between the Visa expiry date and the permission to stay date through your example.

I knew what I meant but chose the incorrect wording. I appreciate your correction and won't make that mistake again.

You had about as much sleep as I did last night. wai2.gif

• Like 1

No. Entering Thailand with his re-entry permit, he will be given permission to stay until the end of his previous permission to stay.

The expiration date of the visa is immaterial. Incidentally, a visa does not have a "valid until" date but an "enter before date" or a "must be utilized before date" but this is bedside the point in this topic)

An "enter before date" is NOT a "must be utilized before date", but you can even enter on that exact "enter before date". I'm talking from experience ;)

You did not get a visa at Jomtien. You got a one year extension of the 90 day permit to stay your now expired ED visa allowed.

No, I got my visa from Jomtien. I have never previously had an ED visa. It is a one page stamp issued from Chonburi immigration office. It wasn't issued from an embassy or a consultant outside of Thailand. You may not believe it as you probably haven't heard of it before. But there were, and probably still are, some people on the same visa. But with the all the changes now in place, I will have to leave and get a visa, in August.

You did not get a visa at Jomtien. You got a one year extension of the 90 day permit to stay your now expired ED visa allowed.

No, I got my visa from Jomtien. I have never previously had an ED visa. It is a one page stamp issued from Chonburi immigration office. It wasn't issued from an embassy or a consultant outside of Thailand. You may not believe it as you probably haven't heard of it before. But there were, and probably still are, some people on the same visa. But with the all the changes now in place, I will have to leave and get a visa, in August.

I think if you look at one of your stamps it looks something like this one.

post-66997-0-75922100-1427685885_thumb.j

Immigration does not issue one year visas. You might of gotten a non immigrant visa from them that gave a 90 day entry that was then extended for one year.

Before seeing your latest post I corrected my post to change "..end of his extension of stay" to "...end of his previous permission to stay".

You are correct in saying that the OP said that he has an ED visa and never said that he has an extension of stay.

Please read the information on the web page http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html for a better understanding between visa validity period and the permission to stay validity period. If after reading that you still have a question about it, please feel free to post it here. It is sometimes of crucial importance to understand the difference between the two.

sorry to hijack but no need for its own thread.

what about retirement visa, is that for the full year or only for the 90 days it was given in?

thanks

sorry to hijack but no need for its own thread.

what about retirement visa, is that for the full year or only for the 90 days it was given in?

thanks

There is no retirement visa.

You can get single entry non-o visa that gives a 90 entry based upon being 50 or over. You can also apply for conversion at immigration to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. Then you apply for a one year extension of that 90 day permit to stay at immigration based upon retirement.

You can also get a non-oa visa at an embassy or consulate in your home country that gives a one year entry multiple times for one year.

attachicon.gifextension stamp2.jpg

Immigration does not issue one year visas. You might of gotten a non immigrant visa from them that gave a 90 day entry that was then extended for one year.

But if the one-page stamp issued to you by Chonburi Immigration looks anything like my attachment, many congratulations, you have somehow succeeded in achieving the utterly impossible since such visa stamps are normally only issued by Thai embassies and consulates in foreign parts!

post-63387-0-09946800-1427691007_thumb.j

attachicon.gifextension stamp2.jpg

But if the one-page stamp issued to you by Chonburi Immigration looks anything like my attachment, many congratulations, you have somehow succeeded in achieving the utterly impossible since such visa stamps are normally only issued by Thai embassies and consulates in foreign parts!

Like this?

post-28411-0-85442200-1427703425_thumb.j

Does it show fee Bt 80? Was it that little at the time ?

Does it show fee Bt 80? Was it that little at the time ?

It looks like Swiss francs to me. SFs 80.

Hello!

I left Thailand about a month ago and came back here on a re-entry permit with a single entry last weekend.

The stamps of the re-entry permit and of the entry into Thailand have taken up almost one page in my passport

and there's little space left in it, only for one more entry/departure stamp. The Malaysian entry/departure stamp

is just too big for it.

So if you should apply for 2 re-entry permits with a single entry, you'll lose almost 2 pages. Hope you still have

lots of pages left in your passport.

I heard that a re-entry permit with a single entry costs you 1,500B at BKK airports now. You should double-check

this.

Good luck

Edited by Too