Suvarnabhumi check-point employee fired for stealing passenger's money

webfact

Suvarnabhumi check-point employee fired for stealing passenger's money
By Coconuts Bangkok

checkpoint_thief.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An Suvarnabhumi Airport security screener was fired today for attempting to steal money from a passenger's wallet.

Rermruek Tongjattu, 25, who worked at an airport security checkpoint, confessed he attempted to steal SGD50 from a passenger's wallet after the traveler placed it in the basket to go through the scanner at the checkpoint last month on Feb. 1. Rermruek's attempt was thwarted by the passenger's mother who just happened to witness the whole incident.

The mother, Jaemsuda Thompson, said she filed a police report at the airport, however it went ignored until she shared her experience online Sunday, which spread quickly.

"I saw the employee take two Singapore dollar bills that I gave to my son from his wallet. The guy was quick ... like he's professional thief!" Jaemsuda wrote.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/31/suvarnabhumi-check-point-employee-fired-stealing-passengers-money

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-31

• Like 2

He just got fired. It's time that the prosecution is getting control in Thailand. If someone in Germany at the airport is stealing even 1 Euro from a passenger at the x'ray machines he will not only be fired but he will at least have an appointment in court.

The same in all civilised coutries

• Like 1

The guy was a nobhead. It's a creamy sort of job for any uneducated Thai and he blows it out of the water by being stupid. I guess he will be on the back of a delivery truck humping other peoples stuff from now in.

• Like 2

ITs not hard to plan ahead.........Put everything you don't need in a plastic bag...inside your carry on, just leave passport and boarding card out... before getting to the scanner. Why would you drop your valuables into a little 'blue box' leave exposed....................and walk away.

I also find it amazed how so many individual react like they have just stumbled on the 'lost covenant' when they find themselves at the scanner conveyer belt..... And start patting and squishing there pockets and empting mountains of crap into the blue boxes.

I tend to agree with you but don't forget there are passengers who maybe don't fly as frequent as others.

• Like 1

Who needs democracy, or the rule-of-law & article-44, when the social-media can prompt such swift action instead ? rolleyes.gif

Good for the elderly-lady ! Bad publicity for the AAT !

Now to see this ex-employee in court ! wink.png

ITs not hard to plan ahead.........Put everything you don't need in a plastic bag...inside your carry on, just leave passport and boarding card out... before getting to the scanner. Why would you drop your valuables into a little 'blue box' leave exposed....................and walk away.

I also find it amazed how so many individual react like they have just stumbled on the 'lost covenant' when they find themselves at the scanner conveyer belt..... And start patting and squishing there pockets and empting mountains of crap into the blue boxes.

Exactly.

I put everything (belt, phone, wallet & watch included) inside a locked computer bag/carry-on except my boarding card, passport & a plastic pen, then those go on the inside pocket of a sports coat.

I wear slip-on loafers w/ no shoes laces as well.

What kills me are the little old ladies that will stand still on (and block) the moving conveyor walkways yet run you over at the gate when they hear the aircraft is boarding.

• Like 2

I put everything, wallet, keys, phones, coins etc, in the side pocket of my carry on bag and close it.

And I do that before I reach the conveyor belt.

Me too, except folding money stays in my pocket.

• Like 1

I bought a small fanny pack I put everything in it zip it up good and when i go through screening simple drop it in the tray. It has 6 pockets some with keys some with passport some with wallet etc.. If customs want to open it and check I watch.

He just got fired. It's time that the prosecution is getting control in Thailand. If someone in Germany at the airport is stealing even 1 Euro from a passenger at the x'ray machines he will not only be fired but he will at least have an appointment in court.

"Rermruek handed himself in to Suvarnabhumi police today and will face charges..."

It's time that some posters here got control of their reading ability.

• Like 1

The same in all civilised coutries

As it is in Thailand as you'd see if you bothered to read the full report instead of having a lame attempt at Thai bashing.

• Like 1