Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother nature seem to have some issues with me. I was at Saphan Hin, when the heavy rain started. When I got back home, I asked one villager, did we have a good rain at Ao Por. He said, nope, just a bit of rain.

I did not manage to collect any rain water and now my tanks are empty (Orbotor did not deliver water).

The rain only lasted 20 minutes, hardly enough time to wet the roofs. Forget collecting rain water. For that we need hours of rain. My water truck delivered at 08.30, not free, I pay.

Mother nature seem to have some issues with me. I was at Saphan Hin, when the heavy rain started. When I got back home, I asked one villager, did we have a good rain at Ao Por. He said, nope, just a bit of rain.

I did not manage to collect any rain water and now my tanks are empty (Orbotor did not deliver water).

The rain only lasted 20 minutes, hardly enough time to wet the roofs. Forget collecting rain water. For that we need hours of rain. My water truck delivered at 08.30, not free, I pay.

The rain in Saphan Hin, would have been few hundreds of litres. Enough for couple of days.

At This point I would be happy to pay, even quite a lot of overprice. But there are no source available, unless the Paklok municipality can get a truck up here. I'll have to go there to ask tomorrow again.

Sapan Hin looked like this, just before the rain started.

16946330508_c278a7b79a_c.jpg

Saphan Hin, Phuket

17108097026_3409cca5ba_c.jpg

Incoming rain at Saphan Hin

Also in rawai it was a real good shower, enough to wet roofs, roads and top up my tank.

I seem to have copped the worst of it again.

Heavy rain, very strong winds that came from every direction. One minute from the East then just as strong from the West, then North.

I'm close to the hill, I think the storms bounce around in our valley a bit before moving on.

We, and others, had to clear the road of fallen branches, one of which brought down the wires. Spent most of the evening without power as the electricity dept trucks charged back and forwards trying to work out how to fix it.

Pool gained another couple of inches and several thousand leaves.

The rain in Saphan Hin, would have been few hundreds of litres. Enough for couple of days.

At This point I would be happy to pay, even quite a lot of overprice. But there are no source available, unless the Paklok municipality can get a truck up here. I'll have to go there to ask tomorrow again.

Sapan Hin looked like this, just before the rain started.

16946330508_c278a7b79a_c.jpg

Saphan Hin, Phuket

17108097026_3409cca5ba_c.jpg

Incoming rain at Saphan Hin

Great pics thumbsup.gif

Just saw a picture taken at Tesco Rawai of a tree that fell across a car badly damaging it.

A Burmese apparently got a broken leg.

There are pictures of this incident on PW this morning.

I've now heard the 20yo girl hit by the tree at Tesco has died.

Apparently she didn't want to wait with others in the store for the storm to pass and went alone to the car park.

RIP

Just saw a picture taken at Tesco Rawai of a tree that fell across a car badly damaging it.

A Burmese apparently got a broken leg.

There are pictures of this incident on PW this morning.
I've now heard the 20yo girl hit by the tree at Tesco has died.

Apparently she didn't want to wait with others in the store for the storm to pass and went alone to the car park.

RIP

News story in Phuket News section ----> http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817263-four-injured-by-falling-trees-during-songkran-rain-one-woman-in-coma/

TMD loop showing something fairly large off the coast.

A good 15 minute soaking over in Patong.

Note on the TMD loop that the rain is coming almost from the south, so looks like the wind is swinging round to the west bang on schedule for the rainy season.

Gathering dark clouds over the west coast, moving into the land. 100% chance of rain on windguru over next few days.

Well ... that turned out to be about 10 big drops of rain on my car windscreen. So .. a big fat nothing.

I got a few more than that at about 11 am in Kata. Maybe 30 or 40.

post-35489-0-00974400-1429617758_thumb.j