Quality floor fan available in Thailand or no?

Cheesekraft

Expensive does not mean it's good. Luxury looking can be rubbish also but you pay for the look, that's 3rd world style. Just use your own knowledge to find a proper one, for 15-18.000b you can get a Japanese brand made in Thailand with breeze function and remote control at most department stores. Had several of them.

• Like 1

Perhaps nothing made of

kraft-cheeese.jpg

But I have found the brand you seem to dislike to operate very well over the years we have used them. There are also more expensive Japanese models available. Over the 40 years we have used them here in Thailand have never had any issues with any brand. They all seem to work very well indeed.

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=standing+fans

For information I have a floorstanding fan that seemed to be struggling after 6 months.

It needed encouragement to get it going on speed 1.

I used to shake it a little. Speed 3 was only achievable after running at speed 2.

This cant be right!

Took off the fan cover and then blades and realised the 4 screws holding the motor cover had loosened during the vibration.

Thr loose cover was pushing against the fan blades creating a big resistance against speed 1.

4 screws tightened as good a new.

Dont dismiss your 750 bt fan as cheap rubbish until you spend 5minutes taking the 4 conponents off that you fitted when you bought it.

• Like 2

Have a tory fan floor set and was 200 or so baht dearer than norm,has been running daily for 8 years and i not saying for 1 or 2 hours but like 8 am to 10 pm or even earlier depending if i have peepee run which often happens,anyway big motor and working same as when bought.

Like everything else,if you maintain them they will last longer,regularly dismantle ,clean

and put some drops of oil so it drips down onto the bearings at the front and rear of the

rotor,some fans have a felt washer that can store the oil.

I don't not like Hatari or Imarflex fans,I had a Hatari floor fan,for about 6 months,one

day the top snapped off,not working at the time,much better in my opinion are either

Mitsubishi or National Panasonic,have several that have been working for 20 odd years,

maintenance is the key,these are wall fans,but the same make floor fans will be just as good.

regards worgeordie

We buy only Japanese or Korean brands of fans. Yes, they may be made Thailand or China, but we figure they are made to Japanese or Korean standards. At least that's our experience after the first few Thai-brand fans failed during our first year here.

Each week when we clean house, Hubby disassembles the fans and cleans the blades and motor housings. Somehow I don't think that's up there with one of my tasks like cleaning the toilets, but oh well, it's something that should be done often. With this care, we have to replace the fans every 4 or 5 years and the toilets every 12 - 15 years.

I've had good results with Hatari brand fans. Had a big one that ran almost non-stop for six years !

Same here. We have 4 Hatari fans used daily and between 5 and 10 years old. Paid between 600 and 900 Baht each. Pretty good ROI.

• Like 2

Hatari fans have 6, 4 of them are 'Power Wind' 1x 18" at least 6 years old, 2 x 20" and a 22" [cost 1,800 - 2,400 baht each] have 2 other 18" both 11 years old, a very cheap Troy 16" same age, and a Panasonic also same age

Every 2 months I oil the bearings. clean the hair and dust out of them, one old Hatari the fancy one with loads of settings + the Troy and Panasonic have had new motors, the Panasonic is one its 2nd motor. both wall fans the heads snapped off, so now only have floor fans.

I also dislike Hatari. I have two and there is a strange occurrence where I feel I am sitting directly in front of them, at perhaps a few meters, and I can feel the wind current only marginally and sporadically. this is especially true of the 18 or 20 inch. Does anyone else have this experience? It seems the range of wind current is extremely limited. I'm going to try a different brand.

I also dislike Hatari. I have two and there is a strange occurrence where I feel I am sitting directly in front of them, at perhaps a few meters, and I can feel the wind current only marginally and sporadically. this is especially true of the 18 or 20 inch. Does anyone else have this experience? It seems the range of wind current is extremely limited. I'm going to try a different brand.

sitting directly in front of them ??

the bigger the fan the less wind you will get directly in front of them.. just get a piece of paper and hold directly in front of fan = no movement, you need to sit with fan pointing slightly away from you, or press the knob down and have it swing back and forth

Have had many Hatari's, most with remote control, nearly all the ones with remote have given me trouble with the speed getting slower and slower. New electronic board and they are back like new again. Never had any problems with the motors themselves. I will not buy this brand again.

Hatari and Mitsu fans are excellent. Have had both for over 14 years now running almost continuously, without problems. A few squirts of Singer Sewing machine oil on the rotor axle every few months (tilt it back on newspapers on the floor to allow the oil to seep into the bearings), and dusting of the motor mount without its casing, is all the long-term maintenance that's required, with washing of the dismounted fan blades as needed. Those complaining of little air movement should ensure they buy an 18" vs a 16' blade version.

Last year I bought a tower fan as they look so much better. I got a little squat one similar to the one in the picture free with it, and to be honest I haven't had it off since. The round bit in the middle swivels backwards and forwards and there's a button to move the air around instead of direct. It really is the best fan I've ever had.

The tower one looks great but is useless.

post-71952-0-14252400-1428410074_thumb.j

Bought a Hatari floor-stander, 18", back in 2008 for under 1000B. It was the only fan I had until about 2012, so it did four years on the entire time I was home, so lets say a minimum of 2 years running time. Now it shares with three other fans and has been relegated to the outside fan, exposed to the elements. Once had to glue some bits together, 5 minute job, other than that no issues and its still going like new.

In 2012, moved into a bigger place with my wife, now we have five fans, four Hatari and one Tefal which I bought as it was at half price. Noisy little bugger the Tefal, confirming to me that Hatari is the way to go. Agree with the comment above about the remote control versions, bought one wall unit with remote, that's OK, but the fancy floor stander I bought is a bit temperamental. Need a clunky button.

We take all 4 of our floor fans over to Amorn once a year and have them cleaned, oiled and serviced for 150-200 Baht each. Ocassionally additional parts are required. All are still working perfectly after 8 years now. They are all Japanese or Korean brands.