PM says there is no point to sack the Thai police chief

webfact

PM says there is no point to sack the police chief

7-4-2558-16-33-26-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha today brushed aside a media speculation that he would sack the national police chief, Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuang.

“Where was the source of the information? Who ordered the sacking?” An apparently disturbed prime minister hit back at the reporter who asked him about the speculation.

He said that he was the only the person who could sack the police chief and he didn’t issue any dismissal order. He quickly added that the police chief had been very cooperative and working just fine so there was no point to sack him.

The prime minister then turned his gun on wellknown astrologer Warin Buaviratlert who earlier predicted that the prime minister might have to stay longer in the office beyond the timeline set in the roadmap.

He insisted he would stick to the roadmap and had no intention whatsoever to stay longer. He said there was no need for him to follow every forecast of an astrologer because he has his own brains.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-there-is-no-point-to-sack-the-police-chief

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-07

• Like 2

Tell them Prime Minister, I never doubted your brains.

Your mouth is what I doubt sometimes.........but nobody is perfect in this world.

Brains? HE HAS more than one?

He should keep winking... if he has 2 eyes also.

I believe there is another one eyed- gongle that could sack the chief of police also. Unfortunately, they are all as intelligent in being the same as the difference between a one-legged duck.

"He said there was no need for him to follow every forecast of an astrologer because he has his own brains."

It appears they are on a shelf in a jar of formaldehyde somewhere......

I thought those jars had the hearts of some members of the press ?

• Like 2

Of course he wouldn't sack him. The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

If people can't see how one sided this clean up is and that the dear leaders excuse of fixing corruption is a total croc of <deleted>!

The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

Bravo Sir!! Best analysis of the Thai political nonsense in a long time!!

The so called fight against corruption is nothing but a purge. Moving money from one pocket to another!!

• Like 2

>>He quickly added that the police chief had been very cooperative and working just fine<< Quote

If I had billions in undeclared assets I would also be very cooperative..................coffee1.gif

I don't have any idea about his undeclared assets, but he has 100s of millions of declared assets. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Only four replies so maybe too early to ask, but till now I have not seen any reasoning why the National Police Chief should be sacked.

Aren't you one of the members who advocates those in charge should be held accountable for their actions, whether or not they were aware of what was happening? (Rhetorical question, btw.)

So why shouldn't this guy be held accountable for the rampant corruption that has happened/is happening under his watch?

What " rampant corruption that has happened/is happening under his watch? "

• Like 1

If the PM said he will not be sacking he police chief this is PM speak for I will be sacking him very soon.

You man of little faith. The word of Mr P is the word of an honorable man!!

No coup

I am not going to be PM

• Like 2