Phuket beach raids net 155 'illegal' items

webfact

Good to see that the Royal Thai Army has seized 'illegal' four plastic and three wooden sunbeds, 71 cushions and 26 plastic chairs on a public beach.

Thailand can not allow someone to lay on the beach on a plastic chair.

Tourists shall enjoy the full sunshine of Thailand if they want to go on the beach.

Keep the good work up RTA.

Tourist figures are plummeting already.

The Royal Thai Army has seized 'illegal' four plastic and three wooden sunbeds, 71 cushions and 26 plastic chairs on a public beach.

.... and they would have confiscated four thousand plastic and three thousand wooden sunbeds if these were illegally placed on a non-designated area of the beach....

And all the tourists proclaimed.

We are all soooooooo happy.......we definitely coming back to Thailand.

One more cushion for you officer......................

Its wonderful to see our beaches being cleaned up. I am sure tourists prefer it that way. In most countries tourists have to bring thier own mats and umbrellas

Why dont people read the article before they comment? It was NOT from tourist it was from a beach resort.

"all items belong to Banyan Tree Resort"

Try reading other news sources as well in order to get the full picture. wink.png

Seriously ... you could offer me a truck load of cash, free 1st class air tickets and free accommodation at a 5 Star luxury resort and you still would get me to visit this cesspit.

Cesspit, wow. Seriously...we're going to hold you to that. Good, that's a relief. Everyone, he's not coming. Guy apparently has an agenda. Many people seem to be enjoying the beach without the wall to wall sunchairs, but if you're having a problem with that...best find somewhere else.

The beaches haven't looked this beautiful in a generation and it just gets better and better.

"There, they seized four plastic and three wooden sunbeds, 71 cushions and 26 plastic chairs."

The article does not make it clear if any cushions resisted arrest.......

George, please make sure to publish a picture with the RTA pointing with their fingers to the illegal plastic and wooden sunbeds, cushions and plastic chairs.

That would help to make a distinction between the LEGAL and the ILLEGAL items.

ROTFLMAO

"There, they seized four plastic and three wooden sunbeds, 71 cushions and 26 plastic chairs."

The article does not make it clear if any cushions resisted arrest.......

No, the cushions 'assisted a rest'............!!

• Like 1

Why dont people read the article before they comment? It was NOT from tourist it was from a beach resort.

most off the pepole on TV like bashing thailand, but they steel come here for holiday/live here...

some pepole are ony negative, they only seewhat they want to see.. amazing expats in this country....

most off the pepole on TV like bashing thailand, but they steel come here for holiday/live here...

some pepole are ony negative, they only seewhat they want to see.. amazing expats in this country....

what isnt amazing is the fact there plenty of illiterate comments, and I just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading one such.

I'm quite surprised at this actually,

This is the famous (and previously untouchable) Banyan Tree resort, part of the Laguna complex!

I seriously thought the army was only pulling down restaurants and illegal booths from small "Mom and Pop" type places.

This is the first time I've noticed them hitting the big boys.

Of course a few chairs and umbrellas is not going to hurt Banyan Tree too much.
After all, this is the place that charged me 470 baht for khao pat (fried rice) a few years ago.

So, it kind of makes me feel good.

This is just outrage..

Just can not believe in such stupidity.

Must out of mind this or those individuals who put such stupid idea in life ...clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Who wants now to go to the beach without shade ....maybe for 10 min..???

Just can't believe it....

coffee1.gif

This is just outrage..

Just can not believe in such stupidity.

Must out of mind this or those individuals who put such stupid idea in life ...clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Who wants now to go to the beach without shade ....maybe for 10 min..???

Just can't believe it....

coffee1.gif

"Who wants now to go to the beach without shade" - the problem is / was the Thai's turned that "shade" into a lucrative scam.

They can't be trusted to manage anything here, within the law.