So is Thai Visa FORCING us to click thru to ads now ?

DiamondKing

Being forced to look at thai visa ads it does not allow me to click on a topic at first it opens a new window and loads an ad now initially I thought it was a virus on my computer so I cleaned it but its still happeneing and ONLY ON THAI VISA.

Does not happen on any other site but I have to click 2 times on TV to actually get to where I want to go and then close the ad window

Anyone else experiencing this ? its pretty annoying and only on TV website

Being forced to look at thai visa ads it does not allow me to click on a topic at first it opens a new window and loads an ad now initially I thought it was a virus on my computer so I cleaned it but its still happeneing and ONLY ON THAI VISA.

One of the disadvantages of using Windows.

Moving to forum support.

Thaivisa has always had a policy of no click-through, pop-up or pop-under ads, I'm not aware of this policy changing.

Next time it happens please post a screenshot of the offending ad along with relevant OS, browser etc information.

Every one agree just only pair 100 Bhat each month for use of the board!

Then we not need any sponsors, would this not be a great deal for all?

Everyone that writes at least 300 topics a month , must not pay any fees and got payed by others!

Everyone that writes at least 300 topics a month , must not pay any fees and got payed by others!

So, you want MORE non-sense by some of those with 20,000 + posts, to be PAID for their drivel? I think it should be the more you post, the more you pay. And maybe charge by the word!

Edited by fritzzz25
  • Like 1

Pay mine this month and I'll fix you up next month Sandy.

On my iPhone an ad always pops up for a game app before I can access "Timeline" on TV.

Yes same for me on android. So annoying

Same for me, pop-up ads appearing every time I visit the site on Android.

Thaivisa has always had a policy of no click-through, pop-up or pop-under ads, I'm not aware of this policy changing.

@Crossy - looks like it's changed without you being made aware, in regards to pop-ups at least.

Ads are always annoying, but clicking the odd one (whether accidentally or intentionally) costs you nothing and is in my opinion, a very small price to pay for the quality of advice available here.

Ads are always annoying, but clicking the odd one (whether accidentally or intentionally) costs you nothing and is in my opinion, a very small price to pay for the quality of advice available here.

Doesnt make it any less annoying when you are told there are no pop ups and there are.

Quality of advice? Think you may be on the wrong forum.

Perhaps ask admin. They say this about the drop down banner for thaivisa flights and hotels.

"It's simple, just click on the below option and it will go away.

post-566-0-25072100-1428128991_thumb.jpg"

So Thai Visa Admin are saying to click it in order for it to go away.

• Like 1

Moving to forum support.

Next time it happens please post a screenshot of the offending ad along with relevant OS, browser etc information.

there is a 20 second popup on the android mobile version (not the app)

Moving to forum support.

Thank goodness I have the app....that would drive me nuts!

Perhaps ask admin. They say this about the drop down banner for thaivisa flights and hotels.

That banner (it's not a pop-up, drop-down, click-through, pop-under) should not be appearing now, when did you make that screenshot?

Moving to forum support.

Yup, I see that too although it's not a pop-up.

Pop up on iPhone 5 updated with latest iOS. Happens every time using the TV app. Sometimes they have countdown functions which are even worse.

I'm not an iPhone user but there's a paid (nominal) ad-free version of the Android app, hopefully coming to an iPhone near you soon.

• Like 1

That banner (it's not a pop-up, drop-down, click-through, pop-under) should not be appearing now, when did you make that screenshot?

I kept getting that one last week. Could close on Laptop at home but on phone had to go to ad to stop it constantly appearing over the top of every screen I went to.

Pop up on iPhone 5 updated with latest iOS. Happens every time using the TV app. Sometimes they have countdown functions which are even worse.

I'm not an iPhone user but there's a paid (nominal) ad-free version of the Android app, hopefully coming to an iPhone near you soon.

Bring it on.

Pop-ups were appearing on the mobile version of the site which were stuck there for 20 seconds and were very difficult to close. Probably one of the most intrusive, annoying advertising methods I've seen on the net, perhaps second only to the full screen pop-ups that used to appear on the Android app whenever you opened it (not sure if they're still there - I uninstalled the app when those ads started being served).

However the good news is that these 20 second pop-ups seem to have been removed, which was a good move in my opinion. Hopefully they won't return, I think if they do I will likely stop browsing Thaivisa online.