New Fortuner 2015

mr_lob

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do yourself a favour, get the new Ford Everest, far superior to all similar priced models and that includes a new Fortuner.

Such crap - the Ford is a piece of trash compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA crap with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a stupid Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

I had my heart set on a Ford Ranger. Until I read all of the Ford Thailand horror stories on here - won't touch a Ford in Thailand now.

That picture at top looks a lot like the Ford Territory they used to manufacture in Oz btw. It's not obviously, but it looks similar.

I have a 3L Diesel Fortuner 5 years old, very happy with it (used to have the 2.7L Petrol Fortuner which I was very happy with but current version way better). Been thinking of getting a Ford Ranger when we sell the wife's car. I'm therefore very interested in your comment about horror stories on here (2 guys I know who have the latest Ranger rate it highly). Is there a Ford Ranger thread you could point me in the direction of? Thanks.

I tested to buy the Fortuner 5 years ago... handled like a pickup and very terrible (IMO) all around... I would never buy this POS SUV body added to a pickup chassis.

I bought an Isuzu DMAX instead and extremely happy with it!

Next purchase will be a Ford Everest or Isuzu MUX... haven't tried either yet, but pretty excited about doing so.

This 'new' Fortuner looks same same but not so different to me... caveat emptor

I owned one once

We lived in a remote part of Issan

about 40 km to the nearest Tesco

cost me 500 baht each time,

I don't know what the roads are like that you travelled. But I do a 500km run quite often in my Tuna, start with full tank of diesel and fill once arrived cost is always around 1,300bt to top it. Tip change out of first gear.

October/November sounds somewhat plausible.

Recently my stepson wanted to buy a Toyota pickup.

I was aware that a new model is coming and urged to ask.

The sales clerk said "about November".

So quite likely that pickup and Fortuner will come out same time.

In the internet you find some "Fortuner 2016" sources.

Like this video with pictures from camouflage test drives e.g.

Why a Fortuner? I've heard that the new Ford Everest is better equipped with a more modern suspension and about the same price - costs the same as the basic Fortuner but has all the bells and whistles

The Ford haters should do some research before ranting. The old Everest/Ranger were both <deleted> while the new Ranger was/is very popular and superior to other pick-ups, the new Everest will blow away the new Fortuner as well as the Trailblazer & MuX. A 3.2 engine, 6speed auto box, loads of technology including class-leading safety and plenty of off-road ability. A no-brainer if ever there was one. Loads of videos on youtube, see for yourself.

How do you know the new Everest will be that much better than the New Fortuner.

Please put up the specs of the new Fortuner.

The Ford haters should do some research before ranting. The old Everest/Ranger were both <deleted> while the new Ranger was/is very popular and superior to other pick-ups, the new Everest will blow away the new Fortuner as well as the Trailblazer & MuX. A 3.2 engine, 6speed auto box, loads of technology including class-leading safety and plenty of off-road ability. A no-brainer if ever there was one. Loads of videos on youtube, see for yourself.

How do you know the new Everest will be that much better than the New Fortuner.

Please put up the specs of the new Fortuner.

Uh huh, even industry insiders don't have that kind of detail. However, given previous form it's reasonable to assume that Toyota will reserve a few things from the parts bin for future minor changes and limited edition models. Ford have at least not held anything back with the Titanium+

Do yourself a favour, get the new Ford Everest, far superior to all similar priced models and that includes a new Fortuner.

Such - the Ford is a piece of trash compared to the fortuner. The engine is loud, there's a second or so inverval until the gear kicks in, underpowered and too heavy. I had a new Everest and hated it! Before that I had a Fortuner and now I, again!!! have a new Fortuner and am in heaven! Ford is USA with a very bad resale value. A Fortuner always sells much higher when sold 2nd hand.

Advising someone to buy a Everest instead of a Fortuner is like telling someone that visiting Kosovo outperforms a two weeks Maledives vacation!

I had my heart set on a Ford Ranger. Until I read all of the Ford Thailand horror stories on here - won't touch a Ford in Thailand now.

That picture at top looks a lot like the Ford Territory they used to manufacture in Oz btw. It's not obviously, but it looks similar.

Oh dear.

The Ford bashers are back.

One even had a new Everest, he hated it.

A new Everest?

Where did he get one, so long ago, to be able to find out he did not like it.

Whatever.

If one could line up a Ford Everest, an Isuzu MuX, A Chevrolet whatever, a Mitsubisho Pajero, A Mazda BT and the "all new" Toyota Fortuner, I just wonder which one offers the best value for money and which one has the best ride.

Resale value is something that makes a second hand vehicle more expensive, not because the quality might be better, but simply because of name.

Toyota is still sailing along on it's good name.

But Toyota is not really that good any more, seen all the problems with recalls, but not in Thailand.

Even Mercedes' good name has gone down quite a lot, but not in Thailand.

I presume not many people buy a car to sell it again, private people I mean.

It is all the ideas that count.

And advertisements, of course.

People preferring the BT50 because it is better as the Ranger.

While both are more or less badge engineering wonders

People preferring the Isuzu MuX because it is better as the Chevy.

Bar the engine, badge engineering.

Attention, the new Fortuner, just like it's predecessor, will be made in Indonesia.

Where it is cheapest to manufacture.

Including the bits that will one day bring recalls.

But not in Thailand.

Edited by hansnl

Oh dear.

The Ford bashers are back.

One even had a new Everest, he hated it.

A new Everest?

Where did he get one, so long ago, to be able to find out he did not like it.

Whatever.

If one could line up a Ford Everest, an Isuzu MuX, A Chevrolet whatever, a Mitsubisho Pajero, A Mazda BT and the "all new" Toyota Fortuner, I just wonder which one offers the best value for money and which one has the best ride.

Resale value is something that makes a second hand vehicle more expensive, not because the quality ,ight be better, but simply because of name.

I presume not many people buy a car to sell it again, private people I mean.

It is all the ideas that count.

Just like the people that prefer the BT50 because it is better as the Ranger.

Just like the people that orefer the Isuzu MuX because it is better as the Chevy.

MUX and CHEVY sound like tanks.I drive a diesel and it sounds nothing like those two. New Everast haven't heard it. Mitsu is old as the Tuna - I don't expect much change in the new one when and if we ever see it. Best ride - new xtrail cause it's not built on a truck platform.

The OP asks about the new Fortuner and the 'tuna' and 'weego' acolytes start frothing at the mouth about how really, really bad Ford is.

Is this a strange way to answer a question or just strangely telling.

Those were just reactions to the comment that the OP should buy the new Everest.

Let me guess, you're driving a Ford?

The OP asks about the new Fortuner and the 'tuna' and 'weego' acolytes start frothing at the mouth about how really, really bad Ford is.

Those were just reactions to the comment that the OP should buy the new Everest.

How did you know lol

How did you know lol

Well I was going to respond with a comment about my Ford experience.

But I know you lot well enough by now so I am not going to bother with telling anyone about how I am really, really happy with my second Ford in Thailand in four years and how excellent the after-sales and service experience has been over the entire, stylish, practical, comfortable, quiet, economical and trouble-free 70,000 km.

So there!

I owned one once

I don't know what the roads are like that you travelled. But I do a 500km run quite often in my Tuna, start with full tank of diesel and fill once arrived cost is always around 1,300bt to top it. Tip change out of first gear.

The Always On 4 wheel drive diesel versions are more expensive on fuel than that. Had mine 5.5 years. Trip computer has shown 10.9 km/litre for the last 4 of those with an occasional sortie into 11.0.

Isaan driving and to Bangkok. A little bit of off road for Hash House Harriering, but no regular dirt road trips.

Since namman is now 20% cheaper than a year ago comparisons using tank-full costs are a bit suspect without time-stamping. Still ridiculously high consumption for ozyjon though - I would have done 170km to Ubon and back (proper roads) for 500 baht - even at old prices.

I owned one once

The Always On 4 wheel drive diesel versions are more expensive on fuel than that. Had mine 5.5 years. Trip computer has shown 10.9 km/litre for the last 4 of those with an occasional sortie into 11.0.

Isaan driving and to Bangkok. A little bit of off road for Hash House Harriering, but no regular dirt road trips.

Since namman is now 20% cheaper than a year ago comparisons using tank-full costs are a bit suspect without time-stamping. Still ridiculously high consumption for ozyjon though - I would have done 170km to Ubon and back (proper roads) for 500 baht - even at old prices.

Nice to hear True KPH. S.S. instead some Nit Mommies Boy who goes to Patts once a year claiming more kpl than an Eco Ride Mitsu.I got 8.5 average.

Gents, Fords in Thailand are in large a Mazda.

Yeah nah, not these days.

Really then why does Ford and Mazda come from the same Auto Alliance factory in Rayong? Why are the engines the same? I know Ford sold their 35% share in Mazda years ago but they are still hooked up on sharing chassis and various parts in the factories they co-own.

How much input did Mazda have with the current Ranger ? Very little.

They share engines because they are the engine's Ford Australia chose to use, Mazda however has their driveline calibrated differently and in my opinion the BT-50 is the better of the 2 to actually drive.

They roll down the same production line from the company called auto alliance thailand becasue as you know it is a joint venture between ford and mazda.

Chassis the same, body panels and interior panels different. They each option out different so hard to compare Oranges to Apples.

Nobody dislikes the Ford vehicles , people dislike Fords lack of after sales service in Thailand .

I can tell you in Pakchong that is not the case. They have great after sales services and no matter I only bought 1 Ford at that dealership I can drive in with my other Ford and they give service that is unbelievable. Oh yea they service Fords and Mazdas in same shop side by side.

thumbsup.gif

Yeah nah, not these days.

Really then why does Ford and Mazda come from the same Auto Alliance factory in Rayong? Why are the engines the same? I know Ford sold their 35% share in Mazda years ago but they are still hooked up on sharing chassis and various parts in the factories they co-own.

How much input did Mazda have with the current Ranger ? Very little.

They share engines because they are the engine's Ford Australia chose to use, Mazda however has their driveline calibrated differently and in my opinion the BT-50 is the better of the 2 to actually drive.

They roll down the same production line from the company called auto alliance thailand becasue as you know it is a joint venture between ford and mazda.

Chassis the same, body panels and interior panels different. They each option out different so hard to compare Oranges to Apples.

apples to apples. the P375 platform (chassis and driveline) has zero Mazda input so for people like yourself to say the Ford is a badge engineered Mazda (which is what you did) are 100% incorrect.

I owned one once

Nice to hear True KPH. S.S. instead some Nit Mommies Boy who goes to Patts once a year claiming more kpl than an Eco Ride Mitsu.I got 8.5 average.

So I'm telling lies am I, may I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and I'll prove it.

You just stick to your gas guzzling 8.9 kpl Mitsu. Don't panic I will wait for you while you fill up.

N/B the cost I quoted was in Old money diesel wise new price a lot less.

Edited by fredob43

So much anger about a car!

As in real life, isn't it always the road-raged 'tuna' that sits on the back bumper, flashing the headlights, swerving from lane to lane, not letting other traffic merge and cutting other drivers off?

Meanwhile, the Ford drivers, comfortable in the knowledge they have bought something that really is 'new'....

So much anger about a car!

As in real life, isn't it always the road-raged 'tuna' that sits on the back bumper, flashing the headlights, swerving from lane to lane, not letting other traffic merge and cutting other drivers off?

Meanwhile, the Ford drivers, comfortable in the knowledge they have bought something that really is 'new'....

haha, a ranger driver would never do what you described in sentence 1 but I don't disagree with you about tuna drivers in general. Swift drivers are similar but smaller - the car I mean, not the ego lol

They are all made with parts from different places now. One car may have almost the same doors as another. They all look pretty much the same. Not much to fight over anymore. Not like the 55 thunderbird or 57 Chevy. They are all ( deleted)

Hi Folks/.

Aren't you forgetting about one thing!

The new Fortuner will be an update of the current model. Ok maybe have a new body (shape) design? but the rest will have the same engines as current models. probably have the same technology of the ten year old design out now - just packaged differently - with a few updates!

Just like the (All new vios was) - different body (changed interior) a little bit but otherwise outdated technology! (packaged as the all new vios) - rubbish!

Toyota seem to be lagging behind very much nowadays - Lets have a new car from Toyota not just updates like for the last ten years or so?

That's why Toyota seems to be getting a bad name nowadays?

Where are the NEW cars/trucks - they promise us - what has happened to new ideas (hybrid / dual engine power / design, etc).

That's why I am an ex- customer now of Toyota? nowadays.sad.png

Edited by seedy
triple spacing

Do you have any evidence to back your claims there Martinpeter ?

How can anyone provide evidence to support claims based on absolutely no knowledge at all? tongue.png

Exactly.

I find it extremely amusing all these "experts" on the NEW Fortuner that to date is a vehicle that has had practically zero information released about.