New Fortuner 2015

mr_lob

Do you have any evidence to back your claims there Martinpeter ?

Yes/. "All new Toyota vios" What is different" from the old model? only body style - can you expect any different with the new Fortuner?

wait and see? perhaps they say "New Fortuner" this time! Doesn't "All new" mean everything new in my book?

Why so much anger on this site over cars - wouldn't it be a boring world if every car was a Toyota Fortuner ops black/white or another Fortuner that one is black/white.

It takes many different opinions to make life interesting due to experiences? in life.

Edited by seedy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like another severe case of 'tuna and chips (on their shoulders).

Their loyalty must be stretched paper thin after over 8 years of being promised something new but only getting some 'bespoke badges'.

Personally, I never ever believed in Santa.

Yes/. "All new Toyota vios" What is different" from the old model? only body style - can you expect any different with the new Fortuner?

wait and see? perhaps they say "New Fortuner" this time! Doesn't "All new" mean everything new in my book?

Why so much anger on this site over cars - wouldn't it be a boring world if every car was a Toyota Fortuner ops black/white or another Fortuner that one is black/white.

It takes many different opinions to make life interesting due to experiences? in life.

So that proves the fortuner will not be new.

Please refrain from using 3 or more spaced lines in your posts.

Forum Netiquette
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be
difficult to read.

So you confirm then that your claims of it being just a facelift are based on nothing more than thin air...... surprise surprise.

So you confirm then that your claims of it being just a facelift are based on nothing more than thin air...... surprise surprise.

Is there any whisper of a new engine? Anything? What happened with the vios is a disgrace. That engine was introduced when I got my honda 11 years ago. And honda updated their engine lineup several years ago. The problem is that in Thailand, Thais just see the badge and 'resale'. I don't think they are so interested in technological advancements. Airbags? Who need them! Only the unlucky I guess lol

The engines in the current Hilux/Fortuna will not meet the emission requirements for the markets the new models will be sold into so yes, there will be a new engines.

Edited by Don Mega

Right, there are new 2.2L and 2.8L engines coming for Vigo and Fortuner - if the launch of the new platforms is delayed past this year, we might even see them go into the current gen platform, so the 2.2L can take advantage of the new excise tax rules next year.

As for the VIOS, the 1NZ-FE engine isn't that old in engine terms, and it's had 3 rounds of improvements over the years too. I don't see any sense in retiring it now and spending millions on a new gasoline engine to replace it, seeing as Hybrid and EV is the future - and Toyota already have power units in these spaces they can slot into the chassis when the market is ready for it.

The OP asks about the new Fortuner and the 'tuna' and 'weego' acolytes start frothing at the mouth about how really, really bad Ford is.

Is this a strange way to answer a question or just strangely telling.

The OP also has a Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 and loves it!

The Fortuner is only sold in 2nd and 3rd world countries as they don't require crash testing. coffee1.gif

Not really much chance of a 2 tonne cardboard box passing I suppose.

Other countries get the Fortuner's slightly posher brother, the Landcruiser Prado. Same platform (IMV) just under a different name, same 3.0L diesel too.

Selling the slightly smaller Fortuner alongside it would just make no sense.

Also, The Pajero Sport, MU-X and Trailblazer don't have any problems passing crash testing in Western countries, and neither does the Prado ;)

I got conned once too.biggrin.png

OMG, so you're a reformed Tuna driver!?!?

I'll never read your posts the same again tongue.png

Seems Ace owned everthing ever manufactured - either that or is closet tent salesperson smile.png

Well, the Fortuner has been out for a long time. I even owned a Vigo once, that's how long it's been out :)

I got conned once too.biggrin.png

OMG, so you're a reformed Tuna driver!?!?

I'll never read your posts the same again tongue.png

Seems Ace owned everthing ever manufactured - either that or is closet tent salesperson smile.png

Well, the Fortuner has been out for a long time. I even owned a Vigo once, that's how long it's been out smile.png

I can top that, and please James too. Once in college, I drove a Datsun B-210 for six months. laugh.png

So much anger about a car!

As in real life, isn't it always the road-raged 'tuna' that sits on the back bumper, flashing the headlights, swerving from lane to lane, not letting other traffic merge and cutting other drivers off?

Yes but only when the traffic is slowed down.........by yet another tuna holding the whole road up. Once past that it will be only another few minutes before being stuck in another queue caused by another tuna.

When the road clears I never seem to see tunas in my rear view mirror. coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

Nor realy Jim, but theres a new big engine Camrey in my drive,thats next.biggrin.png .Only thing its BRAINDEAD BLACK.thumbsup.gifsad.png

What> you going to give up on your Honda obsession for the Camrey? You know the old saying Ace, once you go black you never go back. I guess in your case I thought you had Silver Civic 4 door At 1.5 or 1.8 litre ordered all ready? Not plain enough for ya? :)

Ive tried that lunch time, realy nice but Teana is better value.,still a Ranger, Fortuna , Almera, all new left to try in the drive.Song Holls bring all the relatives round to show off, never sat in a Ranger 3.2 that should be nice to try, and the Almera, the slob cart ill give a miss.So its boring Silver Civics for me.biggrin.png .

Ive tried that lunch time, realy nice but Teana is better value.,still a Ranger, Fortuna , Almera, all new left to try in the drive.Song Holls bring all the relatives round to show off, never sat in a Ranger 3.2 that should be nice to try, and the Almera, the slob cart ill give a miss.So its boring Silver Civics for me.biggrin.png .

I agree about the Almera - why bother - better to take a ride in some old vios taxi. We got a newish camry in the parking lot of our condo. The thing is so low a rat would have a hard time squeezing under. I give the trim about 2 weeks until it's sheered off by the road arounds here. Off topic, I saw a BT 50 pro - the high one like the ranger - but lowered...why spend all that money to do that to a High Rider?

Anyways back to the New Tuna....

So much anger about a car!

As in real life, isn't it always the road-raged 'tuna' that sits on the back bumper, flashing the headlights, swerving from lane to lane, not letting other traffic merge and cutting other drivers off?

Yes but only when the traffic is slowed down.........by yet another tuna holding the whole road up. Once past that it will be only another few minutes before being stuck in another queue caused by another tuna.

When the road clears I never seem to see tunas in my rear view mirror. coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

Because they are in front of you...coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

When I was at the prior motor show, in the fall 2014, the Toyota sales people said the new Fortuner would be available in Q2 2015. Now, at this recent motor show, they said it might be available at the end of the year.

This begs the question, should we trust the sales people and their knowledge and information? The saleswoman at the BMW booth was adamant that the only BMW with four wheel drive was the X5. I kept pushing her about the X3 (which is well reviewed by the independent firm Consumer Reports, from America) and she kept insisting that only the X5 has 4WD or AWD. She called me the next day to say that the X3 does, in fact, have four wheel drive.

Edited by dannoOnline

Originally I was told for sure Q2 2014. Can’t believe what they tell you. Personally in view of past experience I predict itll be Q2 2016 at least before we see a new fortuner as they will most likely release "the all" new vigo first. I hope I’m wrong.

This begs the question, should we trust the sales people and their knowledge and information?

I have run into this problem before. People selling items with little or no knowledge of the product.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from a Samsung authorized retailer in N. America. Asked a question of the salesman - was told that I needed to come back when his boss was in as he was the resident expert. ???

Here in LOS it is possible that due to the low wages being paid to staff, and an apparent lack of selling bonuses, that apathy sets in. If the sales people made a commission on their sales, I am sure they would spend the time to have all the answers ready when a customer has a question.

This begs the question, should we trust the sales people and their knowledge and information?

I have run into this problem before. People selling items with little or no knowledge of the product.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from a Samsung authorized retailer in N. America. Asked a question of the salesman - was told that I needed to come back when his boss was in as he was the resident expert. ???

Here in LOS it is possible that due to the low wages being paid to staff, and an apparent lack of selling bonuses, that apathy sets in. If the sales people made a commission on their sales, I am sure they would spend the time to have all the answers ready when a customer has a question.

For cars they do earn commissions.

It takes time for Toyo to gather enough Old Lexus bits to launch an All New Toyota anything. Its not just Toyo. the All New Honda Civic will be 2 Years old before we see one with the superb new auto box.sad.png

This promises to be the first Civic I will ever own. Beats the crap out of the Accord. Looks superb, but not sure if we'll see it in this form in Thailand:

2016-honda-civic-1.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/2016-honda-civic-coupe-sedan-scoop-images/37071/pictures#6

• 4 weeks later...

I dropped in to see my local Toyota dealer and check the status of the new Fortuner. Apparently the salesmen will go for training in June with an expected launch in Aug/Sept. They said it is all new, with new engine and electronics, including seven airbags and possibly a power rear door (or is that a tailgate?). We'll have to see if this actually comes to fruition...

Oh, and expected price around 2mm.

Edited by dannoOnline