Suspect nabbed for beating police officer unconscious

Thaivisa News

Chachoensao: – Police have arrested and charged a man for aggravated assaulting a police officer on duty.

The assault happened at a road checkpoint in Phanom Sarakham district near Prachinburi on Saturday. The checkpoint was located nearby a petrol station.

Police inspector Lt Colonel Krit Boonruangkhanaphorn seized a motorcycle from a racing gang.

About a dozen gang members, who appeared drunk, tried to convince Krit to release the motorcycle. Krit refused and called for the backup forces to deal with the gang.

As the gang members and the police inspector were arguing, a man sneaked behind and put a chokehold on the officer before using a stone to hit him in the head.

The man then punched and knocked him out before fleeing the scene along with the gang members.

Police identified the man on the following day after checking security camera footage from the petrol station.

The assault suspect is Komson Chansi, 28, who is a resident of Prachinburi. He is a friend of the motorcycle gang. They often go drinking together.

Komson said he fled to hide in the woods. After sobering up in the morning, he said he checked his mobile phone and shockingly found out from a video clip of what he had done on the previous night.

He said he was reluctant to surrender himself to police for fear that he would be victim of police brutality.

Phanom Sarakham police contacted his mother to intervene and convince him to surrender.

The suspect said he was drunk and that he was angry when Krit would not return the motorcycle to his friend.

Krit’s colleagues said they wanted to but could not file a heavier charge against the suspect because he had no prior record. The suspect’s main flaw was he was often turned violent when drunk.

That cop's luckier than the one in Rhek Thum. He confiscated a scooter from a teen, and later that day the family all came down from the hills and filled him full of holes.

EDIT: I hate spelchekers

Edited by HeijoshinCool

Someone posted the video footage of this in the early hours of the morning, not sure if the thread is still here.

Anyway, I highly doubt this cretin really checked his phone in the morning and was shocked, he knows darn well what he did. And what did he do? Well, apart from what is already stated in the OP the video shows him literally stamping on the other guy's head. Typical Thai male style fighting to attack in a cowardly fashion and then continue when the other guy is down and out.

Really this turd should be flushed away now. Real shame about his prior record because based on his behaviour in the video he's a disgusting, dangerous animal that shouldn't be anywhere near civilised folk.

"Typical Thai male" What a load of rubbish, I mean our young men at home in our civilised countries would never ever do anything like that, would they?

Someone posted the video footage of this in the early hours of the morning, not sure if the thread is still here.

Anyway, I highly doubt this cretin really checked his phone in the morning and was shocked, he knows darn well what he did. And what did he do? Well, apart from what is already stated in the OP the video shows him literally stamping on the other guy's head. Typical Thai male style fighting to attack in a cowardly fashion and then continue when the other guy is down and out.

Really this turd should be flushed away now. Real shame about his prior record because based on his behaviour in the video he's a disgusting, dangerous animal that shouldn't be anywhere near civilised folk.

"Typical Thai male" What a load of rubbish, I mean our young men at home in our civilised countries would never ever do anything like that, would they?

Actually you're right to pick me up on that, at least in terms of the wording. What I mean is typical Thai male thuggery, not that Thai males are typically thugs.

As to your point about "back home" I agree our own streets are more dangerous than those in most of Asia, however what goes on "back home" is completely irrelevant, as it usually is with the mindless "get your own house in order first" comments.

Someone's going to have a nasty accident in their cell. whistling.gif

Haha I suspect he will have a series of small accidents that

perhaps involve electricity and genitals before

he has the big nasty accident..... He attacked a member of

the world's largest mafia, things are not going to go well for him.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

i think the back up force who was requested/responded? may need a little guidence in response to assistance request. how many police were manning the check point to start with?

the entire story has a smell of gross misreporting anmd to to even reference past lack of criminal record as deteermining charges to file in this instance is mind blogging. this sounds like a report of a school ground fight at the local pre school when a student is left in charge while teachers are having a break from duty.

i made this comment prior to seeing the recording of this incident, but there seems to be a need for guidencce within the BIB.

Edited by slapout

Komson said he fled to hide in the woods. After sobering up in the morning, he said he checked his mobile phone and shockingly found out from a video clip of what he had done on the previous night.

...so his 'buddies' took a video of this assault and emailed it to the guy?

He said he was reluctant to surrender himself to police for fear that he would be victim of police brutality.

...but no problem to sneak behind a man, hit him with a rock while having a gang as back-up?

• Like 1

How can there be no charges after seeing this cowardly prick attacking a defenceless cop from behind. Even after the two females prise him away he still hits the cop, (probably unconcious by that stage) with the rock as he lays prone on the ground. It made me sick seeing the footage of this vermin. I hope this piece of crap meets his makers over Songkran if he gets pissed and rides a motorbike. Rot in hell if you do pond life.

Not the main point here but this reminds me of the lack of maturity and lack of responsibility so common with Thai youngsters (and also in other countries).

At universities the behaviors are getting worse and worse and there seems to be a connection to the well researched fact that Thai parents very often don't discipline their children or even speak to them about appropriate behavior, and events (such as with this story) are never discussed at all in the family.

Why, because (from research) the parents are afraid their kids won't love them.

It also reminds me of an incident a few years back, in a university where a male student hit a girl (both in my classes but incident not in my classroom) and she was severely injured and she spent some weeks in hospital.

The dean asked the boys father to come in and he asked me to attend the meeting. The father and son both spoke good English.

The dean told the student that he was banned for study for 2 semesters and his all previous credits cancelled. The reaction was 'that's not fair'.

The dean asked the father to speak to his son and tell him that his behavior was inappropriate etc.

Father's comment 'No, I don't want to say anything to him because I want my son the have fun at university.

Edited by scorecard

What an absolute gang of thugs. Having watched the video (Thanks 7Heavan) I am horrified at the whole episode. All of those involved should be charged with assisting GBH. They all rushed off - with no lights or crash helmets and we are asked to believe the perp was drunk and regretted his actions later and the others innocent bystanders. Jeez.

Those girls from the petrol station were brave and need to have some recognition of their actions in stopping the perp from continuing his beating of the cop.

• Like 1

>>Krit’s colleagues said they wanted to but could not file a heavier charge against the suspect because he had no prior record. The suspect’s main flaw was he was often turned violent when drunk.<< Quote

So it is okay to almost kill someone, if you have no prior record and get aggressive if drinking??

Hope this pr*ck gets the justice he deserves! Outside the court room!!

Tell me the last time you heard a story of someone saying, "I smoked so much weed, that I beat up a cop".

How is alcohol legal, and weed not? It boggles my mind. BOGGLES.

I concur......but people like alcohol because it is refreshing and so many people like the taste of the various types of alcohol in all its forms and they like the feeling they obtain from just the right amount of alcohol....but not too much....while alcohol is long socially accepted to drink in moderation near anywhere and near anytime.

Pot is still seen as a bad boy drug, to be consumed in secret and not out in the open while it is very misunderstood while yet to be socially accepted ..to say the least.

However, when a person is out of control on alcohol they should be administered some Marijuana to calm them down and put them to sleep...lol

I would prefer to live amongst the pot heads as compared to the sickly and often menacing drunkards and alcoholics ....if forced to choose.....

Cheers

Tell me the last time you heard a story of someone saying, "I smoked so much weed, that I beat up a cop".

How is alcohol legal, and weed not? It boggles my mind. BOGGLES.

Tell me the last time you heard a story when someone said "I smoked so much crack that I beat up a cop". How is alcohol legal and crack not? Same logic.

You're very easily boggled.

So just how does a person do something like that and get a video of himself doing it on his own phone unless it was planned? Kind of shoots holes in the "I didn't know what I was doing because I was drunk" excuse

Yes, it's not like his mates could send the video to his phone.