Buffalo Bills - Hua Hin

Zonka

Went to this 'restaurant' this week. Had the 'all week Sunday lunch'. All I can say is that it tasted like it had been there all week! Bloody atrocious and 'Bill' should hang his head in shame!

both myself and my wife had the Sunday lunch 1 beef, 1 pork. Presentation was terrible, looked like everything was vomitted onto the plate. The 'gravy?' was not gravy at all. It had the look and texture of either frogs spawn or dead baby Jelly fish. I had to ask the staff twice what it was and they confirmed it was gravy 'Thai Style' Also the beer from the tap was warm. maybe the cooler wasn't working properly.

When we came to check the bill they had added 1 extra pint on my bill which i pointed out. The lady behind the bar (an older lady) basically called me a liar and insisted i had drunk the extra pint. As i Had only two pints i was very sure of how much I had had.

Needless to say we left 90% of our meals (picked out the meat) paid and left. A total waste of 1,300 baht! We are frequent visitors to Hua Hin (we live in Bangkok) and will give this place a very wide berth in future. Bloody awful.

As 'Bill' was in UK we couldn't complain direct to him. Maybe this was why the food was garbage.

BILL - Introduce your staff to Bisto gravy granules and stop using the Jelly fish gravy!

I had Sun Lunch at Zebwer in soi 112.....

Absolutely lovely - Roast lamb, roast and mashed potatoes, selection of veg, yorkshire pud, mint sauce and very flavoursome gravy....

Decent sized portion too, good friendly service and a nice vibe about the place...

Wife had Thai food and gave it a resounding 9/10 (and she don't doll that out very often).

And the icing on the cake for us, is that they also have a lovely, covered kids play area - which my kids adore - so "win win" for me.

Edited by piston broke
  • Like 1

I've never actually been to Buffalo Bills but everyone I speak to has nothing but good things to say about it. The breakfast is meant to be excellent.

I go to Zebwer often, it's great. Super food, both Thai and Farang and a nice play area to keep the kids occupied.

Zonkers - yer bonkers.

Went to The Old Buffalo Tavern (Buffalo Bills) for Sunday Lunch about a month ago.

Your post must be a wind up.

My Opinion:

Service, like a 5 star restaurant, really warm and friendly.

Food came on a piping hot plate (waiter warned plate hot and to be careful).

Nice portion size and food good quality.

Would definately return.

Edited by properperson

Zonkers - yer bonkers.

Went to The Old Buffalo Tavern (Buffalo Bills) for Sunday Lunch about a month ago.

Your post must be a wind up.

My Opinion:

Service, like a 5 star restaurant, really warm and friendly.

Food came on a piping hot plate (waiter warned plate hot and to be careful).

Nice portion size and food good quality.

Would definately return.

You Obviously work there! probably one of the worst meals i've had in years. Bill was in England so maybe standards have slipped whilst he was away. But god damn awful. we were there about a year ago and no complaints. New chef/cook?

I agree 100 per cent with Mr Zonka. I have been to Buffalo Bills twice after reading good reports. the last time with my elderly parents who had come over to see they're grand kid.

The first time was not good, food or service, but the second time was unbelievable. After over an hours wait we were presented with food that we didn't order, my kid getting the spaghetti bolognaise which had barely been cooked. Lost it a little with the oldish English lady behind the bar and received something along the lines of an apology along with the excuse that the chef wasn't working that day. Its not often i get wound up but that place managed it!!

Got to agree with the OP, I used to be a daily visitor and it used to be great food (although on the expensive side) but after 4 consecutive bad meals I stopped going in there.

Have also spoken to a few other people in HH who have said it has gone downhill food wise

I have been twice to BB. last time about a year ago. First time was OK, nothing super. Last time was a let down. Just passable food. Slow service. I would probably try it again but if still poorer service then never again!

Never been to Zebwer so will give it a try next time down.

Just had lunch here. Service was good, but then again we went at a quiet period.

The food however. Probably one of the best Fish N Chips (served in newspaper!) i've had - the chips were super crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy on the inside (Armadillos!) - Fish batter was lovely and crispy too, great taste, nice texture to the fish. Son had Lasagne and enjoyed it (when his face was not in his phone).

Strangely for me, also had a few glasses of Cider (draught) which really worked with the hot weather. Based on this first visit, I will recommend, and probably visit again, probably for a Sunday Roast.

Staff were friendly and efficient, toilets were clean and up to standard.

I have been to BB half a dozen times in the past 18 months and have always enjoyed the food and the ambience. I first went in for the lamb shanks. Excellent I have to say. Can't say I have had any bad

experience there at all. Nice to sit at the big tables or at the outside counters watching the world go by being served by pleasant staff.

Cheers

Myself and the wife have been there quite a few times. Never been disappointed if Bill is around but on the couple of

occasions he has not been there the food was not the best. Have to say that we never had slow/bad service though.

We had Sunday lunch at El Murphys the other day and it was good. Both presentation and taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyday Sunday Roast (beef) - 290B

attachicon.gifIMG_0148.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0147.JPG

I'm not even going to do a write up on this one...

That's just like the slop we were given! Utter disgrace. Thats how it looks as it arrives at your table! Zoom in and you will see what I mean by the Jellyfish gravy.

Worst meal i've seen in 16 years in Thailand. I say 'seen' as we didnt eat that slop.