Exhaust Shop

wow64

Looking for an exhaust shop that is not too far out of BKK.

Went to PR2 Exhaust last time and they are ok just a long way for me to leave for the bike there.

Rama 3 area would be good.

My current exhaust is so hot under the seat.. bike is a cbr600rr and the new exhaust from PR2 has caused more heat on the balls and ass.

Have a friend with another 600rr that he got with a brothers exhaust already installed and its not where near as hot. Also thinking of redoing the exhaust to be out the side rather then under the seat.. have seen this done.

Anyway anyone know of a shop that could do either of these close to Rama 3/Silom?

Maybe give that reflective backed insulation a try between the pipes and the seat.

Stick-on type is available in N. America - aluminum backed, hi-temp insulation. Used in race cars.

Never seen it here - but never looked neither. But have seen the household stuff in Homepro, etc

Will try some of that insulation tape that goes on headers good idea... only under the seat I will put it.. Maybe one of the bike shops have it or online if no luck. A lot of the head though is coming from the actual muffler. Not sure I can put it on that.

Was trying to avoid going out to Rama 2 where K-speed is.. but if I have too I have too. Had to leave my bike out there at PR2 (rama2) last time and its a pain. Will go see what they say.

Cheers

Edited by wow64

Will try some of that insulation tape that goes on headers good idea... only under the seat I will put it.. Maybe one of the bike shops have it or online if no luck. A lot of the head though is coming from the actual muffler. Not sure I can put it on that.

Should be no problem - they wrap the head pipes right where they exit the cylinder head, which is the hottest part.

You can order thru US shops like Summit Racing. Package is quite small so doubt customs would have much of an issue.

Maybe !!

Using header tape on the seat is fine, though it's of limited benefit (Ducati owners have been trying forever to fix the 'hot seat' problem with various insulated custom cut-outs, with very little change)- do NOT wrap your pipes with it, though- that's meant for a car application and has little effect on a motorcycle- if you have a titanium header pipe, the wrapping can actually cause it to degrade over time.

There's some good info on the net if you do a search.

Do not know the bike, but is there room to have a metal heat shield - same as used to keep feet / legs away from the header pipes - fabbed ?

This, in conjunction with the exhaust wrap around the muffler may give you more benefit as it will tend to reflect heat down toward the tire.

The more air space available between the heat shield and the muffler the better. Allowing for adequate clearance from the shield to the seat base of course.

Every little bit is bound to help some in such a situation.

Exhaust under the rear seat.. The cut outs on the side that are meant to cool it actually radiate more heat onto my ass when in traffic or not going a decent speed...Oh well maybe putting that tape on my ass is an option also.

Going to Kspeed tomorrow..

post-208485-14293615355163_thumb.jpg

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

Have got a heat sheild installed now.. Like the oem exhaust but to fit the aftermarket muffler.

The guys at the shop warned against using the heat tape on my exhaust as its titanium and could damage it.

But there is heat tape on the underside of the heat shield also..

Anyway hope this works.

Have not been sitting in heavy traffic but it seems better.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64