Tax Rebate - Anyone recieved yet?

Was informed back in Feb that i had a rebate coming by a previous employer when working, now April, yet have not received - i take it they mean this year or next (you know how hard it can be getting accurate information)... so if no one else has then its normal, if they have then i should be concerned i guess.

Thanks

Assuming you are talking a Thai tax return refund. If you are due a refund "you" must file for it which you do between 1 Jan - 31 Mar...up to 8 Apr I think if filing online....of each year If filing after that time there will be a small late filing fee of a couple hundred baht. Each year I've filed for a refund of interest withheld on Thai bank fixed savings accounts, I've got the refund in less than two months....this year it took almost 7 weeks from the date of my filing. I filed and live in Bangkok.

I recently received a 20k refund on income tax paid in 2013, company took care of all filing and i even visited the tax office on Bangna Trad rd myself with the refund letter dated june 2014, they just told me the cheque is in the system.

Was in there a bloody long time !

You should be able to check the status of your filing/refund at the Thai Revenue Dept Tax Return Status webpage. Googe/Bing Translate is your friend at this website. Select the refund year you want to check on (i.e, 2557 for last year's), your first and middle name in the first type-in entry field, your last name in the next, and your 13 digit tax number in the third. If you don't know your tax number then contact your company to find out the number and hang onto it for future use. If you have got refund in previous years your tax number will be on the return/refund forms. Remember, a translate program is your friend at this website.

I received my refund four weeks after filing - all 850 baht of it.

I effected first time for tax refund on savings interest in February,(Pattaya / Jomtien tax offices) I had to return again a three weeks ago as they had mislaid some copies etc, received cheque two weeks ago for 17,000.

Very easy for little effort.

You should be able to check the status of your filing/refund at the Thai Revenue Dept Tax Return Status webpage. Googe/Bing Translate is your friend at this website. Select the refund year you want to check on (i.e, 2557 for last year's), your first and middle name in the first type-in entry field, your last name in the next, and your 13 digit tax number in the third. If you don't know your tax number then contact your company to find out the number and hang onto it for future use. If you have got refund in previous years your tax number will be on the return/refund forms. Remember, a translate program is your friend at this website.

This is brilliant, thank you!!!

Ah one snag....

Tax Code, does not show on any of my paperwork... problem is its been 2/3 months now since i was first informed about it, so naturally there is some concern this end, now if i ask the company for it i would be directly asking their trust/honour i guess...

It appears you all seemed to got yours so seems a issue my end with my particular company.

Assuming you are talking a Thai tax return refund. If you are due a refund "you" must file for it which you do between 1 Jan - 31 Mar...up to 8 Apr I think if filing online....of each year If filing after that time there will be a small late filing fee of a couple hundred baht. Each year I've filed for a refund of interest withheld on Thai bank fixed savings accounts, I've got the refund in less than two months....this year it took almost 7 weeks from the date of my filing. I filed and live in Bangkok.

They said 6 weeks,got it in 5 days,can be lucky sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this appears to be a ongoing saga, it appears they are using my tax code but aligned the tax against the company lawyer ? (i.e his name)

Now the tax department who i got in touch with state they need me to photocopy my WP , but i left the company well over a year back, and the company asked to keep my WP? (Was i meant to do this?).

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I filed for tax refund on 25/5/15 and was told I can receive my cheque in 1 month's time. However till date I have not received it yet. What shall I do? My tax office is in Chiang Mai. Thank you.

Hello,

I filed for tax refund on 25/5/15 and was told I can receive my cheque in 1 month's time. However till date I have not received it yet. What shall I do? My tax office is in Chiang Mai. Thank you.

Contact them...ask for status.

Hello,

To go personally to tax office or I can do so via telephone? I doubt they will reply emails. Thank you.

Hello,

To go personally to tax office or I can do so via telephone? I doubt they will reply emails. Thank you.

Personally, I would go to the tax office if not too much of a trip; otherwise, call. Or, try the call first as it easy to do and couldn't hurt.

Did you check the online status of your return?

Hello,

Personally, I would go to the tax office if not too much of a trip; otherwise, call. Or, try the call first as it easy to do and couldn't hurt.

Did you check the online status of your return?

I didn't know I can check via online. Can you kindly advise the website to go to? Do they have English version of the site?

I'm currently not in Chiang Mai therefore going there personally might be a problem.

Thank you.

I didn't know I can check via online. Can you kindly advise the website to go to? Do they have English version of the site?

I'm currently not in Chiang Mai therefore going there personally might be a problem.

Thank you.

Here's the website for checking on your refund status: http://www.rd.go.th/publish/27942.0.html

It's in Thai. See in the middle of the screen, where the tax year is selected: 2557 (2014). No need to change that.

You want to enter your name in the next line. Last name goes in the first box, and first name middle name goes in the second box. Basically you probably want to match your passport. If it doesn't work, you can omit your middle name and try just your first name.

The next line is for your Thai Tax ID number (which is a 13-digit number, enter without dashes).

Then press the submit button on the next line down.

You will see a screen with several circles from left to right. As processing occurs you can see your status advance to the next circle. When the circle reaches the fourth circle, the check has been cut and mailed to you.

Copy the text that appears in the box below your name and paste it into translate.google.com and do a Thai to English translation and it will give you the status of your refund.

Thank you.

Here's the website for checking on your refund status: http://www.rd.go.th/publish/27942.0.html

It's in Thai. See in the middle of the screen, where the tax year is selected: 2557 (2014). No need to change that.

You want to enter your name in the next line. Last name goes in the first box, and first name middle name goes in the second box. Basically you probably want to match your passport. If it doesn't work, you can omit your middle name and try just your first name.

The next line is for your Thai Tax ID number (which is a 13-digit number, enter without dashes).

Then press the submit button on the next line down.

You will see a screen with several circles from left to right. As processing occurs you can see your status advance to the next circle. When the circle reaches the fourth circle, the check has been cut and mailed to you.

Copy the text that appears in the box below your name and paste it into translate.google.com and do a Thai to English translation and it will give you the status of your refund.

Thank you so much Skatewash for your explanation. I'll try it.

Good day to you![emoji3]

Yea, what skatewash said. Now you will probably only get a status if you filed a Form 90 or 91, which are around 4 pages in length although only a portion is filled out for the refund. If the much simple one page form (I forget the form number) was you may not get any status.