Clock repair Pattaya

Lostom

I seriously doubt if you will find a reliable antique clock repairer in Pattaya.I took my clocks to a small shop in Chinatown in Bangkok and was very pleaed with their service.However,I subsequently found a more convenient shop,located inside Chitlom Skytrain station.The chap speaks fluent English,and has a range of antique clocks on sale as well.

My clocks were probably smaller than a grandmother clock,being pendulum wall and mantle clocks,as well as a couple of brass carriage clocks.I took them up by taxi and returned by taxi.

This was about one month ago.

As I said,the chap in Chitlom Skytrain station was probably the most convenient,but I had already organised for a clock company in Chinatown to do the repairs and cleaning.

The shop in Chinatown is Rianthong.Tel.no 022214350, 02226391, 022254029.

I think they had another outlet in Bangkok,but I had arranged to go to their Chinatown branch which only a taxi could find when armed with their contact no.

E.mail : [email protected]

I had to do a bit of time consuming research to find a reliable repair shop for the majority of places are only skilled in modern clocks,but Rianthong certainly did a professional job.

hope this is helpful.

Another possible source of information may be John Collingbourne,the auctioneer in Chayapeuk rd.

• 5 months later...

Wish you all the best Ted, hope you can continue with your interest.

I have removed your phone number for your own protection as emails and phone numbers are often harvested by bots off web boards. Please use the PM function for contact.

I bought in an auction in UK a mantle clock, which was about 100 years old, it packed up!

I took to a shop (Go down Pattaya Klang towards beach, turn left at Soi Buakhao, 1st watch shop on left, about 3rd shop from turning, not the 2nd watch shop!), they took it apart, cleaned it, found a new piece to fit and were very good, and very fair price.

Edited by Pdavies99

• 1 month later...