Most Thais satisfied with "Peace" under Prayut govt

Lite Beer

Saying ' most Thais ' were satisfied is quite a stretch, at best it's most surveyed were satisfied and 1,572 is hardly representative.

The idea it was nationwide too is open to question. I very much doubt the poll sent researchers out to the far flung provinces or have their people based anywhere other than Bangkok.

• Like 1

It is funny! In the other newspaper we cannot quote, they present answers to other questions that are not shown here. Very high dissatisfaction rates for failure to solve economic problems, failed political reform and reconciliation, inability to get culprits punished, and restrictions to public opinion.

Obviously there have been a self-censorship.....

You spew out the same rubbish out over and over again and people might start to believe it. Simple call an election as most Thais are happy with the current situation then no need to worry!wink.png

it does seem that we all have to be told every week that most Thais are happy with the current situation. It would seem that those in power are a little insecure.

The poll was conducted among 1,572 wasted people celebrating Songkran with Laokau, beer and whiskey nationwide during 17th-19th April

You forgot to add they had guns pointed at them when asked the questions, or is that just another bit of anti-junta bs ?

It seems, by reading your posts, that you clearly step with the Army and are one of the few who would eat anything the media tell you.

Look at the reality, by opposition of the 90% happy told by the media (which you remember the lovely general has told they will be executed if they don t report the "truth")

So by opposition here are the 10% of the non happy :

-all politicians (not only Yingluck, even if you think that every farang who don t like the Junta is a pro red)

-all the tourism business (which also include people living from the tourism, not only hotel and restaurant)

-all the investors (just have a look at the recent article from Japanese manufacturers who said, if they change the BOI regulations and other investments like they said they will, will turn to Vietnam, Burma, and Cambodia

-Press, media and the freedom of speech

-Adjusted people (and it is not only people who are politicians or engaged in politics)

-Families of people who are engaged in politic or against the Junta (the families were "visited" by army andtold them to "take care" or....)

-The ones accused of Lese majeste on political motives and facing jail for way too long for such comments on facebook which were mainly politic...

- the fact that the plan for the army is to have only one third of the Senat elected, the possibility to have a PM appointed (and by who do you thin he will? the middle class, low class or the very high so, who still want to keep their grip on everything)

You want me to continue or you still believe the Junta do a good Job....?

As a wise man said : the period of peace for the army is now close to an end and what is coming is grimmer than you think....

The spin doctors seem to do a good job with you...sleep tight

EDIT: just a reminder, the junta don t want to have any amnesty they told us many time...well not it s not any amnesty, except for the army as, whatever happen late, the army and junta won t be accountable of anything....another <deleted>.*ing joke

Edited by aaacorp

Pity about the rabid farangs who cannot wait for things to return to the bad ol' days. They just won't be happy until there is blood on the streets again.

There is no blood on the streets of Pyongyang, North Korea or Bejing, China either.

“87.98% are satisfied with the state of peace and absence of political rallies”

BUT

“84.16% were dissatisfied with the government's use of power to restrict public opinion; and 79.69% were unhappy with an excessive use of laws and regulations.”

So it would seem the Thai people are not happy about trading their rights and liberties for the sake of peace. This survey sends a loud message to the Junta that should it fail to hold a public referendum on the draft 2015 constitution, there will be disturbances.

...and the warm, fuzzy, self congratulatory statements just keep on flowing...kind of like what food poisoning does to the body...it flows from every orifice.

You would know, your posts being a perfect example on this "flowing"...................

Have not read one yet that would rate a good contribution to the forum.

oneday has been a member for seven years and only 1000 posts. He really doesn't seem to have much to say. Since he comments so rarely, one would think that he must have something of import to contribute when he does comment. But, alas...

• Like 1

Pity about the rabid farangs who cannot wait for things to return to the bad ol' days. They just won't be happy until there is blood on the streets again.

No, I think you are quite wrong; a lot of farangs know that without an ongoing dialogue that includes all the Thai people, whatever colour shirt they wear, this, very sadly, is just the calm before the storm.

How long have you been in Thailand ? Or followed the politics ? You do know what "ongoing dialogue" means, don't you ?

That is how the bloody coup started in the first place, because of a breakdown in the ongoing dialogue.

We already had the calm before the storm. You must have missed it. It was just before Yingluck finished her rule.

Silly me. I thought the coup occurred because Suthep et Al failed to completely oust the elected government and they had to fall back on on the last resort and use the coup as their fail safe.

But what do I know.

But what do I know.

Only Red Shirt propaganda, it seems.
  • Like 1

The poll was conducted among 1,572 wasted people celebrating Songkran with Laokau, beer and whiskey nationwide during 17th-19th April

You forgot to add they had guns pointed at them when asked the questions, or is that just another bit of anti-junta bs ?

It seems, by reading your posts, that you clearly step with the Army and are one of the few who would eat anything the media tell you.

Look at the reality, by opposition of the 90% happy told by the media (which you remember the lovely general has told they will be executed if they don t report the "truth")

So by opposition here are the 10% of the non happy :

-all politicians (not only Yingluck, even if you think that every farang who don t like the Junta is a pro red)

-all the tourism business (which also include people living from the tourism, not only hotel and restaurant)

-all the investors (just have a look at the recent article from Japanese manufacturers who said, if they change the BOI regulations and other investments like they said they will, will turn to Vietnam, Burma, and Cambodia

-Press, media and the freedom of speech

-Adjusted people (and it is not only people who are politicians or engaged in politics)

-Families of people who are engaged in politic or against the Junta (the families were "visited" by army andtold them to "take care" or....)

-The ones accused of Lese majeste on political motives and facing jail for way too long for such comments on facebook which were mainly politic...

- the fact that the plan for the army is to have only one third of the Senat elected, the possibility to have a PM appointed (and by who do you thin he will? the middle class, low class or the very high so, who still want to keep their grip on everything)

You want me to continue or you still believe the Junta do a good Job....?

As a wise man said : the period of peace for the army is now close to an end and what is coming is grimmer than you think....

The spin doctors seem to do a good job with you...sleep tight

EDIT: just a reminder, the junta don t want to have any amnesty they told us many time...well not it s not any amnesty, except for the army as, whatever happen late, the army and junta won t be accountable of anything....another <deleted>.*ing joke

It seems you are either unable to read and comprehend English, or you are just fos. Only read your first line, did not bother reading the rest because I just knew it would be red rubbish. If you had read a lot of my posts over the years you would realize you are wrong on both accounts. Engage your brain before posting lies about me.

...and the warm, fuzzy, self congratulatory statements just keep on flowing...kind of like what food poisoning does to the body...it flows from every orifice.

You would know, your posts being a perfect example on this "flowing"...................

Have not read one yet that would rate a good contribution to the forum.

oneday has been a member for seven years and only 1000 posts. He really doesn't seem to have much to say. Since he comments so rarely, one would think that he must have something of import to contribute when he does comment. But, alas...

He is a troll who is probably a member of many forums. He shares himself around.

There is no blood on the streets of Pyongyang, North Korea or Bejing, China either.

Ridiculous statement. Anyone who seriously compares either country to Thailand should consider pulling their head out of their...................................well, they should think before they post comments.

• Like 1

No, I think you are quite wrong; a lot of farangs know that without an ongoing dialogue that includes all the Thai people, whatever colour shirt they wear, this, very sadly, is just the calm before the storm.

How long have you been in Thailand ? Or followed the politics ? You do know what "ongoing dialogue" means, don't you ?

That is how the bloody coup started in the first place, because of a breakdown in the ongoing dialogue.

We already had the calm before the storm. You must have missed it. It was just before Yingluck finished her rule.

Silly me. I thought the coup occurred because Suthep et Al failed to completely oust the elected government and they had to fall back on on the last resort and use the coup as their fail safe.

But what do I know.

But what do I know.

Only Red Shirt propaganda, it seems.

So we're my comments incorrect?