PM Prayut reaffirms he will use Section 44 to deal with corrupt officials

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't this the same list that was held back for editing the names on it 2 weeks ago. How can they lay claim to it being compiled fairly when its obvious that changes were made and deletions of names were done prior to Mr. P looking at it.

There claims just in this article about having no intention to a persecute officials stands out like a sore thumb. So the r names must have been removed from this list one would assume. What a crock since they should be the ones persecuted the most for violating peoples trust using their position.

"""He went on saying that there are two more lists of allegedly corrupt officials compiled by the national anti-corruption directorate which will soon be submitted to the prime minister for consideration."""

Why do some posters have such miscomprehension problems?

It is almost as if they create their own preconceived take on something and facts and truths fail to alter this whereby they stick to their own flawed arguments on the matter come what may.

It is if their brain is already working at full capacity and nothing else can penetrate (especially if it is an inconvenient truth or something that destroys their argument). It would be a little more understandable if they occasionally get it right but that seldom happens, if ever at all!!

Speaking of comprehension issues Lucky, it would be nice to see you back in the Police Hatchet man thread where you miss comprehended his wealth for 11.5 million baht instead of 11.5 million dollars.

This is not miscomprehension, simply something I misread at the time. Have you not noticed the amount of times journalists make this mistake in mixing up millions and billions.

It is outrageous that these top policemen have amassed such riches considering their meagre salaries in comparison - have them all investigated to see where their wealth came from and punish them accordingly in taking away their assets if they cannot justify where they obtained this money from.

Who do you think they learned the art of enriching themselves from and under whom's watch did they do this? I'll give you a clue, it is the same person and he was the master at it (until he got caught)!!!

I don't care who they are, what part of the political spectrum they come from, whether they are police, army, navy, RAF, doctors, government officials - investigate them all (including the so called graft buster you refer to).

" have to admit that there are some difficulties [in carrying out the task] as the justice system has been influenced [by politics] and cannot carry on their work properly.

Who can actually execute fairly then?

Unless we have another Justice Bao around, things will real change and move on.

Otherwise, one big round all same same.

He insisted that the national anti-corruption directorate had compiled the lists fairly and had no intention whatsoever to persecute or bully any officials, after he paid a fine for not having a driver's license. The PM refused a receipt. cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Corrupted may mean anything if he use the article 44.

Thai law has already many ways to deal with corruption efficiently.

Using 44 may hints that the trials will be anything except fair

"Thai law has already many ways to deal with corruption efficiently."

Well not quite true, which is why the good general is ramping it up and using stronger measures.

"...efficiently." Well the irony is that the last government reduced the resources, the power to find & investigate and punish corruption and also reduced the budget for the same.

Yes it has the laws needed, just not used or used by corrupted people.

However using 44 just means that everyone the Dear Leader think is corrupted (or not in the line of the politic he wants) will be corrupted...

Don't play the dumb, we all know that this kind of law may be used to evict anyone who is not "adjusted"

Speaking of comprehension issues Lucky, it would be nice to see you back in the Police Hatchet man thread where you miss comprehended his wealth for 11.5 million baht instead of 11.5 million dollars.

This is not miscomprehension, simply something I misread at the time. Have you not noticed the amount of times journalists make this mistake in mixing up millions and billions.

It is outrageous that these top policemen have amassed such riches considering their meagre salaries in comparison - have them all investigated to see where their wealth came from and punish them accordingly in taking away their assets if they cannot justify where they obtained this money from.

Who do you think they learned the art of enriching themselves from and under whom's watch did they do this? I'll give you a clue, it is the same person and he was the master at it (until he got caught)!!!

I don't care who they are, what part of the political spectrum they come from, whether they are police, army, navy, RAF, doctors, government officials - investigate them all (including the so called graft buster you refer to).

Yes yes, they have ONLY done it since TS came to power..... I've heard it all now!

They wont be investigated by the way, therein lies one of the main problems.... selective enforcement of the law.... and even that is pretty lackadaisical as I cannot remember anyone of wealth ever going to prison for corruption here (or anything else for that matter), other than the CIB chap.

• Like 1

Yes yes, they have ONLY done it since TS came to power..... I've heard it all now!

They wont be investigated by the way, therein lies one of the main problems.... selective enforcement of the law.... and even that is pretty lackadaisical as I cannot remember anyone of wealth ever going to prison for corruption here (or anything else for that matter), other than the CIB chap.

It lessens the chances when they are allowed to run away to a foreign country in order to avoid a jail sentence, I must admit!!

I hope that Yingluck is rich enough for you.

It lessens the chances when they are allowed to run away to a foreign country in order to avoid a jail sentence, I must admit!!

So one person in history for a land sale issue, which even the head of the bank, now the economic minister to the Junta said was fine.....need i say more.....

So one person in history for a land sale issue, which even the head of the bank, now the economic minister to the Junta said was fine.....need i say more.....

I don't care what the head of the bank say's it was not fine - he should have gone to prison for abuse of position and fraud.

I want to say more......what about the other 15 charges that are waiting to be brought against him. Oh!! and when he absent mindedly transferred millions of shares to his maids and chauffeurs by mistake as a massive tax avoidance scam and this was accepted as a legitimate excuse!!!

Do me a favour!! He is as bent as they come and his police buddies simply were allowed to follow in his footsteps thinking they they were untouchable.

I don't care what the head of the bank say's it was not fine - he should have gone to prison for abuse of position and fraud.

I want to say more......what about the other 15 charges that are waiting to be brought against him. Oh!! and when he absent mindedly transferred millions of shares to his maids and chauffeurs by mistake as a massive tax avoidance scam and this was accepted as a legitimate excuse!!!

Do me a favour!! He is as bent as they come and his police buddies simply were allowed to follow in his footsteps thinking they they were untouchable.

I have never said he was not corrupt. You said that this all happened under the watch of TS, and i corrected you that its being going on since the beginning of time.

I presume the current police chief only joined the force when the Junta took over, otherwise i am sure he would of brought them to book when this was going on? or he was to busy accumulating money... but yes i am sure that's all because of TS.....

Do you include General Prawit's brother in your police buddies list? you know the one who was head of the police when they cracked down on the PAD in 2008 under a TS proxy Govt?

In addition you dont care what the head of the bank says who was involved in the deal.... okay, maybe lets defer to your superior knowledge of the issueclap2.gif

...unless they express support for Prayut, in which case they 'have done nothing wrong'.

Probably too late to drop that "no " from your member name? Of course, you might just have written down your opinion only.

Ever heard of 'yes men'. Would you have said 'cannot' if the paymaster said to you 'It's OK isn't it'? Nobody would have dared.

Ever thought that abuse of power laws are there for a very good reason, in all countries? Basically to stop unethical people in positions of power using that power to sell of the common wealth of all Thais to themselves / their families / their cronies. Or perhaps you believe they should be allowed to do this?

Have you forgotten that he was convicted during the reign of his own dictatorship?

He had the right to appeal. He made no attempt to appeal.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Will he be sorting out all corrupt officials or just the one`s he wants to because the only one`s being investigated are from the colour he doesn`

It would seem PM Prayut will start with the (first) list of 100 corrupt government bureaucrats he received a week ago. The OP mentions the NACC will give him two more lists. As for colour, height, weight, age and gender, no information provided (yet)

He says himself that difficulties have been faced due to the Justice system being influenced by politicians. The judicial system is one of the first areas that needed to be reformed, you could have the strongest police force in the world, but if actual judicial system can be influenced it is useless the authorities even trying to bring people to book for wrong doing.

I thought Prayut said the other day to have trust in the judicial system....

Exactly. The judicial system is the first that needs reform and cleaning up. Never met a poor judge in Thailand I have to say.

• Like 1

Corrupted may mean anything if he use the article 44.

Thai law has already many ways to deal with corruption efficiently.

Using 44 may hints that the trials will be anything except fair

"Thai law has already many ways to deal with corruption efficiently."

Well not quite true, which is why the good general is ramping it up and using stronger measures.

"...efficiently." Well the irony is that the last government reduced the resources, the power to find & investigate and punish corruption and also reduced the budget for the same.

Yes it has the laws needed, just not used or used by corrupted people.

However using 44 just means that everyone the Dear Leader think is corrupted (or not in the line of the politic he wants) will be corrupted...

Don't play the dumb, we all know that this kind of law may be used to evict anyone who is not "adjusted"

Actually you are the one who sounds like the adjusted one. Did you do your schooling in a red school ? whistling.gif

Ever heard of 'yes men'. Would you have said 'cannot' if the paymaster said to you 'It's OK isn't it'? Nobody would have dared.

Ever thought that abuse of power laws are there for a very good reason, in all countries? Basically to stop unethical people in positions of power using that power to sell of the common wealth of all Thais to themselves / their families / their cronies. Or perhaps you believe they should be allowed to do this?

Have you forgotten that he was convicted during the reign of his own dictatorship?

..............................."Have you forgotten that he was convicted during the reign of his own dictatorship?"...............................

Forgotten ? I doubt if he even knew it to start with ! And if he did he is probably in denial, a-la red mentality.

Your alleging that the current Deputy Prime Minister was paid lackey of TS?

Your alleging that the current Deputy Prime Minister was paid lackey of TS?

Actually he was referring to the PPP led government with PM Somchai, all in 2008. Now which current DPM was part of that government?