Immigration no longer doing Residency Certificates..?

A friend of mine today went into Map Ta Phut Immigration (Rayong) to get a couple of Residency Certificates as he's selling a couple of motor bikes..

He was pointed to a sign that instructs that they no longer issue Residency Certificates, and he was told he must now go to the Consulate in BKK.

Anyone else seen similar things in other provinces..? It would be a serious problem for those living in the more distant provinces, but bad enough for us here...

TIA..

Immigration sent me to another office in chiang mai. Can't remember the name but it's not far from central plaza. If anyone needs to know I can look it up.

That is the immigration office for migrant workers where you were sent In Chiang Mai.

Is is possible to obtain a residency certificate from a police station? Especially in areas in which it is not possible to get one at the local immigration office?

There have been reports of a few police stations doing them. I would say at least 95% probably will not do them.

There are even a few Amphoes that will do them.

• Like 1

There are a few other offices that do not do certificates of residency. It is up to the local office as to whether to do them or not. It is not something the have to do.

Thanks Joe,

Rayong used to issue them for a 3-500bt "fee" until very recently (like last month).. Maybe they stopped because someone complained about the "fee".

Immigration sent me to another office in chiang mai. Can't remember the name but it's not far from central plaza. If anyone needs to know I can look it up.

I guess that's the one opposite Promenada, that's pretty well hidden behind a bunch of other buildings by the road side?

It is nowhere near Central Plaza!

As another poster says, it is opposite Promenada shopping centre.

Was there yesterday, nice little process, fill out the form (begrudgingly hand over 500 baht) and pick up the next day.

Can these residence certificates be used when applying for a Drivers Licence.

I know the certificate from the British Embassy costs around 2000 baht..

If I could get a certificate from the Thai Samut Prakan Immigration office for around 500 baht I would be delighted..

If I could get a certificate from the Thai Samut Prakan Immigration office for around 500 baht I would be delighted..

A certificate of residence will be accepted to get a DL. That is what most people get them for.

A certificate of residence will be accepted to get a DL. That is what most people get them for.

Excellent - Please can you confirm what is required (document wise) to get the certificate of residence from an Immigration office?

Thanks - this is good news for today..

Excellent - Please can you confirm what is required (document wise) to get the certificate of residence from an Immigration office?

Thanks - this is good news for today..

For me it was the form requesting the certificate, passport picture and current extention page copies and signed copies of blue book and house owner's ID.

Yesterday I when to the immigration office opposite promenade get it done 10-15 min . collect today 1300-1600pm.

Before in nonthaburi (not Chang wattana) they did not do them either now they do but for a fee. To be honest I prefer to pay that fee instead of paying the fee for the embassy.

Rob ...that's useful to know .. what is "the fee" just in case. They used to issue it free and then stopped a couple of years ago.. so I got a Yellow Book and so far have managed with that.

Yesterday afternoon I went for my annual extension ...was seen 5 minutes after arriving ... was told I needed to supply a copy of the house book ... didn't remember been asked for it last year ...anyway my wife went and fetched it ...so that added an hour!

The very nice officer prepared my extension and Re-entry permit whilst my wife went to fetch the Blue Book. So 5 minutes after my wife arrived with the book we were on our way home.

I noticed a big difference there from last I went ... they were all happy, smiling and joking ...just like in the distant past - long may it continue.

... AS YET they don't do 90 Day ON LINE

Edited by JAS21

A quick update - I went to the immigration office in Samut Prakan and asked to do a Residency Certificate application..

I was told to go to my consulate..

Despite living in Samut Prakan is it possible to go to one of the other Immigration offices or will they just refuse and tell me to go to my local office?

Is is possible to obtain a residency certificate from a police station? Especially in areas in which it is not possible to get one at the local immigration office?

There have been reports of a few police stations doing them. I would say at least 95% probably will not do them.

There are even a few Amphoes that will do them.

We wanted to save ourselves the drive to Immigration so went to the local police station.

Nobody seemed to understand what we were doing there.

Waited two hours.

I got my finger prints taken!

I paid ฿800.-! The guy, when he eventually turned up had a gun. I said yes sir, as you would. He proposed that I pay him ฿20 000.- and I would never have to go to Immigration again...

I then understood why everybody was grinning and and looking at us...

• Like 1