I think they have a problem

Anthony5

Unsurprisingly here, it's all a question of money: underground cabling generally costs somewhere between 5 and 10 times as much to install as overhead cabling.

http://www.elp.com/articles/powergrid_international/print/volume-18/issue-2/features/underground-vs-overhead-power-line-installation-cost-comparison-.html

How many Thais do you know who would happily pay 10 times more for something elegant and long-lasting when one can do a messy and less reliable job for 10 times less?

Get a few of the boys to push them back up to there almost straight position, stamp the ground around to compact it. Jobs a goodun.

How true. You probably remember my thread some time ago when someone damaged an electric pole opposite my house.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776806-how-long-before-my-house-will-be-destroyed/?p=8676049

This was the pole when it was broken leaning towards my house post-222439-0-42869900-1429774102_thumb. and this was the same pole after they replaced it post-222439-0-50151700-1429774116_thumb.

• Like 1

Just around the corner from me, we were out of power from about 11am to 8pm. One of the nastiest storm since I moved here.

Please don't spoil the fun for the Thai bashers whistling.gif

With the highly developed infrastructure in their homecountry like USA such damage would never happen.

They have unbreakable wooden poles cheesy.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just around the corner from me, we were out of power from about 11am to 8pm. One of the nastiest storm since I moved here.

Please don't spoil the fun for the Thai bashers whistling.gif

With the highly developed infrastructure in their homecountry like USA such damage would never happen.

They have unbreakable wooden poles cheesy.gif

Yeah, but termites and aother insects eat the wooden poles here in Thailand. They wouldn't last long. cheesy.gif

Edited by BB1950

My house is still out of electric because of this. Luckily I had another place to put my stuff from the fridge in.

The weight of the thousands of telecom cables on those feeble toothpicks probably did not help. Now I wonder if they'll get internet back this year or not. ISP's track record is below any adjectives known to man.

Nong Hin Would seem to be in NE Thailand which is nowhere near Pattaya, as we do not have a NE Forum I will move this into the general forum

i don't know the location of Nong Hin but in our vicinity (1½ km east of Sukhumvit highway) same same happened.

result: yesterday no power from 10.45 till 22.45hrs. today from 14.00 till 19.00hrs.

GOD bless my inverters!

addendum: wife just told me this is about 1km from us (as the crow flies).

Edited by Naam

Unsurprisingly here, it's all a question of money: underground cabling generally costs somewhere between 5 and 10 times as much to install as overhead cabling.

http://www.elp.com/articles/powergrid_international/print/volume-18/issue-2/features/underground-vs-overhead-power-line-installation-cost-comparison-.html

How many Thais do you know who would happily pay 10 times more for something elegant and long-lasting when one can do a messy and less reliable job for 10 times less?

The issue of cost is mainly associated with high voltage power lines. The majority of the overhead lines in Thai urban areas are not power lines but a spahgetti of fiber=optic and telephone land lines that can suffice underground in cheap, easy to install seal PVC lines.

Edited by Srikcir