register missing wife

battersea

After getting a lot of good advice on here i decided to give it another go with my wife..post partum i thought.

So we had a bust up...she got the knives out again and then ...when i would not give her the kids ..she ran off.

First she went to BKK and now the in laws tell me she has gone to America.

The in laws are helping me look after my 9 mth old daughter at night and i take care of my 2 yr old son day and night.

The wife has ny son's passports thai and uk and i have my daughters.

I have asked the lawyer on here what to do and he has told me to file for divorce and custody. I had a consultation with the best lawyers in Thailand and they told me custody was very tricky..better try that in UK they said.i would gladly get them on a plane to UK but i do not know what this lunatic will do. Her parents say they have no contact with her even though they admit she is working illegally in the US. I feel ostracised and dependent on a bunch of peasants who are good willed but cannot see their daughters violent nature.i am tempted to take the kids to another part of LOS to avoid their contradictions but do not know the legalities of this...

A divorce is imminent but desertion has to be a minimum of a year....meanwhile i cannot even get a nanny to help me keep the 2 kids together....i am in the bloddy jungle....any advice appreciated...do i go to the police and tell them ahe has gone?

Move out of the jungle...

You will find a nanny somewhere civilized.

Then wait out the year, file for divorce and custody.

In the mean time, you could apply for a new passport for your for your son.

Better to get moving rather than sit around procrastinating.

Good luck

Indeed, the sooner the OP takes steps to cut off any way of HER contacting HIM and the kids, the easier it will be to get an uncontested divorce on grounds of separation. The longer he stays in the 'jungle' and contactable via his in-laws, the greater risk of the dodgy soon-to-be-ex-wife queering the pitch. Having the in-laws take care of the youngest one may be very convenient but it could be a big short-circuit on any plans for 100% separation and eventual divorce. The OP will also have to keep them entirely in the dark.

If the OP has the resources and all the paperwork to apply for new passports, he should take steps to cancel and replace the childrens passports that are in the mothers possession.

If there's any way to secure a legal, temporary child custody award IN THAILAND, then this would be an added security if she finds out that the OP has 'done a runner' but is still in Thailand and she gets the police involved.

The legal advice "...better try that in UK" is obviously easier said than done. If Thai Immigration ask to see some written approval for overseas travel from the mother, nobody is leaving. Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't based on the experience of a friend of mine. As for "...i would gladly get them on a plane to UK but i do not know what this lunatic will do." What can she do once you and the kids are in the UK and you have secured legal custody via the UK courts?

Good luck with this.

Sorry..but I have doubts she is in the US, only if she had already US visa or good condition in getting it. About your daughters with her. Without your written consent, if the children are minors, may not get into the plane, and surely not passing the US customs. You may get info about she arriving in the US at the US Embassy here, explaining your case.

OP - to get the kids out of the country, you need the mother's permission. Other threads have more info on this and exceptions (if there are any): have you thought of filing a missing person's report with the police? If nothing else, you'll have a piece of paper that might serve you well at some later stage. Best of luck, and look after those kids - they're precious.

Edited by cdnvic
Removed deleted quote

My wife has a 10 year US tourist visa but i believe she is working illegally in her auntie's restaurant.I have already informed the US Border Control that my wife may take my children.

I COULD get a new UK passport for my son and that would be straightforward but would thai immigration give me a problem? i have his birth certificate and my name is on it,,as well as the marriage certificate but if they entered his id number,,wouldn't it show that he did previously have a thai passport ? how would i explain that ? Could i just show his birth certificate and say he has not been overseas since his birth ? I have called the MFA and they said that if my wife is overseas she would have to sign a document in a thai consulate in US authorising a new thai passport for my son..its not easy.

i have my daughter's thai and uk passport so that would be a little easier ?

I also have to work in London for 2 mths in July so i cannot leave my kids with a nanny....even though i would love to get out of this jungle....

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has a 10 year US tourist visa but i believe she is working illegally in her auntie's restaurant.I have already informed the US Border Control that my wife may take my children.

I COULD get a new UK passport for my son and that would be straightforward but would thai immigration give me a problem? i have his birth certificate and my name is on it,,as well as the marriage certificate but if they entered his id number,,wouldn't it show that he did previously have a thai passport ? how would i explain that ? Could i just show his birth certificate and say he has not been overseas since his birth ? I have called the MFA and they said that if my wife is overseas she would have to sign a document in a thai consulate in US authorising a new thai passport for my son..its not easy.

i have my daughter's thai and uk passport so that would be a little easier ?

I also have to work in London for 2 mths in July so i cannot leave my kids with a nanny....even though i would love to get out of this jungle....

sorry to hear about your plight, hope it all works out, but good to see that you are a ''Good Father'' and are thinking of your Kids...

Best of Luck....