Pies In Thailand

There are many farang pie options in Thailand...Especially Bangkok and Pattaya.

But to be honest, I have been disappointed by a few of them.

After lenghy searches on the internet I have found many suppliers but obviously I can't try every one...I was hoping members here could offer recommendations for a good, honest, steak and kidney and a great cornish pasty.

The wife wants to add extra food items to her bar in Bangkok and doesn't want to serve any old mush.

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in Buriram at the start of the month and had a steak pie from Jimmys sports bar - the whole plate was great !

I don't think he gets his pies from the Buriram Pie man, but if he does, I can thoroughly recommend them.

I love Buriram !

Never ate a meat pie but. if wifey wants to make money add fruit, ( apple,blueberry,peach, etc, ) pies which are all but unobtainable in Thailand. the only one in Pattaya area is an Italian Restaurant, Pan-Pan, and the charge $ 28.00 for a 9 inch APPLE pie !

Never ate a meat pie but. if wifey wants to make money add fruit, ( apple,blueberry,peach, etc, ) pies which are all but unobtainable in Thailand. the only one in Pattaya area is an Italian Restaurant, Pan-Pan, and the charge $ 28.00 for a 9 inch APPLE pie !

Not sure what you mean about fruit pies.

Sunrise Tacos outlets in BKK have long sold very good, custom-prepared fresh apple pies, as well as several other varieties like pumpkin, pecan, etc. Sold both by the piece and whole pies in their restaurants, and by the piece at Villa Markets in BKK.

Likewise, although they're not nearly as good, Foodland supermarket bakeries regularly stock their own pies of various sorts, including berry, apple and some other fruit varieties.

From the Buriram Piemans website:-

Bht 60.00

Apple Pie

Apple Crumble

Apple and Blueberry Pie

Apple and Blueberry Crumble

I work for a Smithfield butcher back in London, but am on a 3 month break with mrs TF at the moment.

4 years ago the last time I was out here for over 3 years near the end of my stay I found a good family run business towards the outskirts of BKK on on nut rd. sadly the fella that owed the business had just passed away and his thai wife was not sure if she was going to keep on running the outlet. Would appreciate it if anyone has any info.

As for the London pie company, likewise, what's his background info etc........?

Cheers, tigerfishjanny.

If one is ever in Nongbua Lamphu. Ty Hanson, an Alabaman (for those who know, know the best pies in USA usually come from the South or made by a southerner) who has a flower shop right across the Nong (lake) right near the corner where Wirapon hospital is. He does Steak, Steak and onion, chicken. all for sixty baht. they are personal pies. You can also get some pies at Fuzzy Kens in Udon, but he charges like a hundred baht.....be warned, Ty loves to talk about how much he hates Barack Obama the current Administration...but honestly he isn't smart enough or have enough information on the subject to really be talking about it. When he opens his mouth he just seems stupid.....anyway, the pies are fantastic!

PS: I am not sure about delivery. I know he will deliver personally to Udon because he makes a lot of pies for guesthouses and some falang bar I think. It appears the OP is in Bangkok, so this post probably isn't much help anyway as I do not think Ty delivers to Bangers...

Edited by Smurkster

Go to VillaMart. They sell the Aussie meat pies. I think they are made in Pattaya. You find them in the freezer. They are as good as any mince pie I have eaten in Australia. And a good size weighty serve at that. I bring them back frozen by the suitcase to my home in Vietnam.

That sounds fair... if it's 3 feet wide.

xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOIWmyHCF1

The problem is with the puff pastry here. Yorkies pies are ok.

I have seen Yorkie pies in Foodmart Jomtien with a 3 week use by date, they are stored in an open chiller also not cling wrapped, they must be full of presevatives to last this long, no thank you

The problem is with the puff pastry here. Yorkies pies are ok.

I have seen Yorkie pies in Foodmart Jomtien with a 3 week use by date, they are stored in an open chiller also not cling wrapped, they must be full of presevatives to last this long, no thank you

I find their prices to be uneconomic and their price is not matched by quality.

Pricey and good (like the Aussie Lady pies) and I can cope with, but poor quality and high prices I cannot.

The best pies I have ever had are from Yorkies the Bucher in Pattaya they sell wholesale to shops you can also go into Friendship Supermarket South Rd they have a large fridge just for pies. Yorkies will put your orders on a bus to BBK. Full range of pies, Pork, S/Kid, sausage rolls Cornish, meat/potatoe etc.