Man dies from injuries after truck runs over his body

webfact

Man dies from injuries after truck runs over his body
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430038841_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A 55-year-old Thai man died at Thalang Hospital after he was found lying on the ground with his intestines popped out of his body and two legs broken following a motorbike accident in Baan Manik on Saturday night (April 25).

Thalang police received a tip from locals that an accident had occurred in Baan Manik.

The man, Winai Mobmai, 55, fell from his motorbike and, while on the ground, witnesses told police that a white pick up truck had allegedly run over him at high speed and fled the scene.

When police and rescue team personnell arrived on scene, they found the Winai laying on the ground in a gruesome state, including two broken legs, and was barely breathing.

Winai died in Thailang hospital as a result of his injuries.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-dies-from-injuries-after-truck-runs-over-his-body-52027.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-27

How can you run over someone, and not STOP...

How could you live with yourself after doing something like that ????

Seems to be only in ''Thailand''...

So So Sad.....

This has been discussed so so many times here on Thaivisa. It is allowed by law to drive away from an accident so long as the driver report to any police station within 24 hours. This seems to be an Asian custom as it's not uncommon for the crowd to assult (even kill) the driver. But .. It also allows the driver to sober up from drink or drugs ...

• Like 2

So So Sad.....

Yes, that sort of thing only happens in Thailand. What sort of blinkered world do you live in?

This reminds me of some videos I was watching on YouTube yesterday about car accidents. It was a compilation of car accidents in Russia, where the insurance laws require every car to have a dash cam. Some were funny, some were serious. But the one thing I noticed in about 95% percent of them is that people actually, stopped, and got out of their cars to inspect the damage in the minor ones. No yelling and screaming at others, no guns pulled and shooting the other guy, and in the serious accidents, people NOT involved, actually stopped to try and help.

Compare that to Thailand, where NO ONE dares stop, and everyone does a runner.

Back in the US, I've stopped at a number of accidents scenes to try and help when I could, do to my background and training, and even managed to save a couple of lives. Never worried about being sued by anyone, and quietly accepted the thanks and gratitude I received from victims and family.

Again, compare that to Thailand.

"Compare that to Thailand, where NO ONE dares stop, and everyone does a runner."

There seems to be no limit to the nonsense some people come up with.

• Like 2

It was a compilation of car accidents in Russia, where the insurance laws require every car to have a dash cam. Some were funny, some were serious. But the one thing I noticed in about 95% percent of them is that people actually, stopped, and got out of their cars to inspect the damage in the minor ones. No yelling and screaming at others, no guns pulled and shooting the other guy, and in the serious accidents, people NOT involved, actually stopped to try and help.

Strangely enough, I was also just looking at some of the Russian accident YouTube videos as I'm looking at getting a car cam. That is also something that stood out to me that they always stopped, including witnesses to it, and try to help out.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This reminds me of some videos I was watching on YouTube yesterday about car accidents. It was a compilation of car accidents in Russia, where the insurance laws require every car to have a dash cam. Some were funny, some were serious. But the one thing I noticed in about 95% percent of them is that people actually, stopped, and got out of their cars to inspect the damage in the minor ones. No yelling and screaming at others, no guns pulled and shooting the other guy, and in the serious accidents, people NOT involved, actually stopped to try and help.

Back in the US, I've stopped at a number of accidents scenes to try and help when I could, do to my background and training, and even managed to save a couple of lives. Never worried about being sued by anyone, and quietly accepted the thanks and gratitude I received from victims and family.

It was a compilation of car accidents in Russia, where the insurance laws require every car to have a dash cam. Some were funny, some were serious. But the one thing I noticed in about 95% percent of them is that people actually, stopped, and got out of their cars to inspect the damage in the minor ones. No yelling and screaming at others, no guns pulled and shooting the other guy, and in the serious accidents, people NOT involved, actually stopped to try and help.

Strangely enough, I was also just looking at some of the Russian accident YouTube videos as I'm looking at getting a car cam. That is also something that stood out to me that they always stopped, including witnesses to it, and try to help out.

Well, the videos that were posted on YouTube show those that stopped, obviously. That doesn't mean everyone involved in that kind of incident stopped. If there was any way that they could be identified they're hardly going to post videos of themselves doing a runner, are they?

Those videos don't indicate that Russians, or any other nationalities, are any more righteous or honourable than Thais.

Edited by Sviss Geez

When I was in SAF in the 70s I was strongly advised to never stop if involved in this type of accident as to do so could place my life at risk.

Also, many years ago, it was considered very unwise to stop if you ran over a local while traversing Aboriginal tribal land in the desert regions of Australia. The chances were neither you, nor your vehicle, would be seen again.

Thailand, current day, also has a problem with crowds dispensing their version of roadside justice, so obviously it's more common for drivers to flee in this country.

Incidentally, someone stated on a TV program that the reason so many Russians are terrible drivers is that virtually no one owned or drove cars there prior to about 1991.

Maybe you should search Russian road rage to get a more well rounded perspective.

Where's your evidence that no one stops for accidents considering the lack of road rage and honking in Thailand?

Yes, because everyone knows the US is a non-litigious society and a bastion of upstanding Christian values.

So So Sad.....

No i did not arrive ''YESTERDAY'' and ''I aint living in my own Little Blinkered World'',

I just find this SHOCKING....

no matter how many times i read this kind of thing, i still find it ''DISGUSTING''...

Maybe you should search Russian road rage to get a more well rounded perspective.

Where's your evidence that no one stops for accidents considering the lack of road rage and honking in Thailand?

Where's your evidence that no one stops for accidents considering the lack of road rage and honking in Thailand? - Are you serious, or just new to Thailand. I've been living here steadily for over 7 years, and coming here off and on for over 40, and not once have I seen a Thai stop to help anyone involved in an accident. Those involved to a runner 99% of the time, while witnesses and onlookers merely stare and gawk, but no one lifts a finger to help. I have a senior cop in the family, and a Thai lawyer for a neighbor, and both of them, along with every Thai family member I have (and there's quite of few of them), have told me the same thing - If involved in an accident, get away as fast as you can. If you see an accident, DO NOT stop and try to help. You'll either be blamed for it or sued. Kinda blows what you said out of the water, doesn't it?

Yes, because everyone knows the US is a non-litigious society and a bastion of upstanding Christian values. - Ah, yes, the standard "bash the US" response. But did you ever take the time to consider that those in the US, and most other civilized countries in the world, are taught a different set of moral and ethical standards? Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

• Like 1

Where's your evidence that no one stops for accidents considering the lack of road rage and honking in Thailand? - Are you serious, or just new to Thailand. I've been living here steadily for over 7 years, and coming here off and on for over 40, and not once have I seen a Thai stop to help anyone involved in an accident. Those involved to a runner 99% of the time, while witnesses and onlookers merely stare and gawk, but no one lifts a finger to help. I have a senior cop in the family, and a Thai lawyer for a neighbor, and both of them, along with every Thai family member I have (and there's quite of few of them), have told me the same thing - If involved in an accident, get away as fast as you can. If you see an accident, DO NOT stop and try to help. You'll either be blamed for it or sued. Kinda blows what you said out of the water, doesn't it?

Yes, because everyone knows the US is a non-litigious society and a bastion of upstanding Christian values. - Ah, yes, the standard "bash the US" response. But did you ever take the time to consider that those in the US, and most other civilized countries in the world, are taught a different set of moral and ethical standards? Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

Move house and get new family.

Both claims are simply not true, and neither is your claim that 99% of the people involved in an accident do a runner and nobody helps.

Move house and get new family.

Both claims are simply not true, and neither is your claim that 99% of the people involved in an accident do a runner and nobody helps.

your claim that 99% of the people involved in an accident do a runner and nobody helps. - Sorry, but that is CLEARLY the evidence I've seen. Perhaps you have seen those who haven't run, and if so, good, but I've yet to see one. So my comments are based on MY OWN experiences.

And do those accidents you witnessed account for the totality of accidents throughout Thailand, or perhaps just a small percentage in a limited area(Pattaya, Phuket) based on anecdoctal evidence...

Ah, yes, the standard "bash the US" response.

And youre not bashing Thais?

But did you ever take the time to consider that those in the US, and most other civilized countries in the world, are taught a different set of moral and ethical standards? Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

What are these superior morals/ethical standards you speak of?

And do those accidents you witnessed account for the totality of accidents throughout Thailand, or perhaps just a small percentage in a limited area(Pattaya, Phuket) based on anecdoctal evidence...

But did you ever take the time to consider that those in the US, and most other civilized countries in the world, are taught a different set of moral and ethical standards? Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

First off, the last time I was in Pattaya/Phuket was over 30 years ago, and it will be another 30 before I set foot in them again, by which time I'll probably be dead, so it won't matter.

Second, here in Chiang Mai, and throughout the north and north east, where I have logged quite a few thousands of kilometers, I've seen probably 100 accidents, or more, over the years, and the results are always the same - Do a runner - No one bothers to help.

Third, in the US, and most civilized countries, we are raised to help those in need, as the humanitarian thing to do. Not sure where you're from, and don't really care, but perhaps you were raised differently.

Fourth, I wasn't "bashing Thai". I was commenting on things I have personally witnessed time and time again. So please don't try to fit me in the little square hole inside your mind, because it won't work.

• Like 1

First off, the last time I was in Pattaya/Phuket was over 30 years ago, and it will be another 30 before I set foot in them again, by which time I'll probably be dead, so it won't matter.

Second, here in Chiang Mai, and throughout the north and north east, where I have logged quite a few thousands of kilometers, I've seen probably 100 accidents, or more, over the years, and the results are always the same - Do a runner - No one bothers to help.

Third, in the US, and most civilized countries, we are raised to help those in need, as the humanitarian thing to do. Not sure where you're from, and don't really care, but perhaps you were raised differently.

Fourth, I wasn't "bashing Thai". I was commenting on things I have personally witnessed time and time again. So please don't try to fit me in the little square hole inside your mind, because it won't work.

So based on your anecdotal experience youre basically implying that Thais are uncivilized hypocrites, and their friendliness, kindness towards others and civility on the roads(lack of road rage, honking) amount to nothing.

You should know that 'civilized' countries like the US, UK, AUS have the highest rates of violence, not to mention gun homicides(US) compared to other 'civilized' countries.