Am I being hacked

ghworker2010

I was fast asleep at midnight in dream land and my wife was on fbook and noticed that my profile indicated that I was online. Does this mean that someone has hacked my account.

Not sure if its related but 3 days ago I downloaded facebook application on android. Prior to this I always launched fbook from chrome.

Is it possible that my android phone has been compromised. If so, can you recommend some software to protect it.

thanks

Most Android phones have 3 control tabs on the bottom of the phone. If one of them is 2 slightly offset boxes, tapping that will bring up all running apps with an option to clear all, Swiping left also clears one by one.

In Android phones without the boxes, long pressing the center icon usually brings up running apps with the option to close all.

As alluded to, the FaceBook App on your Android device is continuing to run in the background.

Some apps will only show you 'online' if you have the main app open. But some will show you 'online' if you have enabled 'instant notifications', as you could receive messages 24/7 and be considered 'online' and able to respond to them.

So, you haven't been hacked.

If you close an app in Android, it remains running in the background. So for example if you where using facebook from the phone and then just closed the app without logging of you would still be logged in to the facebook account because the facebook app still runs. The Android system has a memory management and app management system that stops an app automatically when resources is needed for another app that you start up.

Yeh it used to happen to me too.

Im not sure that even closin the app properly using the button on the phone is eben enough. You may need to go into settings and log out.

The app has quite a decent security settings menu that can be accessed inside the app. It will show you everywhere you are currently logged in. I was shocked to see 10-15 sessions running. A lot were listed as in Bangkok but I hadn't been there for months. I am guessing a lot of it is either inaccurate or the IP adresses of all the different fb I had open were companies in bkk eg, 12call 3G. Either way I changed my password to make sure.

Next you can view what apps you have given rights to in your app settings eg, allowing access to thaivisa.com to make log in here easier... Which is fine but maybe there is something suspicious in there you might want to remove.

Finally I can say that for this and many other reasons I found the app to be too overbearing and deleted it. I don't like that they force you to use messanger but would still give me all notifications for msgs despite turning notifications off in settins. I read an article stating all new phones are made with batteries you can't take out so apps like Facebook Messanger can record you as they wish. Facebook Messanger is scary with all the permissions you have to allow.

My advice would be to delete all fb apps. Go into chrome on the Android open fb, login, selecting "keep me logged in" and open chrome browsers options then select "add to homescreen. Now to use fb.just click the fb icon on your homhomescreen. It's basically the same with less bulls...

However browser will not ding ding when you get a message.

If you must have messanger in Thailand I recommend using Trillian as substitute.

Or overseas "Go!Chat for Facebook".

Go chat is better but the google play store is different in different countries and I don't remember seeing go chat in Thailand. Also Trillian stopped working when I returned to Australia. Both these apps circumvent the "seen" thing that fb does. You can even chat with blocked people so ling as your original conversation with them is still open in the chat app and not deleted.

But no I doubt hacked.

For some reason, FB decided to bury the logout button on mobile versions.

But as many have already said, that's why he is still online while asleep. Better to uninstall the app as the OP was probably wasting way too much time FB'ing on the computer as it is.

Radical solution is to kill the account anyway.