Very difficult tourist visa process in Manila

I just stopped by and tried to apply for a single entry tourist visa in the Thai consulate in Manila. The entire place was empty except for a couple people outside. What I heard from the application clerk was a bear to say the least.

They wanted the following things:

Hotel booking/Reservation. I asked them if alternatives to a hotel was ok such as condo rental. The filipino staff asked a lot of questions regarding the ownership of condo?? Apparently this is not allowed now.

Bank certification or copy of credit card. They wanted a full print out of the bank statement showing funds.

Airline ticket reservation (round trip only)

All I can say is..wow. I think i'll just do the visa free entry and shorten my stay to 1 month instead of the 2 months I originally planned.

The embassy in Manila is known for being difficult at times.

The supporting documents they asked for has been reported before. They should accept a condo rental. Tourists do that all time.

You can extend the 30 day visa exempt entry you will get for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht,

The embassy in Manila is known for being difficult at times.

The supporting documents they asked for has been reported before. They should accept a condo rental. Tourists do that all time.

You can extend the 30 day visa exempt entry you will get for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht,

Should I be prepared for any kind of document requests at the airport?

I assume they will ask for proof of exit flight now.

Immigration on entry does not ask for a ticket out of the country. The airline might want to see one out the country within 30 days.

Unless you have made several visa exempt entries immigration will ask for nothing.

Yes, avoid Manila completely. I had to bring in a Filipino consultant that my Thai client specifically requested and despite having all the right paperwork sent over (they acknowledged that it was all correct), they still took 5 working days to process and issue his Non-B.

the Airline will 100% want to see one. No foreigner who travels to Thailand by Air without a proper Visa will be allowed on board of any Airline flying to Thailand without proof of an onward ticket.

Edited by siam2007

the Airline will 100% want to see one. No foreigner who travels to Thailand by Air without a proper Visa will be allowed on board of any Airline flying to Thailand without proof of an onward ticket.

Sometimes only.

While I have been stopped getting on a place to Manila because I did not have an onward ticket, this has never happened when i flew to Thailand (and I never get a visa in advance - only a visa waiver on arrival in Bangkok.

Very easy in Manila as long as you are a true tourist ! Very, very easy !

Well this true tourist didn't feel comfortable showing banking information to a lowly counter clerk (who was quite rude) in a consulate from a country known for serious corruption.

Anyhoo, I just going the visa free route. No harm no foul.

I have many times traveled to Thailand without a visa or onward ticket. On occasion, it has been queried. Generally, it has been enough to explain that I have traveled to Thailand many times, and am quite sure there will be no problem. I twice had to sign a form that indemnified the airline against any costs incurred should I be refused entry into Thailand. I have never been refused boarding. I generally travel only on better airlines, and others may have different experiences.