Taking a thai dog to visit the US

Hello,

So my life and I have a Thai puppy about 7 months old. She is fully potty trained and up to date on her shots. We are looking to go back to the US about a month and a half from now for a 2 month visit and want to take our dog. What are the procedures for getting her to the US and also back into Thailand when we return? Thanks in advance!

I've done this a few times, the most recent 6 weeks ago.

1. Your puppy will need to have all shots and immunizations with a rabies shot done no less than 30 days prior to arrival in the US. (These immunizations will be listed in a "puppy passport" booklet that you carry with you.)

2. Get your puppy's health certificate / examination for export to the US ten days (or less) prior to your departure. (A Thai veterinarian should know where you can get the exam and document in your area.) I think we paid about 100 baht for the exam and certificate.

Although it may or may not be required, I highly recommend getting your puppy a micro chip implant. It provides positive identification and helps in recovery if you ever lose your pet.

http://petfriendlytravel.com/intl_travel#United States

To return your puppy to Thailand it is basically the same as above (except everything costs a lot more).

1. All shots and immunizations need to be done as stated above.

2. Ten days (or less) prior to departure obtain a USDA health certificate signed and stamped by a veterinarian who is accredited by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

We have never been asked for any paperwork or even been asked to see our dog upon landing in the CONUS. Your mileage may vary.