Briton on Indonesia death row fears execution soon

webfact

As a peddler of death to so many, if a Country such as Indonesia has laws that carry the death sentence for major drug offences, then read the laws, and face the concequenses of your actions if you are caught and found guilty.

Your problem Granny

They are all repent but only because they got caught. Had they still been free they would still be running drugs. No mercy just execute them. Think of how many people are being helped by doing that

Execute all the makers of tobacco products and Alcoholic beverages, think of all the people that will be helped by doing that.

Edited by Banzai99

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They are all repent but only because they got caught. Had they still been free they would still be running drugs. No mercy just execute them. Think of how many people are being helped by doing that

Execute all the makers of tobacco products and Alcoholic beverages, think of all the people that will be helped by doing that.

I dont have problem with that but I have not heard of crimes being committed to fuel anyone's drink or tobacco thirst

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I dont have problem with that but I have not heard of crimes being committed to fuel anyone's drink or tobacco thirst

So you've never heard of Alcohol related crime and violence, you come from planet earth I assume ?

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 2

I think it's pointless on a Forum like ThaiVisa as most members here are probably old men from a different era who believe ' Reefer Madness ' is factual.

You're joking right? Dya think today's youth invented getting high?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmmm drug dealer and trafficker feel sympathy na ....Hope the wait won't be too long for her to meet the firing squad !

Are Alcohol and Tobacco the 2 biggest killers in the drug world illegal in Indonesia too, and if not, why not ?

Ah, of course, The worlds governments won't make them illegal for financial and political reasons, they make too much money from the tax of the products and the manufactures of the killers are so powerful and their political donations are so huge, they can't afford to make them illegal, whilst millions suffer.

It's a very dirty business all round, I can drink myself to death or smoke myself to death like Millions of people around the world do, and that's fine, but if I smoke a plant that grows naturally, they'll throw me in Jail and if I've got 500 Gramms of that plant in Singapore they'll kill me, yet I can order 2,000,000 Bottles of Whisky and a Trillion Cigarettes from the same country, open a shop and bring misery to and even kill many many people, young and old, innocent and guilty, and it's all OK, simply because it's taxed and huge companies with lots of political clout produce it.

They are not trying to protect their citizens from the evil of drugs, otherwise Alcohol and Tobacco would be illegal too, those 2 kill millions worldwide every year. bah.gif

It's all about money, and if they ain't making it, it's against the law, if they're making it, it's legal.

Indonesia has the highest rate of smoking in the world, equal to China. More troublesome is the fact that the cigarettes are 'kretek' made with cloves and tobacco ( typically 36mg cf 18 mg for a full strength western cigarette). Any chance of controlling , reducing, discouraging, ....not a hope....the clove monopoly is owned by the kleptocrats who keep Joko in power.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, if you murder your mother and stuff her body in a suitcase you only get 10 years in Hotel K, after using Mummy's money to fund your defence (sorry, pay bribes). Is cold-blooded murder a lesser crime than drug smuggling? It would seem so as even the Bali bombers have been set free after serving short sentences. The Indonesian justice system stinks.

For all those who say drugs cause untold misery and death, they do, but nobody forces a person to take them. If the demand wasn't there, there would be no supply.

Returning to the topic of the OP, the drugs mule, Lindsay Sandiford, got the death penalty but her boss is only serving 6 years after paying off the judiciary in Bali. Is this justice?

I don't think they executed all those that were involved in the Bali bombings and that was a gross act of terrorism.

Yet for domestic political purposes it was deemed good politics to execute a few foreigners for drug trafficking.

The drugs the Aussies were smuggling were not even being smuggled into Indonesia but were being picked up there for shipment to Australia.

I don't think they executed all those that were involved in the Bali bombings and that was a gross act of terrorism.

True, and those that were jailed have now been freed for "good behavour".

IMO this whole business of executing drug smugglers in Indonesia is political. If the President backs down, he will be seen as weak. Even Mary Jane Veloso's execution has not been stopped, but merely postponed according to the President.

Plenty of crimes committed by drunks though - driving while drunk and killing someone, and wife-beating, to name but two.

• Like 1

I think it's pointless on a Forum like ThaiVisa as most members here are probably old men from a different era who believe ' Reefer Madness ' is factual.

You're joking right? Dya think today's youth invented getting high?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not at all, reefer madness wasn't from the 60's it was from the 30's or 40's i believe, and we probably have a fair amount of octogenarians on here who would actually believe that BS, whilst they have stumbled through life in a Alcoholic haze, or a Purple Haze....what are you JT, Purple Haze a 60's flower power child ?.smile.png

Or are you a true ThaiVisa member, never touched any mind altering substances, never been to a girly or boy bar, never broken any laws, etc etc.....

Edited by Banzai99

Plenty of crimes committed by drunks though - driving while drunk and killing someone, and wife-beating, to name but two.

Tell me about it, my Father used to beat my Mother and us Kids when he was drunk, he wasn't a bad man. but the Drug Alcohol made him a monster to us.sober he was ok. I wish it was banned at the time I was a kid.

Edited by Banzai99

Hmmm drug dealer and trafficker feel sympathy na ....Hope the wait won't be too long for her to meet the firing squad !

Are Alcohol and Tobacco the 2 biggest killers in the drug world illegal in Indonesia too, and if not, why not ?

Ah, of course, The worlds governments won't make them illegal for financial and political reasons, they make too much money from the tax of the products and the manufactures of the killers are so powerful and their political donations are so huge, they can't afford to make them illegal, whilst millions suffer.

It's a very dirty business all round, I can drink myself to death or smoke myself to death like Millions of people around the world do, and that's fine, but if I smoke a plant that grows naturally, they'll throw me in Jail and if I've got 500 Gramms of that plant in Singapore they'll kill me, yet I can order 2,000,000 Bottles of Whisky and a Trillion Cigarettes from the same country, open a shop and bring misery to and even kill many many people, young and old, innocent and guilty, and it's all OK, simply because it's taxed and huge companies with lots of political clout produce it.

They are not trying to protect their citizens from the evil of drugs, otherwise Alcohol and Tobacco would be illegal too, those 2 kill millions worldwide every year. bah.gif

It's all about money, and if they ain't making it, it's against the law, if they're making it, it's legal.

Indonesia has the highest rate of smoking in the world, equal to China. More troublesome is the fact that the cigarettes are 'kretek' made with cloves and tobacco ( typically 36mg cf 18 mg for a full strength western cigarette). Any chance of controlling , reducing, discouraging, ....not a hope....the clove monopoly is owned by the kleptocrats who keep Joko in power.

clap2.gifclap2.gif Double like.