Phuket police arrest man with kratom, gun and ammunition

webfact

Phuket police arrest man with kratom, gun and ammunition
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430456034_1-org.jpg
Choktong is currently being held at Phuket City Police Station.

PHUKET: -- Police yesterday (April 30) arrested a man who had in his possession of kratom leaves, a gun and ammunition.

At 7pm, Narcotics police arrested Choktong Pimarnphrom, 56, at his home in Moo 5 Rassada with 9.3 kilos of kratom leaves, a .38 calibre Smith &Wesson pistol, which was registered to another person, and 58 rounds of .38 calibre bullets.

The arrest of Choktong came after police arrested a 17- year-old boy (name withheld for legal reasons) with a kratom cocktail on at 7pm on Wednesday (April 29).

The boy, who is currently being held and is likely to be charged with producing kratom juice without permission, told police who he bought the kratom leaves from and took them to Choktong's home that night but Choktong was not home.

Undercover officers monitored Choktong’shome and witnessed several teenagers going in and out.

Yesterday, at 7 pm, police returned and when Choktong came out of the house they approached him and identified themselves before searching his house.

After being questioned Choktong admitted that he sold kratom leaves to make extra money and showed police where he kept them.

Choktong led police to the back of the house where several kratom leaves were hidden in an ice cooler. Police later found the gun and bullets in the bedroom.

Choktong said he bought the kratom from a Muslim man, whose real he did not know, who lived in Baan Mapraow, Koh Kaew.

Choktong said, "I paid B1,500 per kilo and I bought 15 kilos. My supplier dropped them off at my home at 4:30 today. The pistol and bullets were pawned to me by a man named Gona (unknown last name) for B20,000 seven years ago."

Choktong was taken to Phuket City Police Station and faces being charged with possession of a Category 5 drug with intent to sell and illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-arrest-man-with-kratom-gun-and-ammunition-52122.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-05-01

"After his stay at Mass General, he went off kratom cold turkey. The fascinating thing is that his only withdrawal symptom was a runny noise."

- Scientific American

A runny noise? Who the hell can they be talking about? Surely not someone we all know. . .