Any Delicatessens?

AyG

I'll be visiting Pattaya later this month and was wondering whether there are any delicatessens there stocking imported food or locally produced versions of western food. It would be nice to stock up on things I can't get locally given the opportunity.

Thanks.

There are multiple specialty type stores for different nationalities imported products. Multiple Italian ones, some French. I don't know them all. Try the Italian place on Jomtien 2nd road, opposite side from Rompho Market, not far from Soi 5. I would definitely classify that place as an Italian deli. Packaged goods and deli case.

Try the regular local markets for some local versions of western packaged food.

Friendship Market on Pattaya Tai, Foodmart on Thappraya Jomtien, etc.

The big Thai chains such as Villa less stocking of these small local brands.

Edited by Jingthing

Not really sure what you require

I should have been more specific. I'd really like some stinky French cheeses (Époisses would have me in rapture if available), Cumberland sausages, pork pies, salami, chorizo, good olive oil.

Not really sure what you require

I should have been more specific. I'd really like some stinky French cheeses (Époisses would have me in rapture if available), Cumberland sausages, pork pies, salami, chorizo, good olive oil.

You can get all of that here with multiple choices, though not sure about the specific French cheese you mention.

the Store at the end of North Pattaya Road, just before the right turn into the Naklua Road (right at the roundabout) has a good selection of salamis, french cheeses and sandwich toppings. Check out the map here: http://wikitravel.org/en/File:Pattaya_Map.png

in case you like a good pastrami, check out this new place in Jomtien : http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/

Edited by crazygreg44

• 2 weeks later...

the Store at the end of North Pattaya Road, just before the right turn into the Naklua Road (right at the roundabout) has a good selection of salamis, french cheeses and sandwich toppings.

Thanks. Looking at the map, would that be Fresh Supermarket (on the south side) or Best Supermarket (on the north)? Or am I completely wrong?