Humidity and Skincare

fin5prtw

Every year my skin breaks out terribly during the humid months with spots and acne, which I never really had previously in life! I've tried all sorts, more cleaning, products, toothpaste, masks but nothing clears it up for long... It doesn't help that I am in a fan-less (definitely a/c-less) kitchen most of the day I'm sure... But just wondering whether anyone had any tips as to how I might be able to look less like a spotty teenager during the humid months!!!? Thanks :)

Rice milk soap works very well to clean oily skin. I got the round ones at Makro, 4 for 91B. THe square ones are even better but hard to find, 25-30B each if I can find it.

Picture here: http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Herbal-Whitening-Collagen-Handmade/dp/B00KYS59V8

I use hydrogen peroxide with water to apply on any acne, the acne would stop getting worse and disappear fast.

I have no idea why and how rice soap and hydrogen peroxide worked well for me, and no idea if I am doing something harmful in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever triggers too much sebum to be produced, it's dead skin cells that get in the way, causing the pore get impaired or misshapen, blocking the path for the oil to exit through the pore.

Give a shot to products with acids, they dissolve oil and effectively exfoliate dead skin cells.

The most popular is probably Salicylic acid. There's an affordable Thai brand Dr.Somchai (i buy it at TOPs), they have various products for acne prone skin with Salicylic acid. Other acids (Alpha hydroxy acid, Beta hydroxy acid, fruit acids) work great as well, just try them carefully before applying on the face to make sure you're not allergic.

Here's my personal routine (advised by the dermathologist): cleansing foam with salicilic acid (Dr.Somchai), day and night cream Skinoren (Azelaic acid), exfoliating masks (5-10-15% fruit acids) every other day (various from iHerb). For makeup noncomedogenic sunblock and any mineral powder mixed with Artichoke powder (AcneLine by Ceramine from TOPs market). But my skin is really bad, you might not need so much acids.

I hope this helps! :)

Archived