Officer: Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas

webfact

If islam asks not to depict Mohammed, is it so difficult to go along with that? Do we need to depict him? Don't get me wrong, i detest the violence committed by the muslims because of this fiasco, but it seems that certain people enjoy provoking others under the guise of "free speech"

I don't feel that this scenario playing out before us now is comparable to freedom of speech but rather freedom to insult.

The folks within islam doing this aren't asking. The clue's in the name.

The expectation of compliance for the religious crime of (islamic) blasphemy is unofficially global now, so seems the prescribed sentence of death for anyone who dares disobey. The polite, peaceful pretense was dropped in Europe. It's quite clearly "Comply or Else" now.

Some people lay down and comply. Some stand up, poke the bear and confront nonsense.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I can say is that they asked for it. Free speech or not, we do not need more wars in this world, everyone knows that making fun of Mohammed is not very popular among muslims. But please go ahead, make them more angry , lets have more terror and killings.

So you think that this convention created those two wannabe murderers and terrorists (bomb found in the car apparently) or do you think that they would have found any other slight, no matter how small, to do the exact same type of event and justify their killing of infidels to wage jihad and therefore become martyrs and go to paradise?

Get with the times man and understand the mentality of these people. The times I refer to are the 7th century AD.

Of course the idea of the contest was provocative.

I'm fairly certain that the people that organised this event were aware that this was more offensive than provocative.

It doesn't prove that the US has free speech. All it proves it that the US has some knuckleheads who abuse it.

If I were to wander into a Texas bar and shout that all Texan men are feeble minded limp dicks, I'd expect to get a good kicking.

So, apart from the obvious consequences, what on earth would be the point of me doing it?

To "prove" that I can?

People really can't see the other side of this?

(Again in case anyone is just joining: I have no problem with the police taking out the two men who opened fire over it).

Think it is a bit provocative - but I admire the fact you could actually go ahead with this sort of event in America.

Back home in the UK the Labour Party manifesto contains the pledge to bring in a blasphemy law which prevents you from criticising Islam. Election Day on Thursday .

Many think it is a cynical attempt to woo the Muslim vote.

The really radical Muslims have urged their followers not to vote- they cannot live under man made laws- only Sharia.

( handed down from Allah of course- yeah right!)

Scary times !

According to a CNN news person, the event was an invitation only and not open to the public. He opined he could not have entered without the proper credentials.

The Islamic conference in January was open to the public.

The organizers anticipated trouble so they ponied up $10,000 for additional security from the local authorities. Looks like the security was needed and came in rather handy.

In reference to all those snarky remarks about Texas, CNN also reported most of the attendees at this function were from out of state.

Edited by chuckd

I'm fairly certain that the people that organised this event were aware that this was more offensive than provocative.

It doesn't prove that the US has free speech. All it proves it that the US has some knuckleheads who abuse it.

If I were to wander into a Texas bar and shout that all Texan men are feeble minded limp dicks, I'd expect to get a good kicking.

So, apart from the obvious consequences, what on earth would be the point of me doing it?

To "prove" that I can?

(Again in case anyone is just joining: I have no problem with the police taking out the two men who opened fire over it).

I doubt you would get a good kicking as you suggest.

Those good old boys would likely listen to your British accent, have a good laugh and offer to buy you a beer.

There's a world of things you don't know about Texas.

I thought 7/7 2005 in London was fairly provocative and offensive. You know, 52 innocents dead [really dead and no pretending] going about their daily lives and over 700 innocents injured.

On the US side, there's 9/11 2001. Need I say more.

I/we are more than justified in speaking our minds. Our culture, our country. What's hard to understand?

Thank you and good night.

Edited by wooloomooloo

To "prove" that I can?

The event was a basic and ordinary part of everyday life in the United States and it was normal, natural, typical.

No one was trying to prove anything by having this event or by having anything like it.

The event was an integration of art, culture, politics, religion, civil and civic activity, and much more, all of which are ordinary givens in the daily lives of the people, society and in the community life of the United States as a liberal democracy.

The organizing group and the participants did what Americans normally do in a number of public respects. That it was largely or specifically a response to a Muslim gathering at the site the past January is also a normal and ordinary expression of citizenship and loyalty to nation and to one's own true self, to include religion, all of which are consistent with the Constitution of the United States, in the United States.

No one tried to mass murder the Muslims who had gathered there in January during their event, which is also normal and the norm in the United States.

People who are unaware of the normalcy of the exhibit and contest are the people who, due to their own deficits and deficiencies, think they have something to prove. Their pursuit is just not provable so they would be wise and prudent to reconsider their current campaign of wrongheadedness because wrongheadedness is what it is.

when does free speech become hate speech?

had the even been anti-Semitic rather than directed at Islam how do you think things would have turned out.

i believe all involved guilty, you dont poke the bear and act surprised when he bites.

Had the event been antisemitic in nature there would NOT have been any shootings. Had the event been against Christianity, Hindus, Buddhists or atheists it would also have passed without any shootings. We all know this to be the case but some would rather sleep safely in their beds for the short term whilst ignoring what such cowardice and apathy will inflict on future generations.

http://pamelageller.com/2015/05/cowardly-daily-mail-blacks-out-muhammad-cartoons-in-story-on-shooting.html/

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Presumably there will be another set of competitions to depict Jesus as offensively as possible.

There is no need for a Jesus offensive competition...the depiction of Jesus in a derogatory manner has been going on in the US for decades...where have you been?

I thought 7/7 2005 in London was fairly provocative and offensive. You know, 52 innocents dead [really dead and no pretending] going about their daily lives and over 700 innocents injured.

On the US side, there's 9/11 2001. Need I say more.

I/we are more than justified in speaking our minds. Our culture, our country. What's hard to understand?

Thank you and good night.

Firstly I think the West has more than evened up the fatality count, not that it seems to matter.

Secondly, since when is taking the piss out of Islam "your country, your culture"?

Islam is a political ideology more than it is a religion and it needs to be eradicated from this world by any means.

I think theocracy suits it better........agree with the eradication bit.

The event was a basic and ordinary part of everyday life in the United States and it was normal, natural, typical.

No one was trying to prove anything by having this event or by having anything like it.

Oh, I would suggest that they were. And on that front, mission accomplished.

Pamela Geller, whose American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, declared on Sunday that "the war is here" after two heavily armed suspects were killed outside the Curtis Culwell Centre in Garland, north of Dallas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11581156/Garland-shooting-Who-is-Pamela-Geller-and-the-American-Freedom-Defence-Initiative.html

Gee, more idiotic bigots from Texas. Well done.

Yep, well done. The two terrorists bit the dust in a matter of seconds after opening fire. Glad those bigots are gone for good.

Edited by zydeco

422,000 Muslims in Texas (2010 Estimate) 421,998 went on about their lives just like the rest of us, making a living and tending their lawns, and raising a family.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure a few dozen Christians (and maybe a few Muslims- who knows) robbed liquor stores and burglarized homes somewhere in Texas on the very same day.

Edited by impulse

Pamela Geller, whose American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, declared on Sunday that "the war is here" after two heavily armed suspects were killed outside the Curtis Culwell Centre in Garland, north of Dallas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11581156/Garland-shooting-Who-is-Pamela-Geller-and-the-American-Freedom-Defence-Initiative.html

And perhaps you should google up "Southern Poverty Law Center fraud," before you quote the $PLC as a reliable source on anything other than raising money from the gullible.

I want to see names and bodies. There's speculation this was all a hoax to stir up islamaphobia, that Geller fabricated the event. Let's wait and see.

And in other news, the moon landing was a hoax, there is no gold in Ft. Knox, and the Queen of England is part of an international conspiracy to establish a single worldwide government ruled by the freemasons.

422,000 Muslims in Texas (2010 Estimate) 421,998 went on about their lives just like the rest of us, making a living and tending their lawns, and raising a family.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure a few dozen Christians (and maybe a few Muslims- who knows) robbed liquor stores and burglarized homes somewhere in Texas on the very same day.

You have no evidence or statistics to back that claim up. You can just as easily say that 421,998 Muslims in Texas were in total support of the 2 terrorists today and were hoping they would kill every infidel in sight. Your way just perpetuates the "moderate Muslim" myth however. Edited by KunMatt

There are pre-exhibit samples of the art drawings that were on display and that were a part of the $10K prize competition in Garland TX at this link

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/05/02/sold-out-may-3rd-muhammad-art-exhibit-and-contest-in-garland-texas-photos/

Here is the declared winning entry of the $10K prize:

muhammed-sword-winner.png

Winner “You Can’t Draw Me” – Bosch Fawstin

Edited by Publicus

There are pre-exhibit samples of the art drawings that were on display and that were a part of the $10K prize competition in Garland TX at this link

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/05/02/sold-out-may-3rd-muhammad-art-exhibit-and-contest-in-garland-texas-photos/

Here is the declared winning entry of the $10K prize:

muhammed-sword-winner.png

Winner “You Can’t Draw Me” – Bosch Fawstin

Looks more like the Wolverine.

tongue.png

You have no evidence or statistics to back that claim up. You can just as easily say that 421,998 Muslims in Texas were in total support of the 2 terrorists today and were hoping they would kill every infidel in sight. Your way just perpetuates the "moderate Muslim" myth however.
Thanks for enlightening me, I never thought people were actually thinking the way you are.

Pamela Geller, whose American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, declared on Sunday that "the war is here" after two heavily armed suspects were killed outside the Curtis Culwell Centre in Garland, north of Dallas.[/size]

These far-left idiots have a bad track record. The Southern Poverty Law Center also described the Family Research Council - a conservative Christian organization - as a '"hate group" , because of their traditional stance on marriage. They were attacked by an armed terrorist who admitted he chose his target based on the the Southern Poverty Law Center web site. An affidavit filed in the case stated that Corkins had told the guard of the building that 'I dont like your politics.'

Edited by Ulysses G.

I want to see names and bodies. There's speculation this was all a hoax to stir up islamaphobia, that Geller fabricated the event. Let's wait and see.

I'd be more inclined to suspect this was a tragic mistake where some rowdy Texas kids popped off a few rounds while driving in exactly the wrong neighborhood.

The same old apologists for radical Islam making the same old excuses, justifications and distortions.

You have no evidence or statistics to back that claim up. You can just as easily say that 421,998 Muslims in Texas were in total support of the 2 terrorists today and were hoping they would kill every infidel in sight. Your way just perpetuates the "moderate Muslim" myth however.
Thanks for enlightening me, I never thought people were actually thinking the way you are.

Here's a little bit more enlightenment for you to think about;

http://youtu.be/EYAcLudBbhg

Try to turn this onto me if you want, that's the usual political correctness go to argument.

These far-left idiots have a bad track record. The Southern Poverty Law Center also described the Family Research Council - a conservative Christian organization - as a '"hate group" , because of their traditional stance on marriage. They were attacked by an armed terrorist who admitted he chose his target based on the the Family Research Council web site. An affidavit filed in the case stated that Corkins had told the guard of the building “that ‘I don’t like your politics.

Yes but in fairness the FRC really, really hate gays.