Emirates Airline plane makes emergency landing at Phuket

webfact

The Nation

PHUKET: -- An Emirates Airline plane made an emergency landing at the Phuket International Airport at 9:45 pm Tuesday night after a 66-year-old female passenger suffered a heart attack on board.

After the flight TEL 470 landed, Suhaila Obaid Amer Alaleeli was rushed to the Thalang Hospital but she has already died. The plane took from Abudabi heading to Hong Kong.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Emirates-Airline-plane-makes-emergency-landing-at--30259422.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-06

Think someone got it wrong Emerities does not fly from Abu Dubi to Hong Kong

Also, if a plane was flying from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong, what would it be doing anywhere near Phuket, even in an emergency.

Emirates code is EK not TL.

Emirates plane seeks emergency landing at Phuket airport after a passenger suffers acute stroke

6-5-2558-15-19-16-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PHUKET: -- An Emirates Airline plane made an emergency landing at Phuket international airport after one of its passenger suffered acute heart stroke.

According to Thai Rath Online,The Emirates Airline’s Flight EL 470 was on its way from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong when the pilot contacted the control tower in Phuket at 9.45 pm Sunday night seeking emergency landing.

According to Phuket airport, the pilot sought landing permission when one of its female passenger, identified as 66-year-old Suhaila Obaid Amer Alaleeli suffered acute stroke.

The plane landed at 11.30 pm Sunday night and she was immediately rushed to Thalang hospital.

But she was pronounced dead before arrival at the hospital.

Thalang district police were notified of the death of the Emirati citizen and were coordinating with the UAE Embassy in Bangkok to arrange the return of her body back for burial.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/emirates-plane-seeks-emergency-landing-at-phuket-airport-after-a-passenger-suffers-acute-stroke

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-06

How can a reporter get so simple facts wrong? Makes you wonder what else is wrong in all those stories.

Also note that the same mistakes are made by several news outlets meaning they just copy paste from each other. And the flight number prefix is different every time :)

I had two experiences on Emirates several years ago.

Flying from Birmingham/Dubai a passenger died during the flight. We landed somewhere like Bucharest (can't remember the actual country - sorry) and the body was taken off. We then sat on the tarmac for ages. Eventually the pilot advised us that they wouldn't release the plane until the refuelling bill was paid!. It took ages and obviously I missed my connection.

The second one was when we took off from Birmingham in a brand new B777. The pilot informed us we had 'lost' a part of the aircraft on the take off and that we were being diverted to Gatwick for an emergency landing, after we had dumped some fuel. It turned out that part of the undercarriage 'cowling' had been found on the Birmingham runway. landed at Gatwick OK but then the chaos started.

On both occasions I received a business class upgrade, simply because I pointed out that I had lost the first day of my 7 day holiday. Was told most people don't bother to contact Emirates afterwards. Felt a bit iffy about the first one, due to a tragic death.

My point about this post is I always found Emirates an excellent airline when they were getting established but now I think they are becoming complacent to some extent.

Flying from Birmingham/Dubai a passenger died during the flight. We landed somewhere like Bucharest (can't remember the actual country - sorry) and the body was taken off. We then sat on the tarmac for ages. Eventually the pilot advised us that they wouldn't release the plane until the refuelling bill was paid!. It took ages and obviously I missed my connection.

The second one was when we took off from Birmingham in a brand new B777. The pilot informed us we had 'lost' a part of the aircraft on the take off and that we were being diverted to Gatwick for an emergency landing, after we had dumped some fuel. It turned out that part of the undercarriage 'cowling' had been found on the Birmingham runway. landed at Gatwick OK but then the chaos started.

On both occasions I received a business class upgrade, simply because I pointed out that I had lost the first day of my 7 day holiday. Was told most people don't bother to contact Emirates afterwards. Felt a bit iffy about the first one, due to a tragic death.

My point about this post is I always found Emirates an excellent airline when they were getting established but now I think they are becoming complacent to some extent.

you mean it's all their fault for letting her die on the aircraft

How can a reporter get so simple facts wrong? Makes you wonder what else is wrong in all those stories.

Also note that the same mistakes are made by several news outlets meaning they just copy paste from each other. And the flight number prefix is different every time smile.png

Done by Thai without any brains, having a keyboard with only <Ctrl>C and <Ctrl>V on it or having a mouse with one (right) button working....

Edited by FredNL

Of course not. I meant getting an upgrade at the expense of someone dying.

Of course not. I meant getting an upgrade at the expense of someone dying.

I would have gone for the upgrade too, emilymat. You're a long time dead, so what does it matter.

I use Emirates from Newcastle-Dubai-Bangkok, change planes at Dubai, last time the flight then continued on to New Zealand with the passengers going there stopped on the aircraft at Bangkok. I have flown from Bangkok to Dubai and the plane had come from Hong Kong so I assume that Emirates fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

What a load of old women some of you are. All this fuss about whether it's this or that flight, where it was or wasn't going to here or there and how you type it on a keyboard.

Edited by Gillyflower

Incorrect and confusing headline. It sounds like there was some problem with the aircraft. And it makes the airline -

Emirates in this case - undeserved look bad

It's tragic when somebody dies in an aircraft, but it is not the airline's fault

According to the Bangkok newspaper that may not be quoted, it was an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Singapore.

Technically, Etihad is an Emirates airline since it is based in the UAE, commonly referred to as the Emirates and it's citizens are Emiratis. Just as United and Southwest are American airline companies, but neither is the company named "American Airlines."

And from Phuket News;

Arab woman dies after flight she was on makes emergency landing at Phuket airport

PHUKET: An Etihad Airway̕s flight was forced to make an emergency landing at Phuket International Airport last night (May 5) after a 66-year-old passenger passed out. She later died at Thalang Hospital.

- See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/arab-woman-dies-after-flight-she-was-on-makes-emergency-landing-at-phuket-airport-52187.php#sthash.MOlHw8Mx.dpuf

Edited by Suradit69

I use Emirates from Newcastle-Dubai-Bangkok, change planes at Dubai, last time the flight then continued on to New Zealand with the passengers going there stopped on the aircraft at Bangkok. I have flown from Bangkok to Dubai and the plane had come from Hong Kong so I assume that Emirates fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

EK does fly HKG BKK, assumption correct.

Think someone got it wrong Emerities does not fly from Abu Dubi to Hong Kong

Also, if a plane was flying from Abu Dhabi to Hong Kong, what would it be doing anywhere near Phuket, even in an emergency.

Emirates code is EK not TL.

ATC Routes are not straight lines. They follow great circle routes allowing for the curvature of the earth-an oblate spheroid. Therefore an ideal diversion alternate based on the position of the aircraft was Phuket, after flying over the sea.

A great circle route from AUH-HKG goes nowhere near Phuket and in fact avoids all of SEA crossing North India, Myanmar and PRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

Etihad is arabic for United (good pub trivia ammo for any Man City fans who are not aware of this) hence Etihad is the UAEs airline and not Emirates (Dubai hub) other than codeshare flights as stated earlier, all Etihad flight numbers are EKxxxx (Abu-Dhabi hub)

Some airlines put a blanket and seat belt over a passenger who has expired as if sleeping, surly if they have already gone, may as well take them home to thier loved ones or on Holiday...?

anyway RIP to the lady who passed

Sad. RIP. Am surprised that medical emergencies and even deaths don't happen more often inflight. As the years have gone by it, along with the whole process at the airport before you even get to the gate, has become an increasingly stressful experience, esp. for Economy travelers. Or maybe these things are happening and we just don't hear about them (and why would we?).