First list of allegedly corrupt Thai officials ready for action

webfact

First list of allegedly corrupt officials ready for action

5-7-2015-12-04-35-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister Gen Phaibul Khumchaya revealed today that the first list of allegedly corrupted government officials is ready to forward to the prime minister to take action.

The minister did not state if how many officials are on the first list to be punished but saying only that the deputy prime minister in charge of legal affairs, Dr Wisanu Krue-ngam, has finished the review of the list and is ready to forward to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to take action.

He said Dr Wisanu has finished screening allegedly corrupted officials whether they be punished under special power or normal legal action.

He said these officials will be the first lot of officials the deputy minister has instructed the Public Sector Anti Corruption Commission (PSACC) to find more evidence before punishment by the prime minister will be taken.

Earlier the PSACC has said it has collected 100 names of corrupted government officials for investigation from government agencies, namely the Office of the Auditor-General, the National Anti Corruption Commission, and the Monitoring and Inspecting Committee on Government Spendings.

These officials included top officials in government departments.

(Photo : Thai PBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/first-list-of-allegedly-corrupted-officials-ready-for-action

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-07

Ready for action.... What does it mean? Kind of warning for people who are on the list. Pay or we release the list.

I don't think that is what the article or the government is saying at all. I think that they have probably done their homework on this first list to the point of air tight cases against to those on the list. I would very much doubt given the political climate in Thailand at the moment that anyone on that committee is looking for a payoff.

Edited by Local Drunk

no this may not be the best time to start solciting for tea monies or any other article/method of illegaqly increasing income. lots of eyes ears telephone numbers have been opened lately. bonuses, rewards offered and maybe other incintatives offered.

snitch heaven may become a new logo.

Edited by slapout

... "whether they be punished under special power or normal legal action."

"Normal" legal action with appeals and bribing judges of some courts at some point will only drag on the cases. Then it will still be business as usual. Both for the bad guys and for the public.

There will be quite a few names on that list of which there will not even be remote doubt of them being guilty of corruption. Publish a list with a few dozen of those names including a few high profile ones.

Punish them colllectively under special power. Say ten years in the can, no early release possible. Take away their assets. Do a media offensive with articles about and interviews with the victims of the corruption. Show the wealth of the bad ones too. Show the high life they lived with money acquired over the backs of the poor.

After all, when being a junta one could use those dictatorship powers for the common good. But be very careful about the bad guys to chose. There must be convincing prove of their guilt.

The fight against corruption needs a big boost. If not things will not change in the land of so many things that should be better.

Ready for action.... What does it mean? Kind of warning for people who are on the list. Pay or we release the list.

I don't think that is what the article or the government is saying at all. I think that they have probably done their homework on this first list to the point of air tight cases against to those on the list. I would very much doubt given the political climate in Thailand at the moment that anyone on that committee is looking for a payoff.

Agree. However, this is yet another Big Show/eliminating political opponents and very little else.

I'm willing to bet that every official on that list just happens to be associated with the red shirts and PTP.

So they should be let off because others do it too ?. Typical red-shirt excuse.

I don't give a damn who they are. If they are guilty they should be sent to prison : a few less low-life thieves in the system and an example to the others.

The rest might change their ways or they might get it too further down the line.

Why should you care who they are as long as they are guilty (which I have no doubt they are)?.

Transparency ... not a word recognized in Thailand. Who's on the list; probably will never know but those on it sure to ... this sound more like selective screening with those on the list likely to have a word with Prayut and if they won't play his game them action is likely to be taken. Of course that will include ample time to flee the country.

Justice Thai Style = one big fat FARCE.

I think they should have a whistleblower hotline and publish it every day front page in every newspaper plus every tv channel daily. They should state if a corrupt person working for the government is reported and convicted, their assets will be siezed, sold and the person reporting the corrupt person will receive 50% of all siezed asests. No government official would be exempt, from the highest office in the land down to and including the local village Puyai Ban.

If they did this they would have to to have a battery of phone lines and hundreds of people answering the phones.

''Ready for action ''...Carpet lifted...commence sweeping. Must be getting a bit crowded under there these days.

Two weeks later we will be told these people have been 'dealt with' under the 'immense powers' of article 44 and all is well in Disneyland.

I would think that the eyes of the world are watching to see how Thailand solves the problems raised by inside and outside agencies. Most of these problems have been going on for years and have become an almost acceptable part of Thai life. Tea money to get your documents issued quickly. Tea money to get your goods through customs quickly. Bt. 500 for a driving license without passing a test. A telephone line or electrical connection? 'OK mate. A few baht will do the trick'!. One day Thailand will be cringing under the 'Sorry, that's more than my job's worth' syndrome. Not in my lifetime though. And I would think that many farangs living here with a few bob in their pocket, hope it doesn't come to that in their lifetime either.coffee1.gif

I'm willing to bet that every official on that list just happens to be associated with the red shirts and PTP.

Surprised/shocked you consider PTP and red shirts to be so predictably corrupt.

I can understand your initial reaction of shock.

But there again, associating with a gang of proven liars headed by a convicted criminal fugitive............... lay down with dogs, expect fleas.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another heap of inactive post transfers,where do they put them all ? They stay at home i suppose and collect their wages every month, sounds more like a reward.

Would you prefer a kangaroo court?

Wait just a minute...what if the Thai officials who compiled the list of allegedly corrupt Thais...are in fact corrupt themselves and are using this list to settle old scores and reduce competition for the corrupt bath in Thailand?

We must do a complete investigation into this compilation of so-called corrupt Thai officials...

I still contend if you take the position that ALL Thai officials are corrupt...you will hit the mark more often than not...