First list of allegedly corrupt Thai officials ready for action

webfact

I'm willing to bet that every official on that list just happens to be associated with the red shirts and PTP.

So they should be let off because others do it too ?. Typical red-shirt excuse.

I don't give a damn who they are. If they are guilty they should be sent to prison : a few less low-life thieves in the system and an example to the others.

The rest might change their ways or they might get it too further down the line.

Why should you care who they are as long as they are guilty (which I have no doubt they are)?.

Emphasis added. That's not what ldiablo was saying. I think we all know that plenty of Democrats are every bit as corrupt as any member of PTP. I'm thinking of Suthep here. If the list contains only members of PTP, the inference is that it's a politically motivated hit list of people they don't have evidence against. I'm fairly sure they're more sophisticated than that, but maybe they're more arrogant than I think.

Ready for action.... What does it mean? Kind of warning for people who are on the list. Pay or we release the list.

Please provide the source for your last statement.

I'm willing to bet that every official on that list just happens to be associated with the red shirts and PTP.

So they should be let off because others do it too ?. Typical red-shirt excuse.

I don't give a damn who they are. If they are guilty they should be sent to prison : a few less low-life thieves in the system and an example to the others.

The rest might change their ways or they might get it too further down the line.

Why should you care who they are as long as they are guilty (which I have no doubt they are)?.

Emphasis added. That's not what ldiablo was saying. I think we all know that plenty of Democrats are every bit as corrupt as any member of PTP. I'm thinking of Suthep here. If the list contains only members of PTP, the inference is that it's a politically motivated hit list of people they don't have evidence against. I'm fairly sure they're more sophisticated than that, but maybe they're more arrogant than I think.

Seeing as how Thaksin affiliated and controlled parties have been in power for most of this century; and nepotism and cronyism putting relatives, lackeys and cronies into key positions is part of their MO, it would seem reasonable that many on that list, if not all, had some connection with Shin parties.

Suthep has yet to be charged and convicted. If he is and found guilty it does not justify or excuse anyone else.

The bleat that others did it, they did it before us, we were elected and can do what we want,and the continual lying in denying doing anything wrong is the Shin party mantra.

Edited by Baerboxer

Ready for action.... What does it mean? Kind of warning for people who are on the list. Pay or we release the list.

I don't think that is what the article or the government is saying at all. I think that they have probably done their homework on this first list to the point of air tight cases against to those on the list. I would very much doubt given the political climate in Thailand at the moment that anyone on that committee is looking for a payoff.

Who is a naive little Vegemite then?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another heap of inactive post transfers,where do they put them all ? They stay at home i suppose and collect their wages every month, sounds more like a reward.

Would you prefer a kangaroo court?

Three hops and you're out.

I think they should have a whistleblower hotline and publish it every day front page in every newspaper plus every tv channel daily. They should state if a corrupt person working for the government is reported and convicted, their assets will be siezed, sold and the person reporting the corrupt person will receive 50% of all siezed asests. No government official would be exempt, from the highest office in the land down to and including the local village Puyai Ban.

If they did this they would have to to have a battery of phone lines and hundreds of people answering the phones.

They can't publish names until there is enough real evidence to bring a prosecution and the defendant is officially charged. Otherwise it is libelous and the newspaper can be taken to court; even if charges are brought later.

the person reporting the corrupt person will receive 50% of all siezed asests

Since you have to be corrupt to keep your job, anyone who has enough evidence to warrant a conviction is most likely deeply involved also, and will not come forward since they can't spend those assets until the case is resolved and by that time, they, themselves, may be in prison and can't spend the money. And then, there is a good chance any witness with enough information may meet with an 'unfortunate' accident and be unable to testify.

I am curious as to how they compile these lists since I haven't read of where the government is soliciting information from the public. If they would just clear up the back-log of prosecutions, many of which have been going on for years e.g. Permanent Secretary of Transportation, Supoj Saplom? Bt 700 million (and that was just the cash inside his house) http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/513177-nacc-investigates-transport-mins-permanent-secretarys-assets-after-being-robbed-of-bt200-million/

Just how corrupt does one have to be to make these lists? Bt 100 million? Bt 200 million? More? Former Central Investigation Bureau Chief Pongpat Chayapan amassed billions of Baht from corruption

All are corrupt to one degree or another (favors and what-not). Since there is corruption everywhere, and no one knows who everyone's secret connections are, there will be some stone-walling and sabotage from within the investigations so I don't think Prayut will be in office long enough for anyone on these lists actually see the inside of a prison. The next 'politically elected' government will let many 'off the hook' to gain loyalty with the Civil Service whose services they need to loot the country the next time.

Edited by rametindallas

How long would it take to put together a list of 100 not corrupt officials?

And how sad for those who have willingly paid in support of that corruption for personal advantage who in the future will not be able too ! Tell me more about Thainess ! I despair of ignorant Farangness !

A positive move to get rid of corruption yet still some moron thai bashers can't help themselves.

Ban all thai bashers.

A useless comment from a non-thinking person, can't use another word or I'd, once again, get suspended. I don't see anyone Thai "bashing" what I see are people commenting on the actions, non-actions of Thai authorities...NOT all Thais, based on previous actions, non-actions. It does appear that those who lean more towards the "reds" are targeted more than "yellow", just look at the now "untouchable" Suthep. How about next time actually "thinking" before commenting. As for a "positive" move, we wait and see, before commenting, if anything actually happens...so far, since the coup, not much has changed.

Apparently they are looking to build a maximum security prison capable of holding 55 million, most of the population deemed corrupted. The remaining 14 million are looking at ways of funding such a facility so that they may skim of 30% of the costs !

Build a prison, they don't need to, it exists, it's called "Thailand," just need a way of stopping some from escaping, and removing their power and wealth.

Let's get the ball rolling.

We are excited to see a brand new Thailand!

A place where we love and proud of.

Not a place we mentioned and someone said: "OH the country full of scams and corruptions"

Someone just whispered in my ear. "In your dreams"

Oops.... :(

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another heap of inactive post transfers,where do they put them all ? They stay at home i suppose and collect their wages every month, sounds more like a reward.

Would you prefer a kangaroo court?

A kangaroo court seems befitting to kangaroo politics... but I know what you're saying score.