Thailand urged to be ready for UK's exit from EU

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Subject the The United Nations' blessing", LOL. This is what happens when a nation gives up its sovereignty to a group or groups. Just try to expedite something if you ever get it done at all by waiting for this motley group.

"No boots on the ground", LOL. Instead let's just bomb the entire shoreline of Libya twice a week and listen to the whingers bitch about it.

It's too late for Europe to save itself from all of this because its leaders have entirely lost the plot about national sovereignty and political correctness.

Edited by NeverSure

Come on caMORON has no intention of ever giving us a referendum. That was just another of his lies to get elected.

cameron has to have a referendum on everything because he has neither the brains, knowledge, or balls to make a decision himself, because he doest want to be blamed when things go wrong

Come on caMORON has no intention of ever giving us a referendum. That was just another of his lies to get elected.

I agree with you,he is a Europhile, never intended to give the people a Referendom on Europe.Now he will go through the motions,and try and make it look like it's a fair,balanced Vote,don't believe a word of it! many of his Party are anti Europe,and are honorable enough to stand up and be counted!

All he has to do is put the case for staying in and the possible ramifications of leaving.

Big business (you know, those people that create employment) are overwhelmingly for staying in.

Britain attracts the most foreign investment of any country in the EU.

That will not only stop, but, big employers like the car manufacturers will move their operations (eventually).

Also, it will be a perfect reason for Scotland (they want to stay in) to hold another Independence referendum, which they will win.

Is losing Scotland and the dissolution of the U.K. a price worth paying to leave? I don't think so.

Edited by KarenBravo

All he has to do is put the case for staying in and the possible ramifications of leaving.

Big business (you know, those people that create employment) are overwhelmingly for staying in.

That will not only stop, but, big employers like the car manufacturers will move their operations (eventually).

Also, it will be a perfect reason for Scotland (they want to stay in) to hold another Independence referendum, which they will win.

Is losing Scotland and the dissolution of the U.K. a price worth paying to leave? I don't think so.

It's not up to the business community to decide if the UK remains in the EU, it will be decided by the electorate, and if Scotland does decides to leave the UK and remain under the control of Brussels that would be a bonus.

It's not up to the business community to decide if the UK remains in the EU, it will be decided by the electorate, and if Scotland does decides to leave the UK and remain under the control of Brussels that would be a bonus.

I think we are all sick and tired of Salmond and Sturgeon outrageous demands,let's be honest every other word is about Scotland,neither of them have the slightest interest in the United Kingdom,which is patently obvious! it's all about going it alone,after they have tried to drain the UK,with one demand after another.

I never thought I would change my mind about the Referendom for Scotland, the SNP heavies was the final hardcore braggardly intimidation. Unfortunately for the SNP, Cameron has a majority,relying on no one. Now i'm looking forward to a quick divorce from the nagging never satisfied, soon to be ex wife (Hopefully) getting Europe off our backs will be a double bonus! that dreams are made of!

We lost Scotland many years ago,as a real/dedicated member of the UNITED KINGDOM, so it's no real great loss!

I sincerely hope Scotland will win the next Independence Referendom.

Edited by MAJIC

See post #6.

Yes lose them all and get back to basics Edited by sparkey

When the risks of leaving the EU are made clear, the chances of it happening will be very small.

The chances of it happening will indeed be very small, not because of the risks, but because politicians and civil servants ignore the will of the people. Democracy is a sham.

(Slightly off topic, but look at the election result, UKIP won 13% of the vote, but returned only one MP.)

seconded thumbsup.gif and they think the thai government is corrupt coffee1.gif

The Bank of England has confirmed it is researching the financial risks of the UK leaving the EU after it "inadvertently" sent details of its work to a national newspaper.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32856698

When will the EU referendum happen?

The one thing we know for sure is that Prime Minister David Cameron has said it will happen by the end of 2017. The most likely times of the year for referendums are generally May or September, and some people think it should be held as soon as possible - possibly even in May 2016, to coincide with elections in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and London, rather than waiting for 2017.

In the event of a vote to leave the EU, what will be the reality?

UK citizens carry an EU passport, will they have to be replaced?

Thai wives of UK citizens will no longer be the spouse of an EU national.

Will Solvit UK become a distant memory?

Edited by sandyf

The labour party has dropped their opposition to the EU referendum.

Whoopdi-do.

As if they had a choice..........

You obviously see that as a positive.

Many forget or prefer not to remember that the UK struggled from 1961 to 1973 to get into the EEC. Unlike today, at that time there was a clear plan for the way forward. Now everyone wants to jump overboard and just hope they can swim.

When the risks of leaving the EU are made clear, the chances of it happening will be very small.

If these 'risks' are detailed along with the advantages and return of sovereignty the chances of it happening will be in the hands of the people. Not a bad idea, since what we have now bears no resemblance to what British people voted for in 1975. I for one would change my vote to no. Putting 12 £Billion back into the UK economy each year may be an advantage as well as the ability to protect our own borders.

There is no doubt the risks will be made abundantly clear, along with a measure of scare mongering by leaders of industry.

what have us bears got to do with it ?

They will go after your pic a nic basket

Whoopdi-do.

Many forget or prefer not to remember that the UK struggled from 1961 to 1973 to get into the EEC. Unlike today, at that time there was a clear plan for the way forward. Now everyone wants to jump overboard and just hope they can swim.

You're seeing things that aren't there.

My point was, that what Labour think about anything is irrelevant. They aren't in power and have reduced seats.

For your info, I think Britain should stay in.

It seems the old adage about "assuming" is true for you.

Edited by KarenBravo

whistling.gif Sounds like the old joke.

Fog in the Channel, Europe cut off.

As an American I have no vote but I've made it clear before that my opinion of the Eurozone is that it is a Capitalist criminal Euro Bank gangsters Mafia (Banksters) lead scheme to steal money from European workers by the French,German, and unfortunately also British

Banksters and to profit from those stolen funds from the other countries of the Eurozone.

And I personally think that the U.K. would be best served to leave that group of thieves as quickly as they can, if only to salvage what little of the former honor and decency that still remains in the U.K..

But that is just my humble opinion.

What is humble about this posting?

Whoopdi-do.

You're seeing things that aren't there.

My point was, that what Labour think about anything is irrelevant. They aren't in power and have reduced seats.

For your info, I think Britain should stay in.

It seems the old adage about "assuming" is true for you.

Not an assumption, quite obvious your post was sarcastic.

Whoopdi-do.

And many people have not forgotten that they were sold the EEC and instead got the EU . A completely different institution. I cannot understand why any true Brit

Would want to remain in the EU, as it certainly does not serve the interest of the

British people.

The fact is, is that the combination of being in the EU and the "Anglo-Saxon" business economy, makes it a magnet for multinational's direct foreign investment.

The U.K. gets the most foreign investment by far of any EU country.

The factories, offices and service centres that is a direct benefit of these multinationals, create employment.

If the U.K pulls out of the EU, watch direct foreign investment plummet.

UK: Shifting from "Grexit" to "Brexit," Sunday Telegraph article, "Cabinet...

UK: Shifting from "Grexit" to "Brexit," Sunday Telegraph article, "Cabinetministers are warning there will be a second referendum on whether the UK shouldquit the European Union if David Cameron fails to win a radical new deal inBrussels." The major concessions being sought by the UK from EU member statesinclude "the power to stop migrants claiming benefits, a guarantee that the UKwill never join the euro, a better deal for businesses, and a new system forblocking unwanted European laws."

Source: Market News International (MNI) – A Deutsche Börse company

1. June 2015 01:00:48