Police Officer hurt in high-speed road crash in Central Pattaya

webfact

Police Officer hurt in high-speed road crash in Central Pattaya

police-31.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 42 year old Police Officer along with his Wife, were injured in a high-speed road crash in Central Pattaya on Sunday afternoon, which saw his pick-up truck flip onto its roof in the center of the road.

The incident occurred in Soi Sukhumkvit 45 and was witnessed by shop owners who claimed he was driving extremely fast, and his Silver Toyota Hilux Vigo clipped two parked vehicles which caused the Police Officer’s vehicle to flip onto its roof.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/192382/police-officer-hurt-in-high-speed-road-crash-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-11

Police should be exemplary, and have a double punishment when violating the rules. but this is true in Singapore. I hope they will punish him severely and deprive him of somtan for at least a week !!

He will probably be given a pay rise and promotion as he did not take out any civilians.

OMG. About the only time I could agree with Police attitude about "do as I say not as I do" !! whistling.gif

Nevertheless, best wishes for a speedy recovery to both of them and I hope, a lesson learned.

A bus driver in training, for a later career change? (ok, flippant comment - could not help it) cheesy.gif

a police officer speeding well don't that beat all it just goes to show that the police are as bad as other road users in some cases worse , I n residential areas there should be a speed limit of 15 mph and it should be adhered to.

a police officer speeding well don't that beat all it just goes to show that the police are as bad as other road users in some cases worse , I n residential areas there should be a speed limit of 15 mph and it should be adhered to.

You bring up an interesting related point. Is there a speed limit for un-posted residential areas in Thailand (no speed limit signs)?

Many countries have such laws, simply because no country can afford a sign every twenty meters on all the roads they have.,

Anyone?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In Australia we have a mandatory speed limit in a residential built up area of 50kph. Normal roads 60kph & highways are as sign posted but usually 100kph or 110kph. Even if there was a speed limit here Thai drivers including Police would not obey it anyway. In the Soi (which is just wide enough for 2 cars) near my house they drive like its a race track. Enforcement of the rules is the only way. Make the fine fit the crime. Most countries have hefty fines for breaking road rules, this acts as a deterant & the revenue is used to build better roads & a better trained Police Force. NOT JUST LINING THE POCKETS OF POLICE.

You bring up an interesting related point. Is there a speed limit for un-posted residential areas in Thailand (no speed limit signs)?

Many countries have such laws, simply because no country can afford a sign every twenty meters on all the roads they have.,

Anyone?

Sorry, like I said in the past... nothing changes because they are part of the big problem when it comes to Thailand being number 2 in the world, of course no seatbeat too.

Actually I am sure Thailand is #1 since the number of trafficdeaths dosent include people dying on the way to hospital or in the hospital which I think Namibia - the official #1 - does.

and yes the Police Force is to blame for this mayhem on the roads for sure !

Poor driving habits and poor decision making are not unique to this "policeman". One only has to look to the public roadways to see that those characteristics know no national origin or profession.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In Australia we have a mandatory speed limit in a residential built up area of 50kph. Normal roads 60kph & highways are as sign posted but usually 100kph or 110kph. Even if there was a speed limit here Thai drivers including Police would not obey it anyway. In the Soi (which is just wide enough for 2 cars) near my house they drive like its a race track. Enforcement of the rules is the only way. Make the fine fit the crime. Most countries have hefty fines for breaking road rules, this acts as a deterant & the revenue is used to build better roads & a better trained Police Force. NOT JUST LINING THE POCKETS OF POLICE.

Anyone?

Most Thais could never pay a hefty fine, they don't make enough despite the number of TVF members who advocate this.

Remember a couple of years back when they had one of their infamous crack downs on mini van speeding drivers minimum fine was five hundred baht people caught on camera, hundreds were caught but only a tiny few bothered to mail in the fine, so like all other crack downs it simply went away . Forgotten..

Amazing Thailand.

"Many countries have such laws, simply because no country can afford a sign every twenty meters on all the roads they have.,"

Just looking out my window in Aus, I reckon we are getting close to that 20 metres. Aus is the world's hub of road signs.

And no, we can't afford it.

Oh yes we can, just reduce the old age pension a little.