Thai govt chides astrologers for earthquake predictions

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astrologers are passe, when it comes to earthquake prediction go with the Jellyfish, there massing at Krabi a sure sign of impending doom.

I've never met a Jellyfish that has told a lie (a few dogs whilst asleep, but never a Jellyfish)

Astrologers are passe, when it comes to earthquake prediction go with the Jellyfish, there massing at Krabi a sure sign of impending doom.

I've never met a Jellyfish that has told a lie (a few dogs whilst asleep, but never a Jellyfish)

Mmmm...........

I know many people that eat garlic and have never been bitten by a vampire, therefore eating garlic keeps vampires away?

Just more "twisted logic" to perhaps go along with the jellyfish theory coffee1.gif

Steven Hawkins must go nuts over these guys, while Albert Einstein, and Charles Darwin spin in their graves to give enough electric power to Tokio for a year.

Btw. isn't it against the law now to spread such rumors?

I go nuts over irrational nonsense quoted by supposedly educated first world people on the internet.

We are clearly still in the dark ages!

post-208832-0-46917100-1431340431_thumb.

David Cameron, Nick Clegg, and Ed Miliband spring to mind!!

This felow is seriously involved in the occult and is not to be taken lightly; not so much that the prediction is correct, but he most likely has a reasonably robust history of accurate prophecies in personal matter due to his 'spirit' contacts (jinn). Hence, people are spooked, even my wife. She is 80% certain the country wil split in two and wants me to leave my job in Malaysia jst in case the peninsula is cracked wide open. Jeeeeesh!

Why is the email subject "Thai govt asks astrologers for earthquake predictions" when the headline is actually the exact opposite?

Probably because in "government speak", the words ASK and CHIDE have very similar meanings

Hey TV: regarding topic headlines I get in my mail vs what shows up here as article headline, how about making them match? My mail says "Thai government asks astrologers for earthquake predictions" (sounds like they are looking for help, right?) but here story and headline indicate opposite: "Thai govt chides astrologers for earthquake predictions". This is not the first time...

on the subject, there was Joni Mitchell song with lyrics "She'll predict your death. Won't say when.... won't say when....." I predict universe will end in 100 trillion years. Check back later, see if I got it right.

Quality reporting from Coconuts as usual "three stars of Saturn.....have aligned in a really shitty way".

Anyone got contact details for Nostradamus as I need the lottery numbers?

You'll lose something, and you'll miss it very much :D Edited by micmichd

Why is the email subject "Thai govt asks astrologers for earthquake predictions" when the headline is actually the exact opposite?

Because they decided that mocking Thais would be better clickbait than the sensible actual headline.

Really is rather pathetic the lows that are being stooped to.

Mmmm...........

I know many people that eat garlic and have never been bitten by a vampire, therefore eating garlic keeps vampires away?

Just more "twisted logic" to perhaps go along with the jellyfish theory coffee1.gif

Prior to coming to Thailand I had Irish Wolfhounds, never had an Irish Wolf in my neck of the woods. So your logic clearly holds true.

Mae Takien Thong herself told me when the "Big One" was going to hit, but I'm sworn to secrecy. Intra-trans-dimensional Secrecy and Security Act. Only a handful of 'peebop' and a few retired Buddhist farang are privy this compartmentalize portion of the spirit world. Sorry General. Can't share the news from my spirit house!

I just read this article and was going to comment on the same thing. I can't believe 12 people had something else to post rather than pointing out this huge error.

"asks" and "chide" are as you say 180 degree opposite.

It read "ask" in the headline this morning, and was then changed to "chide" in the email subject in the notifications during daytime.

Thai bashing seems to be more important than anything else.

Edited by micmichd

why is Thailand not experiencing "Alien abductions"??? Clearly there must be a good market for that.

They use their aliens as walking ATMs :D

Aliens are not good for abductions anyway. They eat too much, drink too much, and are not worth anything.

Edited by micmichd

Well apparently this belief goes up to the highest reaches of society. So why should the rest of these mortals not be entitled to their own superstitions? That saying "Practice what you Preach" and "Walk the Talk" comes to mind.

Thing is that it is difficult even for Earth Scientists to predict when the big one will occur. At best they can only give guesstimates.

Thai earthquakes are different, just like Thai electricity.

tourism, every now and then we hear its only 5-6% of GDP but as soon as something can scare away a few tourist then its like the GDP could drop 50% which probably are more correct measured direct and indirectly.