Most Thais are happy with their jobs

webfact

Most Thais are happy with their jobs
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- MOST employees are happy with their jobs, according to JobsDB Thailand. However, 36 per cent of the respondents to its survey said they were "quite unhappy" and 6 per cent were "very unhappy" with their jobs.

However, 36 per cent of the respondents to its survey said they were "quite unhappy" and 6 per cent were "very unhappy" with their jobs.

Managers at 44 per cent and supervisors at 42 per cent are the unhappiest.

Among the reasons for their disgruntlement, processes and systems that cannot help them perform their work well came out on top, particularly with supervisors, managers and directors.

Salary dissatisfaction, which most people would expect to be the most popular reason for job unhappiness, came only second, and is a common reason for entry-level employees and junior executives.

About 16 per cent of unhappy employees claim to be dissatisfied with the roles and the job that they do.

The "JobsDB Thailand Happy Meter" report revealed that 48.6 per cent of respondents were "quite happy" and 9.7 per cent were "very happy", mainly because of satisfaction with their roles in the job.

A quarter cited the relationships with their colleagues and direct superior, while 21 per cent were satisfied with their salaries.

Satisfaction with colleague relationships is actually the top reason for job happiness across most employment levels, with salary satisfaction making most supervisors happy.

Also contributing to happiness at work are the work-life balance their job offers and the incentive and benefit packages they get with their remuneration.

Most employees see themselves staying with their companies for only three years at most, with 38 per cent saying one to three more years and 27 per cent maybe looking for better opportunities within a year.

A third of the respondents belong to the supervisory level. Employees with one to three years of experience account for 31 per cent of the respondents, while only 9 per cent are entry-level.

This may mean that many employees, despite having been employed for a considerable period and having some sort of tenure in one company, include moving to greener pastures in their short-term career plans.

JobsDB is an online job portal covering Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore. Its Thailand "Happy Meter" survey was conducted last month with 1,452 candidates responding, 83 per cent of them hailing from Greater Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Most-Thais-are-happy-with-their-jobs-30259848.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-12

Most employees see themselves staying with their companies for only three years at most, with 38 per cent saying one to three more years and 27 per cent maybe looking for better opportunities within a year.

Yes, sir, I'm so happy with my job that I plan to stay with the company for my work lifetime or maximum of three years (or much less), whichever comes first.

Please stop it !! - stop it !! - stop it !! - stop it !!

Am I the only one fed up with these micro surveys of 1,000 people out of 70 million Thais that are published as if they reflect the general population opinion? - please stop it !! - The results are not worth the paper they are written on, these surveys are a shameful propaganda released by the junta and supported by the so called academic institutes.

shameful!

Managers at 44 per cent and supervisors at 42 per cent are the unhappiest.

I wonder why that is. Could it be because the average Thai worker change job every 3 months, probably because he is sooooo happy, and the managers and supervisors have a big problem with that.

83 per cent of them hailing from Greater Bangkok

Cleary a very biased sampling and focuses on people are probably are salaried employees, ie., civil service and corporattions.

A key statistic missing from those surveyed is their monthly salary. I would guess it surpasses the minimum daily wage of Bt300.

Meanwhile according to the Thai Chamber of Commerce, most non-salaried workers are asking help from the government to lessen their household debt burden and want an increase in the minimum daily wage adjusted to 398 baht. Furthermore, they also want this rate adjusted to 491 baht in the next three years.

Judge People from what they do rather on what they say. Thai People rarely like to appear negative when asked but the turnover according to businesses in the Tourism Industry is horrendous. One day Employees simply don't turn up and not seen again forcing some restaurants for example to close their kitchens for the day. That is why so many businesses prefer to employ workers from around the Region rather than take on less committed Thais.

Please stop it !! - stop it !! - stop it !! - stop it !!

Am I the only one fed up with these micro surveys of 1,000 people out of 70 million Thais that are published as if they reflect the general population opinion? - please stop it !! - The results are not worth the paper they are written on, these surveys are a shameful propaganda released by the junta and supported by the so called academic institutes.

shameful!

No one is forced to read them. The power button is an option.

The shame would be additional censorship of what is available to read...or not read.

Yes, sir, I'm so happy with my job that I plan to stay with the company for my work lifetime or maximum of three years (or much less), whichever comes first.

Whenever someone tells I get 200 Baht more.......and if it isn't true I ask if I can come back....

There are Thais that work?

there are a lot hard and good working Thais. There are a lot lazy one. But you don't see the hard working, as they sit in the office somewhere doing their job. If they do manual work they get promoted away from it.