Marriage visa specific question

Hallo,

i work in Thailand since 2012 and my work contract will be over soon - I decidet to stay in Thailand because I am not sure where my company would send me next. So I want to get self employed but then I will have some visa issue.

Anyway I plan to get married soon and got some questions about the 400,000 thb requerment / 40,000/month:

As I was reading the partners income doesn't count anymore ? (My fiancée makes after tax 55,000thb)

Dose rental income count ? I bought a condo in 2014 in bkk and got a tenant with a two year contract.(condo is in my name)

I also rent my apartment in Germany out - dose that count ?

Both apartments make separate over 40,000thb a month.

Or do I have to save money and make some visa runs for 6 month ? (Never did that before so I guess I will not have any problems?)

Hope some one got first hand information ;)

Thank you so much !

Go to laos and get a 3 month non-o married visa,get your wife to sign all the documents as garantor then no need to show money in the bank.

Make sure you have all the correct paperwork,originals and copies.

Also take your wife.

After that you can do a 2 month extension at your local immigration giving an extra 2 months.

Thats 5 months stress free.

Works for me.

If your apartment in Germany makes over 40,000 baht a month, you can ask the German embassy to certify this income and you can get an extension based on this.

The Thai condo can be income too, but you will need to provide tax documents for this.

Go to laos and get a 3 month non-o married visa,get your wife to sign all the documents as garantor then no need to show money in the bank.

Make sure you have all the correct paperwork,originals and copies.

Also take your wife.

After that you can do a 2 month extension at your local immigration giving an extra 2 months.

Thats 5 months stress free.

Works for me.

There is a good deal of wrong and misleading info in your post.

Both the embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet will issue a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof. Savannakhet will do a multiple entry visa without it.

You wife does not act as a guarantor and she does not need to go with you to get the visa..

All that is needed is your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife/'s house book registry and ID card.

Thank you all for your replies - I think I will go with the embassy solution - a marriage visa where I have to do visa runs doesn't sound great. Beside I don't want to deal with it on the Thai side - normally that's a bigger headache ;) anyone German knows if and what the embassy charge and if I only need my bank statement (in Germany) and/or renting agreement ?

@flindbkk

have you obtained all documents for your thai marriage for example certificate of non-objection (unbedenklichkeitsbescheiinigung)from your local german marriage registration office.

@all

unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung is a specific public service technical term in germany for which no real translation exists ?? hence not to mislead

the addressed i need to apply the terminology . certificate of non-objection has a different meaning .

wbr

roobaa01