Where's The Mail Go?

Qiixi

Well My friend(GF) Filipina working in minburi has sent me two small packages and both just seem to have disappeared. First was in Feb,2006..never got that..sent just plain old mail..not surprised.

The second one she sent around Aug.10. This time sent RMS. The Guy at Big C where she sent it from said "No EMS in New Mexico" so they sent it RMS..

Did a "Track and Trace" on the RMS Registered Mail Service

Results for RBxxxxxxxxxTH

Scan Location Description Delivery Status

Monday, August 21, 2006 12:11:34 PM

KHLONG CHAN Accept

What's this mean? Lost in Khlong Chan?

Don't know my Thailand Geography very well yet, but I'm guessing that it didnt get far from Big C

Does this happen a lot even with registered mail? Not really worried, just a couple of Tshirts. Was in an RMS envolope. Any tips on shipping so things dont disappear?

Whats the big deal for a couple of Tshirts? Guess I'm glad to help out if someone needed them

Well My friend(GF) Filipina working in minburi has sent me two small packages and both just seem to have disappeared. First was in Feb,2006..never got that..sent just plain old mail..not surprised.

The second one she sent around Aug.10. This time sent RMS. The Guy at Big C where she sent it from said "No EMS in New Mexico" so they sent it RMS..

Did a "Track and Trace" on the RMS Registered Mail Service

Results for RBxxxxxxxxxTH

Scan Location Description Delivery Status

Monday, August 21, 2006 12:11:34 PM

KHLONG CHAN Accept

What's this mean? Lost in Khlong Chan?

Don't know my Thailand Geography very well yet, but I'm guessing that it didnt get far from Big C

Does this happen a lot even with registered mail? Not really worried, just a couple of Tshirts. Was in an RMS envolope. Any tips on shipping so things dont disappear?

Whats the big deal for a couple of Tshirts? Guess I'm glad to help out if someone needed them

Looks like the last know location for the package was Klong Chan postal center. Your girlfriend should bring the documentation down to a post office to put a trace on it.

If your girlfriend sent something from Big C she was using a private postal service like Mailbox Inc. They generally provide a good service, but just take your mail down to the post office after charging you a bit extra for the convenience. In my opinion this just adds an additional opportunity for mail to go missing. Advise her to send directly from a post office next time. Airmail times can vary considerably. I find packages and small envelopes to the US take about 2-3 weeks on average, but I just had someone say it took a month. Registered mail can slow things down a bit because transit of the item must be recorded at various stages. Overall I have had very good results with the Thai Postal system over the last 25 years (knock on wood).