Automatically 'Follow' threads

Konini

This isn't a big thing, but it's been irritating me for months.

When I add a comment to a thread, sometimes I'm subscribed to it and receive emails when new comments are added, but as often as not I'm not subscribed, I only find out about followup comments if I see the thread in a topic list and remember that I was part of that discussion. Going in to the thread and clicking on 'Follow' fixes it up of course, but I forget and don't see follow up remarks from others.

It's about a year since I noticed it, perhaps it's been happening longer, and although I haven't kept an accurate count I'd say somewhere between 40 and 50% aren't followed; I had to manually follow 2 threads this afternoon, and I've only made a handful of comments to threads I don't already get notifications for.

As I said, not a big thing, but a minor irritation in a system that is otherwise very good.

This is a known issue with a Support Topic already in play here:

Started by Costas2008, 2015-02-25 08:16 -- 48 replies
Currently "Likes" are the only notifications working for most folks using the Website. Missing are "Quoted Post" and "Replied to" notifications (by webpage badge or via email) in threads you participated or marked to follow.
Though I believe all the notifications are being received in both the iOS or Android version of ThaiVisa Connect application (if notification announcements are left enabled).
Sorry, no ETA posted yet on a fix for the website webpage badge (or emailed) notifications.