Yamaha NMAX

Just bought the NMax 155cc and after only 135kms I am feeling vibration through the bars and the feet. Anyone had similar problems and any advice to reduce or eliminate the bad vibes?

Probably just the belt breaking in. Should go away after a little while.

You know you have a winner when others make what amounts to a clone of your product

Suzuki had the Burgman 125 back in 2010 and PGO/Tiger had the GMax 150 back in 2007 so who exactly copies who as with automobiles is not always clear.

VW had the Golf but then the Peugoet 207 took the mantle then the Ford Focus became the best balanced best handling hatch. Mercedes copies BMW and vice versa.

My local dealer finally got one in. Just crawled all over it for 15 minutes. Really nice bike. Fit and finish is excellent.

I was a bit disappointed by the size. I thought it would be bigger. It's just like a bloated Nouvo but the seat is wider and more comfortable.

They said Vietnam will only get the grey color... Had my heart set on black. ? Price is $3,782 OTD. Ouch...

I like it better then the PCX personally. If the price is similar for you guys in Thailand I think the N-Max is the better buy. Faster, better looking, more room for the lanky farang rider, better brakes, can mount a top box without drilling holes.

Also going to check out the SH-150. Have a nice day. ?

If you live in Vietnam the SH is a no brainer as it is made there!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of a shop selling NMax accessories or can provide a link within Thailand that sells accesories, Yamaha only do a few, have seen a bike with some accessories so they are being sold somewhere, just back from a 2000km trip on the NMax, awesome bike.

Just bought the NMax 155cc and after only 135kms I am feeling vibration through the bars and the feet. Anyone had similar problems and any advice to reduce or eliminate the bad vibes?

3000kms completed and no problems, slight vibration with the wing mirrors which isn't a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I rented one recently for a few days. I currently drive a PCX. Found the NMax smoother at speeds over 60kph, I suppose due to the wider wheels. Brakes were outstanding. Bike had more power and acceleration for my PCX. Having a hard time deciding between the two, for a replacement bike. Am leaning toward the Yahama. Also, the PCX is now up to 80-83,000 with electronic key system on the 2016.

Lastly, I do not think the 2016 Yamaha has come out yet. Anyone know when they will be available in Thailand? For resale purposes, I would prefer not to buy last years model, as is the case with all NMax sales in Thailand currently, unless the dealer was misinformed. Manufacturing sticker said sept. 9, 2015. She presumed the model year was 2015. So did I.

Edited by spidermike007

Not mentioned because it's double the price and the thread title is Yamaha NMax, a comparison would not include the Forza but does include the NMax competition i.e PCX.

No problem with the NMax on long journeys, I've been to Cha am from Phuket on mine, over 2000kms over two weeks, very comfortable bike!

Edited by Badrabbit

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys! I just bought my Nmax this morning. Does any of you got a first class insurance? How much did you pay and what is the name of the company insuring you?

The Yamaha dealer gave me a quote of 16600thb for a first class insurance with Falcon... Really a joke since it is more than what I pay for my Kawasaki Versys 650 which is 3 times the value of an Nmax...

On top of the compulsory third party insurance Yamaha Dealer was offering a theft insurance (2000thb for 1 year, 2500thb for 2 years, 3000thb for 3 years) and an additional accident insurance 1700thb for 1 year for which he was not able to explain anything about...

If any of you got a descent second or first class insurance please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by Mactao

Hi Guys! I just bought my Nmax this morning. Does any of you got a first class insurance? How much did you pay and what is the name of the company insuring you?

The Yamaha dealer gave me a quote of 16600thb for a first class insurance with Falcon... Really a joke since it is more than what I pay for my Kawasaki Versys 650 which is 3 times the value of an Nmax...

On top of the compulsory third party insurance Yamaha Dealer was offering a theft insurance (2000thb for 1 year, 2500thb for 2 years, 3000thb for 3 years) and an additional accident insurance 1700thb for 1 year for which he was not able to explain anything about...

Thanks

Send aa insurance an email, they are very good and 1st class should only be a couple of thousand.

Thanks

Send aa insurance an email, they are very good and 1st class should only be a couple of thousand.

Sadly no for a proper 1st class insurance, my guess is min 8-10k baht per year.

I have Falcon 1st class on my Versys 650 year 2015 and it cost 17800 per year and I had AA in Pattaya checking 2 times if a cheaper class A insurance could be had, but no unless the coverage is so low it's hardly worth it. I can get one 1500 baht cheaper but it only cover 1/2mill baht hospital bills to 3rd parties and that is not enough in today's Thailand, Falcon is 1 mill and my truck is 2 mill per person.

Class A on bikes has sky rocketed the last couple of years because Thais buy big bikes on down payment and many crashes them.

On the new scooters I bought, I got the 2 year 80% theft coverage but if I buy one again I will get a 3 year one for peace of mind and I have a company health insurance so if I hurt myself, I will be covered by that.

I use Siam Cosmos Services for 1st class ins. for my pcx150 and is 4900bht a year. The insurance co. is Tokio Marine Insurance and their address is 12th floor Nantawan building 161 Ratchadamn rd, Lumpini. i also have my cbr300 with them. Their service is excellent

• 3 months later...

Hi, I just received mine about 2 weeks ago. Here in Kuala Lumpur, there is only have the non ABS version and only 2 colours available (grey matte & red). Done 300+Km. There is quite strong vibration on the handle bar (if speed below 70Kmh) and today I found out that the setting buttons on the speedometer doesn't work. :( Kinda sad. Didn't expect it to fail badly (quality wise).

I hope the vibration will be gone after the running-in period. Not sure when can I get the replacement for the speedometer thou.

One more thing, the gearbox produce a audible 'whine' around 30-40Kmh. Does anyone have the same 'sound'?

• 1 month later...

After taking a tumble on my PCX 150 due to the "combi-brake" locking up my front brake, I've started pursuing the option of switching to an NMAX.

After renting one for a few days, I'm in love with it. The independent ABS brakes are great. A little more peppy on takeoff, no difference when hitting potholes and speed bumps because of the smaller tire. I think that being wider is more important than the diameter. Miss the LED lighting but, that can be changed.

Several post have mentioned vibration in handlebars. Mine has about 3,,500km and has some pretty bad vibration there. Mirrors shake so that everything is blurry. Gearbox, transmission or rear end "whines" on both acceleration or coasting.

Once the vibration and whine issues are solved, I'm ready to get an NMax.

Comparing fuel costs for scooters.. You guys make me laugh.

According to the Dali Lama, laughing is good.

8^)

Just finished reading all this thread.

Comparative fuel costs --- not discussed.

You making dat up.

5 5

Just drove another NMax with 5,500kms. Same handlebar vibration and driveline whine. Some say it's just during the "break in" period.

Does anyone have one that had these problems to start with but now is OK?????

The ABS and power is GREAT, the noise and vibration ISN'T.

Nextdoor neighbours one has done 3500 kms same horrible rumble from transmission. Strange dont seem to get it on my Honda Pcx ? Wonder why ? Quality maybe ?

Of all the PCX's that I've rented, I've never had one that made that kind of noise or had vibrations.

After putting the NMax thru some emergency braking maneuvers, I think I can live with some noise and vibration.

Nextdoor neighbours one has done 3500 kms same horrible rumble from transmission. Strange dont seem to get it on my Honda Pcx ? Wonder why ? Quality maybe ?

Shouldn't be Yamaha is reputed to have better build quality than Honda.

Rumblings from the transmission can be many things. Loose weights, dust in the clutch, belt slap.

Edited by VocalNeal

Shouldn't be Yamaha is reputed to have better build quality than Honda.

Site?