Yamaha NMAX

I like how it has the big storage, ABS, and 16hp but this is an ugly copy of the PCX.

I also don't care for the small diameter wheels.

Do the marketers forget the bad roads and flooding that occurs in the region?

I thought Yamaha was a roll with the Grand Filano, R3, and Exciter but this one fails in the styling department for me.

The performance specs look good, guess pricing will determine success.

With the Tricity having ABS for ~80k and the Nouvo SX for less than 60k I would think this should be priced in the 70k range.

• 4 months later...

In terms of width and length, how does it measure up to the PCX? I always thought the PCX was a tad oversized. (Unless the rider was big and fat) (which I am not tongue.png )

The NMAX and the PCX are virtually the same size, weight and cost.

NMAX 740 x 1955 x 1115 127 kgs PCX 740 x 1915 x 1090 129 kgs

The NMAX has 10% more power though 11.1 Kw vs 10.0 Kw.

My current bike though, a Yamaha SX, is not that much different 705 x 1955 x 1080, the NMAX being just slightly wider.

13" wheels may mean wider choice of tyres. I need a new rear for PCX and there isn't a great choice here! Maybe I will find a tyre in Phitsanulok next week.

The main bike parts shop in Phi Chit only had size 100/80 x 14 in Michelin....no good on the rear!

• 1 month later...

I really like the looks of this bike. Haven't seen one in person yet.

How's the riding position compared to the pcx? It looks like the handle bars sit up higher and there's more leg room. I'm 194cm and my knees hit the handle bars on a pcx.

Priced good in Thailand at $2,175 USD. I live in Vietnam and the price is listed at $3,584 USD ? I can buy two Nouvos with that much money.

I went to a shop that the had them parked side-by-side and I sat on both. The Yamaha has more leg room.

Thanks for the fast reply! Can't wait to see one in person. This looks like the exact bike I've been waiting for. Perfect for the tall farang. Can get a factory top box too!

I just had a 30L Givi topbox fitted on my bike for 1800B from Yamaha,its the quick release model and it can take 1 full face or 2 open faced helmets.

Or 6 bottles of Singha,2 bottles of wine,2L of milk and still have room for some stuff called food.

I went to a shop that the had them parked side-by-side and I sat on both. The Yamaha has more leg room.

Thanks for the fast reply! Can't wait to see one in person. This looks like the exact bike I've been waiting for. Perfect for the tall farang. Can get a factory top box too!
North to Hanoi ! ? ! ?

Or south to HCMC.?

North to Hanoi ! ? ! ?

Or south to HCMC.?

Yes, if you like.......Papa been drinking moonshine again, trying to forget about VN?

North to Hanoi ! ? ! ?

Or south to HCMC.?

I rode all over the south on a raggedy ass Nouvo 1. Great experience, but I need a more comfortable bike next time. Nouvos, Exciters and PCXs are great bikes but they're not built for tall people. I'm hoping this NMax is a winner. Also looking at the Honda SH150 which is the same price here.

Then I will head to the north! ?

post-246366-0-75717400-1447490020_thumb.

Sorry to bump this thread again. Still waiting to see one of these in person and I had a question for you guys who own one.

How would you compare the NMAX to a Nouvo in regards to comfort and performance? The N-Max is more then twice the price of a Nouvo here...

I like the fat tires, ABS brakes and 30 more CCs but that's quite a jump in price.

What do you think? Is it twice the bike?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.vn/nm-x

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.vn/san-pham/Nouvo-FI-RC-moi-153

Sorry to bump this thread again. Still waiting to see one of these in person and I had a question for you guys who own one.

How would you compare the NMAX to a Nouvo in regards to comfort and performance? The N-Max is more then twice the price of a Nouvo here...

I like the fat tires, ABS brakes and 30 more CCs but that's quite a jump in price.

I moved from a Nouvo/SX to a NMAX. It is a much better bike. Prices here in Thailand are only about 40% more not double. It feels a much bigger bike and is a lot quicker. The brakes feel very strong although i have not had to test the ABS yet. It is slightly more comfortable than the SX with a jell like seat. I would be happy to tour out of town on it but probably wouldn't on the SX. If you have the cash go for it you will not be disappointed.

I moved from a Nouvo/SX to a NMAX. It is a much better bike. Prices here in Thailand are only about 40% more not double. It feels a much bigger bike and is a lot quicker. The brakes feel very strong although i have not had to test the ABS yet. It is slightly more comfortable than the SX with a jell like seat. I would be happy to tour out of town on it but probably wouldn't on the SX. If you have the cash go for it you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the response. Yes you guys have this bike available for a good price in Thailand. I wouldn't think twice about it at that price. Not sure why it's so much more here. Must be higher import taxes?

The Nouvo is a great bike and it's excellent for zipping around the city but it was torture on long trips. The seat is too narrow and it pushes me forward. The N Max looks more comfortable for cruising.

Looking at some accessories available and I see Yamaha offers a "comfort" seat. Not sure how it's different but for $200 it better massage your ass while riding.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/scooters/urban-mobility/nmax.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=2DP-F47C0-00-00&year=2016

The top box looks great though.

My local dealer finally got one in. Just crawled all over it for 15 minutes. Really nice bike. Fit and finish is excellent.

I was a bit disappointed by the size. I thought it would be bigger. It's just like a bloated Nouvo but the seat is wider and more comfortable.

They said Vietnam will only get the grey color... Had my heart set on black. ? Price is $3,782 OTD. Ouch...

I like it better then the PCX personally. If the price is similar for you guys in Thailand I think the N-Max is the better buy. Faster, better looking, more room for the lanky farang rider, better brakes, can mount a top box without drilling holes.

Also going to check out the SH-150. Have a nice day. ?

I like it better then the PCX personally. If the price is similar for you guys in Thailand I think the N-Max is the better buy. Faster, better looking, more room for the lanky farang rider, better brakes, can mount a top box without drilling holes.

I dont think you need to drill holes for topbox on the PCX?

a.jpg

http://thaimotorbox.com/index.php

• 4 weeks later...