Is this the most stupid thing they have done in CM?

thaibeachlovers

They have made the airport road one way from the traffic lights on the Hang Dong road to the airport. This means that all the people going to the buildings near the traffic lights have to go ALLLLLLLLL the way to the airport and drive ALLLLLLLLLL the way back again to withing 100 meters of the traffic lights. Clever, NOT.

They could have put a "no through road" sign at the traffic lights and blocked the traffic past the buildings but hey, TiT.

Works for majority of users so I give the one-way system clap2.gifthumbsup.gifwai2.gif

Although your idea does have merit, we've already seen 'rat runners' try to go against the flow all the way to airport.

I'm glad you made sense of the OP thumbsup.gif

Since there are no rules or regulations regarding traffic or driving in the Kingdom, what difference does it make? Going the wrong way seems to be a privilege that many drivers exercise regularly. Just do what you want. Even if there were rules, the police wouldn't know what they are.

Also, there are no signs indicating that the access road to the airport is one-way, two-way, or any-way. At first I thought it was temporary, but I think they are going to wait until the road paint wears off, then order signs at the same time they repaint it.

Since there are no rules or regulations regarding traffic or driving in the Kingdom, what difference does it make? Going the wrong way seems to be a privilege that many drivers exercise regularly. Just do what you want. Even if there were rules, the police wouldn't know what they are.

Also, there are no signs indicating that the access road to the airport is one-way, two-way, or any-way. At first I thought it was temporary, but I think they are going to wait until the road paint wears off, then order signs at the same time they repaint it.

Since when did road marking paint mean anything?

Twice yesterday in this fair city i drove onto a 'one way' street without any indications of it's 'wayness'. I mean, let's get real. If they want one way roads better put up some signs. wouldn't you think?

Now so you twice drove onto"a" one way street, "a" meaning one street so the same street both times? And you were going the wrong way both times?

Did you read all the signs it Thai to be sure it was not posted?

Op, I think what happened was that at peak times, the single lane exiting wasn't allowing for enough flow out.

To me the stupid part is how shodily the whole thing was done. Still has two way lines, improper signage, etc. Early in the transition, multiple times I saw people travelling in the wrong direction.

There you go, I thought it works fine, much better than when it was 2 way.

But yes, the signage does need to be improved for those using it for the first time or suffering from short term memory loss!

This is old news, entrance into the road from the 108 end has been blocked for ages.

I too cannot see any reason or logic behind it, but this is Thailand where the word logic is not even listed in the Thai dictionary.

Actually the word "Logic" and "common sense" are in the Thai language.....Yawn!

Edited by MILT

I like the intersection on Chiang Moi road where where you turn right towards Thapae road.

The one place in Thailand where one drives on the right. It's a mindscambler.

That actually makes complete sense as the road runs between 2 others that are one way. It would be a complete nightmare without it.

This is old news, entrance into the road from the 108 end has been blocked for ages.

I too cannot see any reason or logic behind it, but this is Thailand where the word logic is not even listed in the Thai dictionary.

That was what is called a 'figure of speech' - perhaps more of a 'euphanism' - either way I dont think it was meant to be taken 'literally'.

Look all those up in your Thai dictionary - definitely not there smile.png

'euphanism'

Is that a euphemism that wants the right to end its own sentence?

Twice yesterday in this fair city i drove onto a 'one way' street without any indications of it's 'wayness'. I mean, let's get real. If they want one way roads better put up some signs. wouldn't you think?

Now so you twice drove onto"a" one way street, "a" meaning one street so the same street both times? And you were going the wrong way both times?

Article "a" - not specific meaning "any" one way street. So in this case, likely to be two different streets methinks.wai.gif

I like the intersection on Chiang Moi road where where you turn right towards Thapae road.

The one place in Thailand where one drives on the right. It's a mindscambler.

Not so, the entire patong one way system was made that way, rumor has it so that tour busses would have to pass jungceylon shopping center.. This clockwise one way circuit made every connecting rd opposite side traffic driving..

So simple, go anti clockwise.. Well they had a 50/50 shot at getting it right..

I once saw in Chiang Rai a pick up with Thai Logistics written on the side and back. How could this be one has to ask.

Actually the word "Logic" and "common sense" are in the Thai language.....Yawn!

"I too cannot see any reason or logic behind it..."

I think he probably means anything he can't comprehend is, ipso facto, illogical. Back in Farang Land everything governments do makes perfect sense.

navigation.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Anyone remember when they built the new off ramps without also making on ramps on highway 7 in the vicinity of Regents School? SO many high speed near-accidents (and probably a number of accomplished wrecks, I just never saw one) because folks would get on the highway against the flow. It took quite some time before they realized what an "oops" they'd created.

Developed by Thai engineers, graduates of the Thai edumacational system.

Were you driving backwards?