PM axes 45 officials under graft probe with his special powers

Lite Beer

people here complain about Corruption. Then when something is done about it, they have nothing but negative things to say.

What is wrong with you people.

If they are trying to rid corruption, they should be applauded for it..

perhaps because some folks here have seen enough of Thai politics to suspect these unilateral gestures by the current regime are not without bias or an agenda and the current rash of sackings is more partisan than impartial.

To follow on, it would equally interesting (if not more interesting) to know on which ground the other 55 people from the list have not been sacked... :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive note the PTP have a pool now to chose from for future recruitment.

Never saw the PTP promote the termination of corrupt officials. In fact they promoted them.

Of course this goes against the PTP agenda so the conspiracy theory narrative slides right in with "I'd love to have a database to cross reference to find out which color of shirt appointed these people"

It is always a grand conspiracy and the poor terrorist red shirts are always downtrodden and hard done by.

FACTS and reality reflect differently, but never let that get in the way.

Edited by djjamie

The corrupt axing the corrupt. I'd love to have a database to cross reference to find out which color of shirt appointed these people. It would be interesting to know the backgrounds of their replacements.

Consolidation of power comes to mind.

Interesting point NS.

Now can you tell us how say, the PTP would do things differently if they were in power ?

Some of the wording you used in your post made me think of the Shins for some reason. whistling.gif

Would the PTP have something like article 44 at their disposal? smile.png

Hilarious ! Only a fool or someone who knew absolutely nothing about the PTP would know they would not need something like Article 44 to carry out their dodgy deals.

Did they have it when they were trying to sneak amnesty laws through in the middle of the night ? Or when they were handpicking cronies for "certain" positions in government ?

They stank to high heaven, with or without Article 44.

I don't think the point of the post was about what the Shins or the PTP would do but what the current regime is doing. IF it is no different than what the PTP or the Democrats would do then there is no change in the corruption just different players.

candide, on 16 May 2015 - 07:46, said:

Hilarious ! Only a fool or someone who knew absolutely nothing about the PTP would know they would not need something like Article 44 to carry out their dodgy deals.

Did they have it when they were trying to sneak amnesty laws through in the middle of the night ? Or when they were handpicking cronies for "certain" positions in government ?

I don't think the point of the post was about what the Shins or the PTP would do but what the current regime is doing. IF it is no different than what the PTP or the Democrats would do then there is no change in the corruption just different players.

No, the point of the post was to deflect attention away from the original question I asked NeverSure, which was not answered.

Answering a question with a question.

Don't worry I am used to it, and I don't bother pursuing answers to my questions as it seems a lot of the people I debate with on this forum simply don't have the answers and are experts at changing the subject.

Edited by mikemac

candide, on 16 May 2015 - 07:46, said:

No, the point of the post was to deflect attention away from the original question I asked NeverSure, which was not answered.

Answering a question with a question.

Don't worry I am used to it, and I don't bother pursuing answers to my questions as it seems a lot of the people I debate with on this forum simply don't have the answers and are experts at changing the subject.

+1...

Like Expratt…Instead of using FACTS to look at tourist arrivals he gauges them on a cup to the wall of the hotel he is staying in to see if the room is vacant…If it is then the Junta have failed..

Weak excuses from people that follow weak propaganda narratives.

I guess Thailand should be more like the country I left, good 'ol USA. It's squeaky clean, no corruption at all. The govt, all politicians, big biz, judicial system etc etc all doing honest non-corrupt jobs. That's why USA is so great. Economy humming along, unemployment at 5% or less, everybody happy, no one on welfare, GDP up to a great level, all bankers are as honest as the day is long, stock market just keeps on climbing to a daily fantastic level with no end in sight, economy booming, no inflation, no deflation no recession, hardly any gap in wealth of rich and middle class, no internal strife, no terrorism, no deadly govt created terrorism false flag atrocities, no public citizen demonstrations. police all amazingly fair in dealing with all citizens and rarely have to use their guns or teargas or tasers, no drug problems, very few citizens in jail, very few homeless on streets (by the way I checked highly reliable govt stats on all this info), no immigration scandals or problems, streets paved with gold, milk and honey for everyone, educational system flawless turning out highly intelligent children with no diet problems (fat kids hardly ever seen) in fact most Americans are not fat but trim, are really intelligent, treat their families with respect, obey all the laws, US military minds it's own business and never intrudes on any other country and is always there with a helping hand to overthrow any other country that has an abusive govt ... well you get the idea ... USA is just a perfect role model for a free happy democratic republic, in fact all the western nations UK, Europe etc are run so well and efficient I can't understand why others don't listen to the western world and do what they want, would save the world so much grief sorrow and regret to just admit how wonderful the western countries of the world are. Hmmmmm what was I thinking ... moving to such a place as Thailand and having to worry about stuff every single day .... maybe I should go back to good 'ol USA and be happy happy happy ... give up my greedy thoughtless ugly old Thai wife and get married to an understanding, loving, thoughtful non-greedy virtuous beautiful 75 year old American princess and live my remaining years in bliss ......... wacko.png

Edited by carken

people here complain about Corruption. Then when something is done about it, they have nothing but negative things to say.

perhaps because some folks here have seen enough of Thai politics to suspect these unilateral gestures by the current regime are not without bias or an agenda and the current rash of sackings is more partisan than impartial.

So your privy to the list and can make the absolute statement that the list is partisan. So please share such details.

To help answer some questions put here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825781-more-officials-suspected-of-corruption-to-be-suspended/

Earlier, Prayut used his powers under Article 44 to suspend 45 civil servants being investigated for corruption. Their respective ministries have been told to complete their investigations as quickly as possible and if found guilty those civil servants must be punished.

The source said the civil servants were also facing criminal offences and were being examined by other anti-fraud agencies such as the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the Office of the Auditor-General, who were going ahead with their investigations.

The source said some of the civil servants had been found guilty but were yet to be punished, although under Article 44 their respective ministries must punish them.

45 govt officials transferred over corruption charges

The order also lists the ad hoc positions created to accommodate the 44 officials.

Create new positions for these alleged corrupt officials to work in. Unbelievable. Just suspend them until full charges can be brought.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825781-more-officials-suspected-of-corruption-to-be-suspended/

The source said the civil servants were also facing criminal offences and were being examined by other anti-fraud agencies such as the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the Office of the Auditor-General, who were going ahead with their investigations.

In Thailand, when it comes to Army folks, police folks and other civil servants, it's always "facing" criminal charges. But "facing" seems to be as far as it ever gets.

Only in the rarest, most infrequent cases do you ever see a follow-up action that any of those kind of folks are actually prosecuted in court under criminal statutes, the recent case with the police CIB head being a rare exception to the general trend.

I'd be hopeful that that shoddy history is in need of change. But there's little evidence to think it's going to change.

In Thailand, when it comes to Army folks, police folks and other civil servants, it's always "facing" criminal charges. But "facing" seems to be as far as it ever gets.

Only in the rarest, most infrequent cases do you ever see a follow-up action that any of those kind of folks are actually prosecuted in court under criminal statutes, the recent case with the police CIB head being a rare exception to the general trend.

I'd be hopeful that that shoddy history is in need of change. But there's little evidence to think it's going to change.

You are so right but the issue that sparked the case against the CSB chief had little to do with his corruption so he's a small drop in a massive ocean.

Maybe the country can celebrate when people like this appear in court and if found guilty after a proper trial get what they deserve including asset seizure.

If everyone can be sure their targeting was genuine and not selective because of who they were or are linked to.

Too many ifs and buts in LoS.

That's 'cause this is the forum for the angry, frustrated and cynical