Prayut confirms spokesman has quit

SPOKESPERSON
Prayut confirms spokesman has quit
THE NATION

30260234-01_big.jpg

Yongyuth Mayalarp

BANGKOK: -- GOVERNMENT spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp has resigned from his post, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha confirmed yesterday.

Prayut said Yongyuth had resigned due to a health problem but did not go into details. Yongyuth could not be reached yesterday.

Prayut said he has assigned General Wilart Arunsri, the cabinet secretary, to act as caretaker spokesperson while Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd would continue in his capacity as deputy government spokesperson.

"I am not appointing anyone yet and I will do it when necessary because at the moment the work can be continued [without Yongyuth]," the PM said.

Asked by reporters if there had been problems with the government in explaining its accomplishments to the public, Prayut said no.

"There's no problem. I can clarify everything. I have been doing this on behalf [of spokespersons] every day anyhow. Please don't write and make this an issue. [The resignation] was done voluntarily and there was no conflict…" Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-confirms-spokesman-has-quit-30260234.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-16

Stock type excuse along with ' wanting to spend more time with the family ' etc.

Note though the PM said that everyday he had to clarify what his spokespeople said. You can't get good handpicked help these days ! gigglem.gif

Leo Sayer " I'm a One man Band ".

"...Prayut said Yongyuth had resigned due to a health problem but did not go into details..."

Maybe something to do with a really bad taste in his mouth.

Yes, perhaps that or, more likely, feet full of bullet holes.

Rats and sinking vessels comes to mind..........

and / or Captain Pugwash throwing the cabin boy overboard. Despite all the myths his name wasn't Roger which is just as well as all the comments it would attract would have dozens of us being suspended. gigglem.gif

Translation: The PM can first shoot himself in the foot followed by putting that foot into his mouth without anyone's help. Anyone who tries to help him do that will get an unexplained illness.

Stock type excuse along with ' wanting to spend more time with the family ' etc.

Note though the PM said that everyday he had to clarify what his spokespeople said. You can't get good handpicked help these days ! gigglem.gif

Leo Sayer " I'm a One man Band ".

"...Prayut said Yongyuth had resigned due to a health problem but did not go into details..."

Maybe something to do with a really bad taste in his mouth.

Yes, perhaps that or, more likely, feet full of bullet holes.

smutcakes

Posted

NongKhaiKid

Posted

and / or Captain Pugwash throwing the cabin boy overboard.

Just1Voice

Posted

S.S. Thaitanic. Rats abandoning ship.

I will laugh when you all learn that Yongyuth has terminal lymphatic cancer.

smutcakes

Posted

NongKhaiKid

Posted

and / or Captain Pugwash throwing the cabin boy overboard.

Just1Voice

Posted

S.S. Thaitanic. Rats abandoning ship.

Well if that is the case, i wish him all the best with his treatment.

Bit strange being proved right on an internet forum that someone had terminal lymphatic cancer would cause you to laugh. A bit of perspective if you will.

Post 15 - you can laugh but nobody else will because that wouldn't be a laughing matter.

It isn't?

There's been plenty of laughing and crass oneupmanship in the mocking comments quoted, including yours.

It is those that will be the target of my laughter in their ignorance blurting out heartless comments.

Edited by FreddieJ2

Is this something you know for a fact (cancer)? Or merely an immature and angry retort at others for what you personally deem as wrong? If you have facts/proof, please share. I doubt if any of us would find that laughable. If not, and you're merely shooting off your own mouth, please stop, as you're embarrassing yourself.

you're merely shooting off your own mouth, please stop, as you're embarrassing yourself.

You've misdirected that.

Look who have been "shooting off" on the thread without knowing... that's embarrassing.

Hard to believe someone new to the forum would be quite so aggressive, more like one of the usual trolls with a new ID.

Hard to believe someone new to the forum would be quite so aggressive

Apologies if expecting a modicum of decency is being "so aggressive".

Perhaps in time and with thousands of posts, I too, can be callous and cynical and somehow still be considered passive.

you're merely shooting off your own mouth, please stop, as you're embarrassing yourself.

You've misdirected that.

Look who have been "shooting off" on the thread without knowing... that's embarrassing.

I asked you to back up your comments - if you can - about his supposed cancer. If you can't do that, then you're just running off at the mouth.

So, to put it simply - Put up or Shut up. That's not so hard, is it?

Hard to believe someone new to the forum would be quite so aggressive

Apologies if expecting a modicum of decency is being "so aggressive".

Perhaps in time and with thousands of posts, I too, can be callous and cynical and somehow still be considered passive.

methinks the troll doth protest too much.

A good spokesman needs to let everything said go in one ear and out the other. Maybe for Yongyuth things got so congealed in his brain that he was unable to regurgitate the words.

"I can clarify everything. I have been doing this on behalf [of spokespersons] every day anyhow."

I'm getting a circular logic headache.... So Prayuth has been the spokesperson for his spokespersons??? Ouch!

Also: Gotta love the implicit message in the comment. Basically he's saying that his spokespersons keep messing things up and he has to come in and clarify...

A good spokesman needs to let everything said go in one ear and out the other. Maybe for Yongyuth things got so congealed in his brain that he was unable to regurgitate the words.

To try to understand if Thailand is improving, sorry guys we therefore have to compare Info given out by this P.M. more than weekly whether it be right or wrong......with the non information given out by Yingluck.

Most of the time a cabinet Photo of PTP was spewed around announcing the end of corruption----( no action ever) drugs.. and so on.

Were the Thai people ever informed on a regular basis by Yingluck of any master plan to help Thailand ?? Sorry I fail to remember and that is NOT a biased statement.

Who was her spokesperson ?? telling the truth about rice--and other urgent matters------OMG.